The Most Dangerous Teaching

God's Truth

My obedience and righteousness has nothing to do with God's decision to grant Jesus the power to give eternal life to whomsoever He chooses to grant it to.
Oh yes it does. Straighten it out in your heart and mind, it matters to Jesus what you do and think.

Jesus tells us exactly what to do to get saved, and he tells us what to do to stay saved.

Think of the Parable of the Sower.

God's decision was based solely on the obedience and righteousness of one person: Jesus.

What? What? What?

You can't access that righteousness without doing what Jesus says to do.

However, Jesus is now the judge and Jesus will judge each of us to see whether He will choose to grant us eternal life.
Jesus does judge us on our obedience and righteousness.

Don't you see that you are given mixed messages? You just went from post to post saying it doesn't matter what we do, but then you in the end say it matters.

I hope you see what you are doing and straighten it out.

God's Truth

The scriptures tell us that before God made the world and all creation, He made the plan for salvation through Jesus Christ (Acts 2:23; 1 Peter 1:20; Matt 25:34; Eph 1:4) . From the scriptures, we also learn that God made us with the ability to choose right and wrong, and that He knew we would sin (Eph 1:4; Psalm 139:1-6).

The Bible tells us why God saves those He saves and not others. Those who God saves want to know Him more than they want anything else (Jeremiah 29:13; Deut 4:29; 1 Chronicles 28:9; John 12:25; Mark 8:35; Luke 14:26). Those saved humbled themselves and admit they are sinners, and they forgive others (2 Chronicles 7:14; James 4:10; Acts 26:20; Matt 5:7; 6:14, 15). They love God, they believe, obey, confess and repent (John 14:23; Romans 10:10; Acts 2:38; Acts 5:32; 10:44; 11:14; 19:2). They hear the truth and want to be reconciled to God so much so that they get forceful about it. They do not give up, give out, or give in. They stop doubting. They submit to God. They resist the devil (Matt 11:12; Luke 8:4-15; 11:7-8; 16:16; John 14:9; 20:27; James 4:7). They get Jesus’ teachings and they practice doing everything he says. (Luke 8:21; Luke 11:28; John 13:17; 15:14; Matthew 7:24; James 1:22.) They called out to the Lord to save them (Romans 10:13). They live on every word of God (Matt 4:4; 2 Pet 1:5; 3:18). They trust God and are perfected in his love (Psalm 118:6; Proverbs 3:5; Jeremiah 17:7; 1 John 4:12; 4:18; Romans 5:5; 8:15; 10:11). They overcome this world by faith in Jesus (Gene 32:28; 1 John 5:5; Revelation 21:7).

He is your praise, He is your God (Deut 10:21). God wants all to turn to Him; He wants all saved. God wants men to seek Him, and He is not far from each one of us (Acts 17:27; 2 Pet 3:9; John 3:17; Ezek 18:23; 1 Tim 2:3, 4; 4:10; Titus 2:11; 1 John 2:2). The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!” And let him who hears say, "Come!” Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life (Revelation 22:17).

Danoh

Jesus never stated that it is only His obedience and righteousness that saves.
Jesus was granted all judgment by the Father because of His obedience and righteousness, and now He has the power to save those whom He chooses to save.

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

"...by faith that is IN me."

Meaning?

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The faith OF the Son of God.

Hunh?

When HE loved me - when HE gave Himself FOR me.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Saved by HIS life.

By WHOM we have NOW received The At -one - ment WITH God.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

By insisting on adding your works to His FINISHED work, you and your kind are unwittingly denying His Resurrection.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 - Either you are still lost and confused, or...

2 - You once had this issue right, and are therefore still saved, but ended up confused.

If the latter of those two is the case with you, well then, the following is to you, for you, and about you...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

In memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

"...by faith that is IN me."

Meaning?

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The faith OF the Son of God.

Hunh?

When HE loved me - when HE gave Himself FOR me.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Saved by HIS life.

By WHOM we have NOW received The At -one - ment WITH God.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

By insisting on adding your works to His FINISHED work, you and your kind are unwittingly denying His Resurrection.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

2 - You once had this issue right, and are therefore still saved, but ended up confused.

If the latter of those two is the case with you, well then, the following is to you, for you, and about you...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

In memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

You are scattered all over the place.

Let's start with the last passage you posted, scriptures from Galatians 3:1-6.

Do you really think that Paul is calling the Galatians 'foolish' for obeying Jesus?

No.

Paul is calling them foolish for trying to be purified, made righteous, cleaned...by doing the old purification/ceremonial works. THOSE are the works Paul was speaking about when he said 'not of by works'.

The Galatians were talked into observing special days and getting circumcised in the flesh. That is what they were doing that was wrong, those are the works that no longer saved.

Jesus' blood purifies us now, just by believing it does.

That does not mean we don't have to obey Jesus, it means we don't have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

genuineoriginal

You don't seem to have any idea that there is work that Jesus has FINISHED, there is work Jesus is still doing, and work Jesus will begin sometime in the futute.

Did Jesus finish the task of dying on the cross?
YES.
For completing that task Jesus was granted the power and authority to judge us to see whether we are worthy of being granted eternal life.

Did Jesus finish the task of choosing who will be granted eternal life?
No, that is an ongoing task that will only be finished when He returns.

Am I trying to add my works to the works of Jesus?
No, Jesus is not judging me on His works, He is judging me on my works and my heart.

Does what I believe and what I do affect my chances for being granted eternal life?
Of course it does, just as it tells us it is in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

genuineoriginal

My obedience and righteousness has nothing to do with God's decision to grant Jesus the power to give eternal life to whomsoever He chooses to grant it to.
Oh yes it does. Straighten it out in your heart and mind, it matters to Jesus what you do and think.
You should stop and read more carefully before you respond.

God's decision to grant Jesus the power was based solely on what Jesus did.
My obedience and righteousness had nothing to do with that decision.

Yes, it matters to Jesus what I do and think, but my obedience and righteousness only affects what Jesus does with that power in regards to my eternal life.

Don't you see that you are given mixed messages? You just went from post to post saying it doesn't matter what we do, but then you in the end say it matters.
My statements were very clear.

What God decided to do with Jesus had everything to do with what Jesus did and nothing to do with what I do.
What Jesus decides to do with me has everything to do with what I do.

genuineoriginal

Oh no, no, no, you are giving mixed messages.

It matters what we do and we can compel Jesus by what we do.
We cannot compel Jesus by what we do.
He is sovereign and the decision is solely up to Him.
We can influence His decision by what we do, but we can never compel Him.

glorydaz

"Frustrated with being unable to pry her relatives from the arms of grace, she lashes out at those she supposes are responsible..." Or at least that's the way it appears.

It's a shame when a loved one comes in need of compassion, and a hearing ear, and all they get is, "You need to repent of your sins and obey."

It reminds me of Job's friends. Holier than thou.

Reactions: Lon

God's Truth

It's a shame when a loved one comes in need of compassion, and a hearing ear, and all they get is, "You need to repent of your sins and obey."

It reminds me of Job's friends. Holier than thou.

You have an active imagination, Lon too.

The teachings you two give are against obeying to get saved and you both will be held responsible with all those who preach what you preach.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not likely.

You've gotta better shot at earning ten bucks from amr than my comin' in for a haircut.
maxresdefault.jpg