The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why Congress just killed a rule restricting coal companies from dumping waste in streams

With everything that Republicans want to do — repeal Obamacare, overhaul the tax code — it might seem odd that one of Congress’ very first acts would be to kill an obscure Obama-era regulation that restricts coal companies from dumping mining waste into streams and waterways.

But that is indeed what’s going on. On Thursday, the Senate voted 54-45 to repeal the so-called “stream protection rule” — using a regulation-killing tool known as the Congressional Review Act. The House took a similar vote yesterday, and if President Trump agrees, the stream protection rule will be dead. Coal companies will now have a freer hand in dumping mining debris in streams.

Killing this regulation won’t really help Trump fulfill his goal of reversing the coal industry’s decline; that decline has more to do with cheap natural gas than anything else. Instead, Republicans are mostly focusing on this rule because they can. Because the stream protection rule wasn’t finished until very late in 2016, it’s much, much easier to kill than most of the other Obama-era rules around coal pollution. It was an easy target, so long as the GOP acted fast.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Check out this link:

http://trump.kimalbrecht.com/network/

3067700-inline-i-1-visualizing-the-web-of-trumps-business-connections.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
With everything that Republicans want to do — repeal Obamacare, overhaul the tax code — it might seem odd that one of Congress’ very first acts would be to kill an obscure Obama-era regulation that restricts coal companies from dumping mining waste into streams and waterways.

No it isn't- there's things that take time and maneuvering, and there's things that can quickly and easily be done away with- that is one of those things.

Making things up as you go, that's the liberal way :rolleyes:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
HT-TrumpFlag-jrl-170201_12x5_1600.jpg

LOUISVILLE — It's official: The military convoy seen flying a Trump flag in Louisville on Sunday belonged to a Navy Special Warfare unit, and the flag was "unauthorized," a Navy spokeswoman said.

Lt. Jacqui Maxwell of the Naval Special Warfare Group 2 in Virginia Beach, Va., said a command inquiry is underway.
“Yes, it was inappropriate,” Maxwell said. “It was unauthorized.”
She said she did not know the potential penalties for the violation.
Military regulations say personnel should avoid implying Department of Defense sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump: We’re Gutting Dodd-Frank Because My Friends Can’t Get Loans

“We have some of the bankers here. There’s nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than Jamie, so you’re going to tell me about it,” Trump said, referring to Jamie Dimon, the JPMorgan Chase CEO and leader of Trump's business roundtable.

“We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank, because frankly I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses and they can’t borrow money,” he continued. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank. So we'll be talking about that in terms of the banking industry.”

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
HT-TrumpFlag-jrl-170201_12x5_1600.jpg

LOUISVILLE — It's official: The military convoy seen flying a Trump flag in Louisville on Sunday belonged to a Navy Special Warfare unit, and the flag was "unauthorized," a Navy spokeswoman said.

Lt. Jacqui Maxwell of the Naval Special Warfare Group 2 in Virginia Beach, Va., said a command inquiry is underway.
She said she did not know the potential penalties for the violation.
Military regulations say personnel should avoid implying Department of Defense sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

isn't trump the CIC?

Isn't it clear from the text above your question that it was "inappropriate" and "unauthorized," and why?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Maybe you should join in the command inquiry and put in your two cents? I'm sure they'd appreciate your visit.

you posted it

i'm interested in seeing your defense of it

but i watched you perform this dance with fool yesterday, so i don't expect you can or will

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
World Leaders Receive Crank Calls from Someone Claiming to Be President of United States

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a spate of annoying telephone pranks that has lasted nearly two weeks, heads of state from around the world have been receiving crank calls from someone claiming to be the President of the United States, the United Nations reported on Thursday.

According to the U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres, who has fielded complaints about the crank calls, the caller has tormented leaders from Mexico, Australia, and many other countries.

“The pattern is always the same,” Gutteres said. “The caller is identified as the President of the United States, so naturally he is put right through. Once he is connected with the head of state, he begins to speak in a threatening and harassing manner.”

“Then, as his threats reach a crescendo, he hangs up,” Gutteres said. “Clearly, it’s someone’s idea of a sick joke.”

The Australian Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, became a victim of the crank caller over the weekend, an experience that he called “highly irritating.”

“I’m a very busy man, and I don’t have time to be the butt of some deranged person’s joke,” Turnbull said. “I’ve blocked the phone number, and I understand other heads of state have done the same.”

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Defend what?

the article's claim that it was "inappropriate" and "unauthorized" despite the fact that it was not an implied sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

do you even bother reading these, or do you just do a Google search on "bad stuff about trump today" and merrily cut and paste away?

and if you do, do you whistle or hum while you're doing it?

'cause that's how i picture you :)

ClimateSanity

She is attempting to relieve her own existential misery by posting things she is sure will somehow denigrate trump and if possible his supporters.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
the article's claim that it was "inappropriate" and "unauthorized" despite the fact that it was not an implied sponsorship or endorsement of any “political candidate, campaign or cause.”

It wasn't "the article's claim," those were the words of the military spokesperson.

do you even bother reading these, or do you just do a Google search on "bad stuff about trump today" and merrily cut and paste away?

and if you do, do you whistle or hum while you're doing it?

'cause that's how i picture you :)

I'm really bad at whistling and I rarely hum.

I'm sitting here with textbooks and homework and procrastinating with a New Yorker magazine that has a really interesting article about rich preppers that I'll get around to posting at some point because it raises some interesting questions (as well as flipping the standard stereotype of preppers on its head).

I read a lot, and I post a fraction of what I read, and if I've posted it, I've read it.

Back to the article: They should be flying the flag of the United States and/or whatever state and military flags are allowed. Flying a campaign flag for Trump is inappropriate, and I hope that's what the inquiry will reflect.

And having a cup of coffee. And I spent the morning housecleaning. (Although I have to admit it's a pretty small apartment and I procrastinated with that too.) Any other existential concerns?

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So that's you saying that in the eight years of his presidency you can't recall it ever happening and your responding? I was just wondering.

Let's look at the preeminent conservative magazine for a bit of illumination on mature treatment:
View attachment 25248 View attachment 25249 View attachment 25250 View attachment 25251 View attachment 25255

Just a few and he's the actual president then, not a cabinet appointee. I'm sure they mostly passed on the lower down the totem pole sort...

View attachment 25252 View attachment 25253 View attachment 25254

Well, I'm sure they were as juvenile and hard on their own.

View attachment 25256

Or maybe not. :plain:

Im sorry, which one of those is a retouched actual pic of obama, made to look horrifying, those look like cartoons to me, clearly cartoons.

Not an attempt to make an actual pic look shameful. You know it too, how deceitful you are and as shameful as the ones who produced that pic on time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A new Quinnipiac poll released last week shows more American voters support President Trump's executive order to temporarily suspend immigration from several Middle Eastern and North African countries.

By a margin of 48 percent to 42 percent, voters supported "suspending immigration from terror prone regions, even if it means turning away refugees."

Something doesn't quite match here.

TH must be quoting those same loser pollsters who said hillary would win by a landslide, they are still trying to influence the gullible with lies.

drbrumley

Trump: We’re Gutting Dodd-Frank Because My Friends Can’t Get Loans

“We have some of the bankers here. There’s nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than Jamie, so you’re going to tell me about it,” Trump said, referring to Jamie Dimon, the JPMorgan Chase CEO and leader of Trump's business roundtable.

“We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank, because frankly I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses and they can’t borrow money,” he continued. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank. So we'll be talking about that in terms of the banking industry.”

Gotta agree with peter schiff on this

While this is good news, it sets the stage for the left to blame the next financial crisis on deregulation.