The Most Dangerous Teaching

genuineoriginal

Anyone relying on their own righteousness and obedience is relying on the wrong one.
Salvation is conditional.
The unrepentant have no hope since Jesus will never choose them.
The ones that think they are righteous have no hope since Jesus will never choose them.
The ones that are repentant and seek to do the will on God have hope because they are the ones that Jesus will look at when choosing.

Danoh

Here is one scripture to do away with Mid Acts Dispensationalists.

Luke 16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Mid Acts Dispensationalists say that Jesus and Paul preached different Gospels and for different people; Mid Acts Dispensationalists say that the things Jesus said while on earth are not for us all today. They are badly mistaken not knowing God and the scriptures. What Jesus says in Luke shows us that there is one Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was preached since John and preached by Jesus.
............................................................................................
There is no if, and, but, or maybe. Jesus' word is plain and clear. Now if only we will believe and obey.

Add your above to the MANY times you have contradicted yourself right under your own nose.

I don't think you mean any real harm.

You are just unable to see the obvious in a thing.

Even the obvious in your own words.

In remembrance of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Lon

No, because of people like me, your family has trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ, and received the gift of salvation -- while you stand accusing them of not "repenting" and not "obeying". You are wringing your hands, and they are trusting the Lord. You are left out in the cold with your stubborn pride. and they are safe within the shelter of His arms.

I feel sorry for you....charging your loved ones with sin, while you are the one who is LOST.
"Frustrated with being unable to pry her relatives from the arms of grace, she lashes out at those she supposes are responsible..." Or at least that's the way it appears.

Right Divider

Body part
I believe there is.

2 Thes. 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Rom. 2:5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 He will render to each one according to his works: 7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

What it doesn't say is all you have to do is believe.
It sad that you must take the meaning of THAT obedience out of context. The obedience required is faith in God and what He did for us.

2Thess 1:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

How do you suppose that those that KNOW NOT GOD can "obey" THE GOSPEL? What GOSPEL is being spoken of here?

The same one as THIS:

Rom 5:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

GRACE is not gained by performance of any kind of works of obedience of the individual believer other than believing God as Abraham did.

John 3:36 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

It's BELIEVE or NOT BELIEVE. Unbelief is disobedience and belief is obedience in this context.

What does "obey the truth" mean in Romans 2:5?

Same as it always does, believing God and His means of receiving eternal life.... FAITH.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Salvation is conditional.
The unrepentant have no hope since Jesus will never choose them.
The ones that think they are righteous have no hope since Jesus will never choose them.
The ones that are repentant and seek to do the will on God have hope because they are the ones that Jesus will look at when choosing.
By the righteousness and obedience of one, not two.

HINT: That one ain't you.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

God's Truth

Add your above to the MANY times you have contradicted yourself right under your own nose.

I don't think you mean any real harm.

You are just unable to see the obvious in a thing.

Even the obvious in your own words.

In remembrance of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

That is just your imagination, Danoh.

God's Truth

Anyone relying on their own righteousness and obedience is relying on the wrong one.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I am relying on Jesus' words. HE SAYS no one will enter UNLESS. He tells us how to make your heart right for him to live there. He is giving clear thorough instructions. But people hear say not to listen to him.

God's Truth

178b48cda5ec694d60dc6633c21c3b71--law-grace-omalley.jpg

Jesus saves those he chooses, and he tells us whom he chooses.

God's Truth

1 Timothy 1:15-16 KJV
(15) This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
(16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul's testimony is proof that believing alone does not save.

Paul finally believed when Jesus spoke to him on that road to Damascus, but was Paul saved yet? NO.

Jesus said he will tell him what he has to do.

Paul did what Jesus said to do, then he spent three days without food or drink and praying,

Just imagine those prayers and what they sounded it like.

He probably threw himself on the fall and cried about his life and his sins.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

genuineoriginal

By the righteousness and obedience of one, not two.

HINT: That one ain't you.

You seem to have missed the point.
It is Jesus who chooses who He will grant eternal life to.
Jesus has specific standards that He follows when He makes the choice to grant eternal life to a person.
If you assume that Jesus can be compelled to grant you eternal life because of your works or your beliefs, you are wrong!!!
Jesus will not be compelled to grant you eternal life no matter what you do or believe.

When Jesus judges you to see whether He will choose to grant you eternal life, will He see something that will sway His decision one way or the other?
This is the question everyone needs to answer for their own lives.
The first thing Jesus will look at is whether you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, strength, and soul.
The second thing Jesus will look at is whether you love your neighbor as yourself.
The third thing Jesus will look at is whether you believe on the Son of God.

Jesus will make the final decision on your eternal fate when He returns.
That is the when salvation becomes a reality.

God's Truth

Rom 5:18-19 is from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

You have to have faith that is alive in order to access that grace.

There is no way around it; Paul says don't deceive yourself.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul's testimony is
.... that is is only by the righteousness and obedience of one.

And you still ain't that one, GT.

God's Truth

Rom 5:18-19 is from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is some things from the risen Lord.

So you want only words from the ascended Christ?

Here are some words from the ascended Christ:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Oh how I love the Word of God. Repenting of sins is God's plea to us. Try one thing to repent of, something you know you can easily stop doing, then another, then another, call on Jesus for the harder things.

genuineoriginal

The Lord Jesus Christ tells us that it is only His obedience and righteousness that saves.
Rom 5:18-19
Jesus never stated that it is only His obedience and righteousness that saves.
Jesus was granted all judgment by the Father because of His obedience and righteousness, and now He has the power to save those whom He chooses to save.

God's Truth

Jesus never stated that it is only His obedience and righteousness that saves.
Jesus was granted all judgment by the Father because of His obedience and righteousness, and now He has the power to save those whom He chooses to save.

Amen, Amen, and Amen.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

genuineoriginal

I get the point that it is by the obedience and righteousness of one, not two.
Rom 5:18-19

None of our obedience and righteousness is involved.
My obedience and righteousness has nothing to do with God's decision to grant Jesus the power to give eternal life to whomsoever He chooses to grant it to.
God's decision was based solely on the obedience and righteousness of one person: Jesus.

However, Jesus is now the judge and Jesus will judge each of us to see whether He will choose to grant us eternal life.
Jesus does judge us on our obedience and righteousness.

God's Truth

You seem to have missed the point.
It is Jesus who chooses who He will grant eternal life to.
Jesus has specific standards that He follows when He makes the choice to grant eternal life to a person.
If you assume that Jesus can be compelled to grant you eternal life because of your works or your beliefs, you are wrong!!!
Jesus will not be compelled to grant you eternal life no matter what you do or believe.

When Jesus judges you to see whether He will choose to grant you eternal life, will He see something that will sway His decision one way or the other?
This is the question everyone needs to answer for their own lives.
The first thing Jesus will look at is whether you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, strength, and soul.
The second thing Jesus will look at is whether you love your neighbor as yourself.
The third thing Jesus will look at is whether you believe on the Son of God.

Jesus will make the final decision on your eternal fate when He returns.
That is the when salvation becomes a reality.

Oh no, no, no, you are giving mixed messages.

It matters what we do and we can compel Jesus by what we do.