The Most Dangerous Teaching

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you sure you want to trust a man rewording God's word. Obviously you haven't checked the Greek words used there.

Where the Corinthians water baptized??

Common sense tells us that Christians have their sins forgiven. How did Jesus instruct the apostle to make Christians? When we see people becoming Christians, are they baptized as Jesus instructed?

I agree, only believers are baptized.

This is where you are mistaken. You're taking a book written to Christians ignoring what Jesus instructed on how someone becomes a Christian and the many conversions God's word gives us on how people actually became a Christian.

Why not use actual conversions to prove you're point?
For example,
Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
We see the believers baptized and added. Just as Jesus instructed on how to make a Christian.

You have an uncanny ability to be oblivious towards learning anything new. How do you do that?

glorydaz

Every day of our life we are tempted, and at times we do sin. Hopefully not wilfully. John said that If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves.

Every day of Jesus' life, He was tempted, but He never sinned. Being tempted is not a sin.

We have all sinned, but believers have had all their sins forgiven, and are now servants of righteousness. I can't help it if you are still a servant of sin, and have to fight against it all the time. :idunno:

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Our desire is to do the will of the Lord, because we are new creatures. All things are new. Most especially our being dead to the lure of sin. That forbidden fruit no longer has the power it did when we were under the law. We do not willfully do anything that would displease Him. Our desire is to please the Lord because He has performed HIS operation on us. Colossians 2:12 The love of God has been shed abroad on our heart by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. Romans 5:5 We have been delivered from the law which condemned us BEFORE WE had been washed, sanctified and justified. Romans 7:6 1 Corinthians 6:11

You just keep on whining about how you work really hard to be good, but can't quite pull it off.

Sin sin sin.....you are not dead to sin. It is alive and well in your world, thus you continue to battle against it.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.​

You're a servant of one or the other, Marhig. That "righteousness" you boast of is not the righteousness of God, but is only you own feeble attempts....a pretend righteousness.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

You don't hear believers claim to have their own righteousness. We don't claim we produce the Fruit of the Spirit. We don't beat ourselves over the back with whips, or lay on beds of nails for sins that Jesus died for, and removed far from us.

So......is it any wonder I'm tired of hearing you holier-than-thou sin mongers who toot your own horns? :jazz:

It's like plastic fruit.....annoying.

glorydaz

I say the same thing back atcha. I suggest you're basing spirit baptism off of one single verse. Even though there are verses that prove otherwise.

Try to see it from by perspective. I suggest this is what that verse is saying.

Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
Who were added in this verse? Those who were baptized and who were baptized, those who believed the word. You see, the Spirit added them when they believed and were baptized.

They received Peter's words and were added to the church. That is the visible church at that time.

There is nothing there about being baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. There is nothing Peter said about salvation by grace through faith.

glorydaz

Genesis 4:7
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

That's mercy, not Grace. Mercy is temporary....as long as he was doing good, God would show him mercy.

turbosixx

There is nothing Peter said about salvation by grace through faith.

Because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not grace. When does Paul first mention grace?

Then what would you call this?

2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Is this not grace? Did they earn forgiveness of sins?

Paul received the forgiveness of sins after he was baptized.
Acts 22:16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Truster

The most damnable heresy is that of free-will in the matter of salvation. That anyone can approach in any way, by intent, thought, word or deed, the Throne of grace to lay hold on salvation.

Jerry Shugart

Are you sure you want to trust a man rewording God's word.

So you think that Paul himself washed away his sins?

Please tell me how he did that.

Common sense tells us that Christians have their sins forgiven.

Yes, and this is exactly how that happens:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins"
(Acts 10:43).​

Then there is another forgiveness of sins which is for those who are already saved:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

That forgiveness is in regard to being in "fellowship" with the Lord (1 Jn.1:6).

And that is exactly what was happening with the nation of Israel when John the Baptist began his ministry. In the Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society David R. Anderson writes:

"We are suggesting that John the Baptist, Jesus, and Peter had dual ministries. One was to call the nation of Israel back into fellowship with Yahweh. The covenant relationship had long since been established. The nation of Israel did not need a new relationship with God. But they were sorely lacking in fellowship...John the Baptist, Jesus, and Peter were all trying to persuade Israel to repentance and turning that would bring them back to a refreshing fellowship with God...Now as a nation they needed to repent and turn (Acts 3:19) in order to have fellowship with God" [emphasis added] (Anderson, "The National Repentance of Israel," Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society, Autumn 1998, Volume 11:21).​

glorydaz

It's not the ONE baptism into the BODY.

Why was Cornelius' family "out of order"? In early Acts it was water baptism FIRST and receiving the Holy Ghost after that. Something different was going on in Acts 10.

Yep, much different. Peter was not preaching Paul's gospel at his time, and the "gift of the Holy Spirit" was one of "signs and wonders"....not the baptism by the Spirit into the body of Christ that comes with believing the Gospel of Salvation.

Act 10:45-47 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?​

Then we see that it was a matter of not refusing those Gentiles who had also received the sign gift of speaking in "tongues". Of note is this text where Paul was still preaching the kingdom of God and God was working "special miracles by the hands of Paul". He was laying hands on those who would prophesy and speak with tongues.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 7 And all the men were about twelve. 8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. 9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks. 11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

External or internal manifestations ..... :think:

Truster

Of course no one can "will" himself to believe the gospel. A person either believes the evidence presented in the gospel or he doesn't.

A person cannot will himself to believe something that he thinks is not true.

You've got enough rope of confusion there to hang yourself and you have.

marhig

Every day of Jesus' life, He was tempted, but He never sinned. Being tempted is not a sin.

We have all sinned, but believers have had all their sins forgiven, and are now servants of righteousness. I can't help it if you are still a servant of sin, and have to fight against it all the time. :idunno:

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Our desire is to do the will of the Lord, because we are new creatures. All things are new. Most especially our being dead to the lure of sin. That forbidden fruit no longer has the power it did when we were under the law. We do not willfully do anything that would displease Him. Our desire is to please the Lord because He has performed HIS operation on us. Colossians 2:12 The love of God has been shed abroad on our heart by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. Romans 5:5 We have been delivered from the law which condemned us BEFORE WE had been washed, sanctified and justified. Romans 7:6 1 Corinthians 6:11

You just keep on whining about how you work really hard to be good, but can't quite pull it off.

Sin sin sin.....you are not dead to sin. It is alive and well in your world, thus you continue to battle against it.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.​

You're a servant of one or the other, Marhig. That "righteousness" you boast of is not the righteousness of God, but is only you own feeble attempts....a pretend righteousness.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

You don't hear believers claim to have their own righteousness. We don't claim we produce the Fruit of the Spirit. We don't beat ourselves over the back with whips, or lay on beds of nails for sins that Jesus died for, and removed far from us.

So......is it any wonder I'm tired of hearing you holier-than-thou sin mongers who toot your own horns? :jazz:

It's like plastic fruit.....annoying.

Once we repent we are forgiven of our past sins those done in ignorance, once we know God we are to turn from sin and it is a fight we have to say no to our flesh but God helps us to overcome through Christ by the power of the Spirit, I'm not righteous in any way whatsoever, I've said I can't do anything without the help of God, I need God and Christ to show me my sins and help me to overcome. I'm just a sinner being saved daily by the grace of God through faith. But I know that I have to obey him, live by his will and remain in his goodness. Even Paul said that we will be judged on what we do good and bad.

And we won't be producing the fruit of the Spirit if we put our flesh first.

So are you saying that you never ever sin at all? In any way whatsoever? Or is it that you believe that Jesus died for your sins so God won't see what you do wrong? What exactly do you believe?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Once we repent we are forgiven of our past sins those done in ignorance, once we know God we are to turn from sin and it is a fight we have to say no to our flesh but God helps us to overcome through Christ by the power of the Spirit, I'm not righteous in any way whatsoever, I've said I can't do anything without the help of God, I need God and Christ to show me my sins and help me to overcome. I'm just a sinner being saved daily by the grace of God through faith. But I know that I have to obey him, live by his will and remain in his goodness. Even Paul said that we will be judged on what we do good and bad.

And we won't be producing the fruit of the Spirit if we put our flesh first.

So are you saying that you never ever sin at all? In any way whatsoever? Or is it that you believe that Jesus died for your sins so God won't see what you do wrong? What exactly do you believe?

Do you actually believe, God ONLY forgives our "past sins we did in ignorance?" How many sins are really done in ignorance? Think about that. What if you should commit a willful sin today, will it be forgiven, if not, then, what must you do to incline God to forgive you?

If you're trying to say we must "Repent" of each and every sin we commit in order to be forgiven, then, what happens if you should die before you repent of a certain sin you've committed? Would you lose your salvation?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Either Christ finished His Work on the cross or He didn't? Either He died for ALL of our sins (past, present, and future) or He didn't die for any of them. Remember, Christ, said in John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
What did He mean when He said; "It is finished?" After all, the reason He went to the cross was to die for the sins of ALL mankind. If it wasn't finished there on the cross then why would He say such a thing?

marhig

Do you actually believe, God ONLY forgives our "past sins we did in ignorance?" How many sins are really done in ignorance? Think about that. What if you should commit a willful sin today, will it be forgiven, if not, then, what must you do to incline God to forgive you?

I believe that God forgave our past sins when we first repented and turned to Christ Jesus yes. We are then to try and turn from sin, and through faith by his grace God will help us to overcome if we live by his will, but I still sin, but hopefully not wilfully.

I know that God will make me suffer for what I do wilfully wrong, and I will be punished for sinning, and I believe that we are always to repent once we know we have sinned and turn to God for forgiveness. I hope that I don't wilfully sin, to wilfully sin would mean I'm going directly against God, but I never say never, I can only pray to God to help me, to show me where I'm wrong and to help me to overcome.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that God forgave our past sins when we first repented and turned to Christ Jesus yes. We are then to try and turn from sin, and through faith by his grace God will help us to overcome if we live by his will, but I still sin, but hopefully not wilfully.

I know that God will make me suffer for what I do wilfully wrong, and I will be punished for sinning, and I believe that we are always to repent once we know we have sinned and turn to God for forgiveness. I hope that I don't wilfully sin, to wilfully sin would mean I'm going directly against God, but I never say never, I can only pray to God to help me, to show me where I'm wrong and to help me to overcome.

What's your definition of "Repent?"

marhig

Either Christ finished His Work on the cross or He didn't? Either He died for ALL of our sins (past, present, and future) or He didn't die for any of them. Remember, Christ, said in John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
What did He mean when He said; "It is finished?" After all, the reason He went to the cross was to die for the sins of ALL mankind. If it wasn't finished there on the cross then why would He say such a thing?
When Jesus said it is finished, he had overcome satan and the world.

But he said before he went on the cross that he had finished the works that the father had given him to do, and that was to bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel, and show us a new and living way. And the works that God gave Jesus to do, were the works that Jesus did in his lifetime.

John 5

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.