The Most Dangerous Teaching

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When Jesus said it is finished, he had overcome satan and the world.

But he said before he went on the cross that he had finished the works that the father had given him to do, and that was to bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel, and show us a new and living way. And the works that God gave Jesus to do, were the works that Jesus did in his lifetime.

John 5

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

So you're saying, "Christ didn't come to earth to die for the sins of mankind?" That would be a pretty bold pronouncement on your part.

marhig

So you're saying, "Christ didn't come to earth to die for the sins of mankind?" That would be a pretty bold pronouncement on your part.
This is why Jesus said he came into the world.

John 18

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is why Jesus said he came into the world.

John 18

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Evidently, you're somewhat "Myopic" when it comes to Christ's true reason for taking on human form. You're not seeing the whole picture. What church or denomination are you affiliated with?

marhig

Evidently, you're somewhat "Myopic" when it comes to Christ's true reason for taking on human form. You're not seeing the whole picture. What church or denomination are you affiliated with?
I believe that Jesus says, and he said exactly why he came and I believe him.

Anyway I have to go and clean, lucky me! :) Speak soon God willing.

PS I don't belong to any denomination, I just follow Jesus

genuineoriginal

Uh, He was pleased with Christ's work on the Cross.

Yes, God was pleased with the obedience Jesus showed.

Philippians 2:8-9
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​

What makes you think God no longer cares whether you love Him and obey Him?

genuineoriginal

The most damnable heresy is that of free-will in the matter of salvation. That anyone can approach in any way, by intent, thought, word or deed, the Throne of grace to lay hold on salvation.

Philippians 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, God was pleased with the obedience Jesus showed.

Philippians 2:8-9
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​

What makes you think God no longer cares whether you love Him and obey Him?

Bless you brother.

turbosixx

Yes, and this is exactly how that happens:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins"
(Acts 10:43).​

Then there is another forgiveness of sins which is for those who are already saved:
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​
That forgiveness is in regard to being in "fellowship" with the Lord (1 Jn.1:6).
I agree 100%.

So you think that Paul himself washed away his sins?
Please tell me how he did that.

As we both agree, only those who are in Christ have their sins forgiven. So I would suggest to you the question is: How is someone added to Christ?

I know that your understanding is all someone has to do is believe. I would like to better understand what exactly you mean by that. For example, is it when someone comes to a mental understanding?

DAN P

I agree 100%.

As we both agree, only those who are in Christ have their sins forgiven. So I would suggest to you the question is: How is someone added to Christ?
/QUOTE]

Hi and it is when the Holy Spirit PLACES you into the Body of Christ !!

Read 1 Cor 12:13 and in Gal 3:28 !!

dan p

DAN P

What do we do for that to happen?

Hi and it happens when 1 Cor 12:3 happens and when that Person calls Jesus LORD , that has the Holy Spirit other wise , NO !!

That is what Paul did in Acts 9:6 did , LORD , what do you wish me to do , and no one is saved without calling Jesus Lord and Rom 10:9 , says , Unless we confess that Jesus is LORD , because Christ gives the GIFT of Faith as written in Eph 2:8 !!

dan p
t

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi and why did not Paul use a formula , like in the name of Jesus ??

Please notice that the Greek word BAPTIZO / BAPTIZED does not have the Greek word for WATER / HUDOR , here at all ??

Could Paul water baptize , when 1 Cor 1:17 NOT sent to Baptize !!

In Acts 16:33 , why does it say , " and was baptized , he and all his INSTANTLY ??

BAPTIZO /BAPTIZE has 12 meanings and it means the jailer and his house were washed and saved !!

Just like Titus 3:5 says !!

dan p

I'm purdy sure the jailor and probably some women members of his family washed Paul and those with him.

Last edited: