The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yes. Very.

I recognize that many innocent people are killed as a result of our CURRENT legal system, which all but guarantees that innocents will be harmed or killed.

Which is why I want to get rid of the current legal system and implement one that does not have (or at the very least, minimizes the risk of) innocents being caught up in it, let alone harm or kill them.

You, for example, want to speed up executions after convictions, which would, as you now see, increase the number of innocent people killed by the state.

This "let 10 guilty go free" is absolutely wicked,

No, it's the Christian way. Killing the innocent in order to kill the evil is intrinsically evil and an affront to God. You cannot do good by doing evil. If you learn nothing else from Jesus, learn that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This coming from someone who would rather have "low" recidivism rates than 0% recidivism rate.

If you have to make up a story about what I think, it's probably a hint that you got things wrong. I'm pointing out that killing murderers is counterproductive, leading to more innocent people being killed.

So you're calling God a liar?

Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear. - Deuteronomy 21:21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy21:21&version=NKJV

If the nation fears death, criminals will not commit crimes for fear of being put to death.

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. - Romans 13:3-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans13:3-4&version=NKJV

It's JUST AS WRONG to put an innocent to death as it is to let a guilty person go free.

It's much worse. Blackstone's forumulation, a basic principal of British and American jurisprudence:

In criminal law, Blackstone's formulation (also known as Blackstone's ratio or the Blackstone ratio) is the principle that:

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer",

...as expressed by the English jurist William Blackstone in his seminal work, Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in the 1760s.

Historically, the details of the ratio have varied, but the message that government and the courts must err on the side of innocence has remained constant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone's_formulation

No, they're both equally evil. God condemns both the same, because both profane Him.

And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies?” - Ezekiel 13:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel13:19&version=NKJV

Barbarian, citing over a hundred people condemned to death, who happened to be cleared before they were killed:

As I have said before, that is a RESULT of our current system.

If we replace the current system with one that is good and righteous, then that RESULT will not be present.

But the state often condemns the innocent to death. Which doesn't bother you.

Yes, it bothers us enough to want to do something about it, such as replacing our current system.

Of course it bothers us.

But not enough to stop it, it seems.

Because we have a republic form of government, where no progress can be made towards good because the majority is evil.

I don't understand people who are so eager to kill that they would kill innocent people in order to execute murderers.

I don't understand them either.

And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies?” - Ezekiel 13:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel13:19&version=NKJV

Every state with a death penalty has ended up sentencing innocent people to death.

Again, a result of the system we have, not the punishment itself. God's judgments are just.

He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He. - Deuteronomy 32:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy32:4&version=NKJV

And we only know about the relatively few, who managed to play the appeals process long enough for someone to get evidence showing them to be innocent. How many others were wrongly killed by the state is unknown.

:idunno:

All I know is...

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV

That's why we want the death penalty, so that the number of total people going through the system drops,

Killing to stop killing seems to be a rather self-defeating process. As you see, states that kill murderers end up with higher murder rates.

And this is why I said:

"This coming from someone who would rather have "low" recidivism rates than 0% recidivism rate."

If you rightly kill a murderer, he cannot commit any more crimes. That inherently reduces crime. Less crime means more resources can be devoted to other crimes, which leads to more criminals being caught, and less innocent people caught up, which leads to more punishments for other criminals, etc, ad nauseum.

However, if you don't kill a murderer, he will most likely go on to kill again. Which results in more crime.... You get the idea (I hope).

so that there is less chance of an innocent person being condemned for something he didn't do.

This comes from a person who would rather have low rates of innocent people killed by the state than a rate of 0%.

Incorrect. I would rather have ZERO innocent people killed, though I recognize that no system is perfect, because man is not perfect, and men are inherently part of any justice system, but that God's system is better than any man's, and if we do what God says to do, instead of what man wants to do to to "one-up" God.

Remember what I said about jury trials and no responsibility of judges?

Those two things alone (let alone the countless other reasons) make our current system so inefficient that the people groan.

It's JUST AS WRONG to put an innocent to death as it is to let a guilty person go free.

No, it's much, much worse. It means the state kills innocent people.

No, Barbarian. Putting innocent people to death is a result of a bad justice system, not a result of a respect for God's laws or His statement...

See, the problem with that claim, that "the state often condemns the innocent to death" is a symptom of a high crime rate,

Violent crime is near historic lows in America. C'mon.

You apparently haven't been paying attention to the news lately, nor do you look far back enough.

Since 1960, the lowest rate for "violent crime" (per 100k people) was in 1961, at a rate of 158.1.

The lowest violent crime rate recently was in 2014, but it was MUCH higher than it was in '61, at 361.1. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States)

So no, violent crime is NOT near historic lows in America.

And I haven't even looked earlier than 1960...

jury trials (justice by committee),

North Korea sure doesn't have the problem. I don't think you'd like the way it works.

North Korea is a nation who imprisons it's citizens. And you're attempting to compare it to America?

no responsibility on the part of the judges, etc.

. . .

If judges would actually judge, and take responsibility for their judgments, they wouldn't make as many mistakes in their judgments.

God guarantees that if you have a death penalty (and a properly implemented one, at that) for capital crimes, the people will respect the law and government, and not act presumptuously.

But you can't show us where He said it? I think I know why.

I did show you. The three passages below say it almost explicitly.

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV

Nothing there says anything about killing a criminal.

No, but it does speak about punishing criminals swiftly, and that because a nation does not, men are not deterred from committing crime.

Now the man who acts presumptuously and will not heed the priest who stands to minister there before the Lord your God, or the judge, that man shall die. So you shall put away the evil from Israel.And all the people shall hear and fear, and no longer act presumptuously. - Deuteronomy 17:12-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy17:12-13&version=NKJV

Nor does that.

Yeah, it does.

The man who acts presumptuously and will not heed the authority (who is God's minister), He should be put to death, because he doesn't respect the authorities. By putting him to death, the people will fear (the healthy kind) the government, and they won't act presumptuously.

I watched a video about a year ago of a woman who had committed some crime (I don't remember the details), and when she was brought before the judge, she openly mocked the judge. That sort of thing should not happen. And yet, because we don't have the death penalty appropriately implemented, things like that are COMMON.

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. - Romans 13:1-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans13:1-7&version=NKJV

Nor does that. If you have to add to scripture to make your point, that's an important clue.

First of all, please show me what I have added to scripture. Otherwise, drop the false accusation.

Second, This passage is Paul affirming the authority of the government to execute criminals, and that only criminals fear a good government, but the innocent fear a bad one.

In our current system, the innocent fear being caught up in the system that is supposed to protect them.

Did you notice that Paul says "for he (the government) does not bear the sword in vain"? A sword isn't used for beating. It's used for killing.

Killing who? Criminals who have committed crimes worthy of death.

Funnily enough, imposing the death penalty for murderers has a 0% recidivism rate.

Executing an innocent man also makes sure he never commits a crime.

It's also a result of our current system.

God's system seeks to eliminate such occurrences, so we should implement HIS system, and remove ours.

Killing innocent people who belong to groups that have a statistical indication of violence would work even better. You sure you want to make that argument?

Do not do evil, that good may come.

And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just. - Romans 3:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:8&version=NKJV

Not one of them will ever murder again if they are put to death for their crimes.

. . .

You can't get around this, can you?

If a murderer is executed justly, then he will not murder more, but instead awaits God's judgment.

I'll take the 0% recidivism rate over your "low" recidivism rate.

At the cost of higher murder rates and the killing of innocent people. How many innocent people would you be willing to have the state execute in order to kill murderers?

A percentage would be sufficient. How many?

0% innocent wrongly executed.
0% guilty wrongly let go.

God's system strives towards this. Our current system does not.

Again, the reason that the number of innocents being put through the system is so high is that it is a result of having no death penalty, among other things. If you have a death penalty that is swiftly executed, and not like it is today,

If that were the case, most of those hundred or so people wrongly condemned to death, would be dead today. Is that what you would prefer? They were ultimately exonerated only because of the lengthy appeals process. And you'd take that away from them, dooming them.

If my statement were the case, then we wouldn't have the innocent being caught up in the system in the first place, and the government wouldn't have to deal with the level of crime we have today. And EVEN IF an innocent person was caught in the system, the judge would not make a hasty decision, because he would not be pressured by the overwhelming number of cases on the docket that day, because they wouldn't exist. Those hundred or so people in your example would not have been convicted wrongly in the first place, because if they had been, and then later it had been found out that the judge convicted them wrongly, the judge would be held accountable. With our current system, there's no punishment for handing down a sentence to the wrong person, because the judge just points at the jury, which no longer exists as the members have already faded into the faceless crowd.

people will not act presumptuously, and crime rates will plummet.

The data show a different result. In the 1800s, when appeals were very short, or nonexistent, there were far more murderers. Would you like me to show you that?

Actually, if you could provide me (us?) with a link to the violent crime rates since 1776 to 1950 or '60, that would be helpful. I can't seem to find anything on that. Even by decade would help.

Therefore less crime, and therefore fewer people going through the system, and therefore less chance of an innocent person being caught up in it.

. . .

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think the trail of Jesus would be sufficient to highlight the problem with swift execution is sure justice argument.

Quite the opposite.

Pilate was going to acquit Jesus, in whom he found no fault, even though he was a wicked ruler. He had a reputation to uphold, and being an unjust ruler would hurt his reputation.

It was when he asked the crowd if he should (rightly) let Jesus go that he made the wrong judgment.

Even a wicked judge would rather uphold his reputation than pass down judgment on an innocent person. A jury has no such inhibition, because once judgment is complete, even if wicked, the members fade into the faceless crowd.

Humanity is imperfect. No justice system run by man will be perfect.

Which is why it's important to listen to what God says on the matter, which is that punishing criminals appropriately will result in the least amount of crime.

Innocents will always be caught up in those systems either by error, incompetence, or malice.

And in our current system, there's no accountability for such.

In God's, the judge responsible for a sentence is held accountable for any and all judgments he makes, and is punished for bad judgments when he could have appealed to a higher judge to take the case.

The only advantage to a system using a swift death penalty is the mistake gets buried literally before you have a chance to correct it.

Not so. Again, with the system God came up with, the judge who gives the wrong punishment or condemns the wrong person is held accountable, which in and of itself is a deterrent to the judges so they work harder to provide the correct judgment and condemn the one responsible for a crime, and not an innocent person.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You, for example, want to speed up executions after convictions, which would, as you now see, increase the number of innocent people killed by the state.

What I want is for the justice system to be a deterrent to criminals. As it stands now, it is nothing of the sort, which, again, results in more innocent people being caught up in it.

No, it's the Christian way.

No, that's Blackstone's way. And he was, if anything, a lawyer.

God's way is that you punish the guilty and protect the innocent.

Killing the innocent in order to kill the evil is intrinsically evil and an affront to God.

WE AGREE! Barb, can I ask you to stop making this point. We agree on it. It is evil to kill the innocent in order to kill the guilty.

You cannot do good by doing evil. If you learn nothing else from Jesus, learn that.

Barb, we agree on this. It's wrong to put an innocent man to death.

But that doesn't mean we let a criminal go free just because we're scared we'll punish the innocent. No, God also (in addition to saying it's wrong to kill the innocent for a crime they didn't commit) says that it is wrong to "keep people alive who should not live."

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the trail of Jesus would be sufficient to highlight the problem with swift execution is sure justice argument. Humanity is imperfect. No justice system run by man will be perfect. Innocents will always be caught up in those systems either by error, incompetence, or malice. The only advantage to a system using a swift death penalty is the mistake gets buried literally before you have a chance to correct it.

And yet, God endorses the DP. :idunno:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

What I want is for the justice system to be a deterrent to criminals.

And yet you advocate a system that would have the state kill more innocent people, and cause more murders.

(Regarding the idea that protecting the innocent is more important than punishing the guilty)

It's the Christian way.

It's what Jesus taught. He frequently ignored the sins and crimes of people and instead focused on their souls. But His anger at harming the innocent was real and from His heart.

You have it backwards. First protect the innocent. Then tend to the guilty.

WE AGREE! Barb, can I ask you to stop making this point. We agree on it. It is evil to kill the innocent in order to kill the guilty.

And yet you advocate policies that would kill more innocent people. As you know, the practice of state killing of prisoners leads to more murders in the state. And the rapid execution of convicted people would have killed over a hundred innocent people in the United States. If you had your way, those innocent people would be dead.

But that doesn't mean we let a criminal go free just because we're scared we'll punish the innocent.

It means we can kill murderers when we have certainty that we aren't condemning innocent people. So far, no one's been able to do that. A great Christian once wrote:

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.

That is the Christian way.

Arthur Brain

What I want is for the justice system to be a deterrent to criminals. As it stands now, it is nothing of the sort, which, again, results in more innocent people being caught up in it.

No, that's Blackstone's way. And he was, if anything, a lawyer.

Barb, we agree on this. It's wrong to put an innocent man to death.

But that doesn't mean we let a criminal go free just because we're scared we'll punish the innocent. No, God also (in addition to saying it's wrong to kill the innocent for a crime they didn't commit) says that it is wrong to "keep people alive who should not live."

If it's evil to kill the innocent then your proposition would not only do just that, it would add to the numbers of innocent people convicted and executed. You would do away with appeals procedures that have contributed to innocent people being exonerated. Unless you have a system where the DP is only carried out where proof of guilt is absolutely 100% then any other will result in wrongful convictions and executions. That's simply inevitable.

So, unless you agree that guilt has to be proven where there is no doubt remaining then you're supporting a system that would put innocent people to death. It really is as simple as that.

Arthur Brain

Darwinists react to what they wish you'd say, rather than what you actually say.

And they never provide anything that contributes to the conversation.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Man, you could cut the irony with a chainsaw...

:rain:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Barbarian observes:

And yet you advocate a system that would have the state kill more innocent people, and cause more murders.

No, it wouldn't. Please don't use statistics that come from your preferred system as an argument against a system fundamentally different than yours.

That's what I've been telling you all along. Your preferred system inherently has innocent people getting caught up in it. So does mine. So we look at which system has FEWER innocent people inherently getting caught up. Going on those numbers alone, mine still comes out on top.

(Regarding the idea that protecting the innocent is more important than punishing the guilty)

It's the Christian way.

It's what Jesus taught. He frequently ignored the sins and crimes of people and instead focused on their souls. But His anger at harming the innocent was real and from His heart.

I agree. But NOT ONCE did He advocate that criminals should be let go.

You have it backwards. First protect the innocent. Then tend to the guilty.

No, God says put the people who deserve to die to death, and let the innocent live.

If a judge is not capable of deciding such, then why is he a judge in the first place?

And yet you advocate policies that would kill more innocent people.

No, I don't. See the numbers above.

As you know, the practice of state killing of prisoners leads to more murders in the state.

Then those murderers should have been put to death, until there are no more murderers left, instead of giving up halfway and letting the remaining murderers go free.

Do you see the problem? Your system gave up on "justice" a long time ago. That's why we say, "It's no longer a justice system, now it's just a system." Any justice that occurs is a random event in a mindless system.

And the rapid execution of convicted people would have killed over a hundred innocent people in the United States. If you had your way, those innocent people would be dead.

If I had my way, those innocent people wouldn't have even been involved in the system, let alone put to death.

It means we can kill murderers when we have certainty that we aren't condemning innocent people. So far, no one's been able to do that. A great Christian once wrote:

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.

That is the Christian way.

Great by who's standards? Yours?

Yes, it's a tragedy when an innocent person is wrongfully punished. At least with my system, aside from the other benefits, the person who wrongfully convicts someone is held accountable for the conviction.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If it's evil to kill the innocent

It is.

then your proposition would not only do just that,

In the current system, the number of innocent people going through the system is far higher than it would be using God's system (the one I advocate).

it would add to the numbers of innocent people convicted and executed.

No, it wouldn't. If a judge feels like he is incapable of handling a case, or doesn't have the authority to do so (such as a case that involves more people than he has authority over), then he should appeal the case to a judge above him.

You would do away with appeals procedures that have contributed to innocent people being exonerated.

And in the process put the responsibility of making the right judgment (because that's what judges are for) back on the judges, where it belongs, which also puts accountability back on the judges. Even Pilate, a wicked man, would have let Jesus go because He was innocent. But the crowd (the jury) wanted Him dead.

If the military buys a toilet seat, there's an accountability list a mile long (obviously I'm exaggerating). But if a judge makes a bad decision in court (in our current system)... Oh well, too bad, that's the way the system works...

That's not a justice system. That's just a system.

Unless you have a system where the DP is only carried out where proof of guilt is absolutely 100% then any other will result in wrongful convictions and executions. That's simply inevitable.

No one is perfect, but that's no excuse for a judge. A good judge can look at all the evidence presented (without the need for a lawyer or attorney) and make the right decision.

A jury can be swayed by lawyers and then if they wrongfully convict someone, no blame is put on them or anyone.

Accountability tends to make one mindful of bad judgments.

So, unless you agree that guilt has to be proven where there is no doubt remaining then you're supporting a system that would put innocent people to death. It really is as simple as that.

"Beyond reasonable doubt" is not a good standard, because any smart criminal can cover up his crime.

God's standard is two or three witnesses (not eyewitnesses). "Two or three" because He expects the one judging to weigh the evidence.

Arthur Brain

I agree, which is why I don't support any propositions where such would happen, as with what you propose.

In the current system, the number of innocent people going through the system is far higher than it would be using God's system (the one I advocate).

That's just a soundbite with nothing in support.

No, it wouldn't. If a judge feels like he is incapable of handling a case, or doesn't have the authority to do so (such as a case that involves more people than he has authority over), then he should appeal the case to a judge above him.

This is just waffle. What if the "judge above him" isn't sufficiently able to handle the case or the one above him? Your proposed "system" would be rife with problems.

And in the process put the responsibility of making the right judgment (because that's what judges are for) back on the judges, where it belongs, which also puts accountability back on the judges. Even Pilate, a wicked man, would have let Jesus go because He was innocent. But the crowd (the jury) wanted Him dead.

If the military buys a toilet seat, there's an accountability list a mile long (obviously I'm exaggerating). But if a judge makes a bad decision in court (in our current system)... Oh well, too bad, that's the way the system works...

That's not a justice system. That's just a system.

Your "system" would be a nightmare. A judge is human and even with the best intent and study of the evidence, there'd be a plethora of mistakes, not to mention the stress you're placing on people to try and come to the right decision where someone's life hangs in the balance. There would be inevitable errors in judgement.

No one is perfect, but that's no excuse for a judge. A good judge can look at all the evidence presented (without the need for a lawyer or attorney) and make the right decision.

:doh:

A good judge can do all of that and still make the wrong decision, especially in more convoluted cases. You are childishly simplistic where it comes to this.

A jury can be swayed by lawyers and then if they wrongfully convict someone, no blame is put on them or anyone.

Accountability tends to make one mindful of bad judgments.

Stress can lead to oversights and errors in judgement, no matter how unintended. Your "system" would only increase the amount of mistakes.

"Beyond reasonable doubt" is not a good standard, because any smart criminal can cover up his crime.

God's standard is two or three witnesses (not eyewitnesses). "Two or three" because He expects the one judging to weigh the evidence.

Unless you agree that the DP should only be carried out where 100% proof of guilt has been ascertained then you're supporting a system where innocent people would be wrongfully convicted and executed, which you admit is evil. Your system wouldn't eradicate the possibility of that at all.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No, it wouldn't. Please don't use statistics that come from your preferred system as an argument against a system fundamentally different than yours.

The data show that killing murderers is followed by more killings. If the state holds human life cheaply, the population goes along with it.

That's what I've been telling you all along. Your preferred system inherently has innocent people getting caught up in it. So does mine.

As you see, states without a death penalty tend to have fewer of those. And they have zero innocent people condemned to death, which is a much greater wrong than a guilty person escaping punishment.

So a system that does not kill murderers has FEWER innocent people inherently getting caught up. If the state does not kill murderers, we have fewer innocent people dying for both reasons.

I agree. But NOT ONCE did He advocate that criminals should be let go.

"Let him who is without sin first throw a stone."

He shamed a crowd seeking vengeance into abandoning the death penalty for an adulterous woman.

No, God says put the people who deserve to die to death

See above. When did Jesus advocate having the state kill people?

If a judge is not capable of deciding such, then why is he a judge in the first place?

In general, justice is well-served if it's laid on a jury of one's peers. There's a good reason places like North Korea don't use juries.

And yet you advocate killing more innocent people.

No, I don't.

You do. Not only would the imposition of death penalty in all states increase the murder rate, the imposition of a rapid execution would have killed all those innocent people who were wrongly condemned. Your way means more innocent people die.

Then those murderers should have been put to death, until there are no more murderers left, instead of giving up halfway and letting the remaining murderers go free.

Do you see the problem?

Yes. Some people are more concerned with killing wrongdoers than in protecting the innocen.

Your system gave up on "justice" a long time ago.

Mine still assumes innocence until proven guilty. Still sends convicted criminals to prison. It works. Better than anything anyone else has come up with. Sorry about your system.

If I had my way, those innocent people wouldn't have even been involved in the system, let alone put to death.

If you had your way, they'd be dead. Rapid executions would have killed them all before they could prove their innocence.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The data show that killing murderers is followed by more killings. If the state holds human life cheaply, the population goes along with it.
You pasted a graph with no source and no details. As shown, the trend you see in the graph has no relationship with the reality of executions. Your quote is utterly unjustified.

States without a death penalty tend to have fewer of those.
There are about 30 executions pet year. There is no way those are having the effect you declare.

He shamed a crowd seeking vengeance into abandoning the death penalty for an adulterous woman.
And yet, God established the death penalty.

When did Jesus advocate having the state kill people?
"But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me."
Luke 19:27 NKJV

In general, justice is well-served if it's laid on a jury of one's peers.
:darwinsm:

You advocate killing innocent people.

You do.

As we've seen, your sourceless graph is hopelessly inadequate.

Some people are more concerned with protecting murderers than protecting innocent people.

Arthur Brain

You pasted a graph with no source and no details. As shown, the trend you see in the graph has no relationship with the reality of executions. Your quote is utterly unjustified.

There are about 30 executions pet year. There is no way those are having the effect you declare.

"But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me."

:darwinsm:

You advocate killing innocent people.

You do.

Some people are more concerned with protecting murderers than protecting innocent people.

The only folk advocating killing innocent people are ones like you who'd have a DP in effect within a completely untenable system where those not guilty would be swept within it and just as swiftly put to death.

You almost make irony look like an art form.

:dunce:

Jerry Shugart

I will follow what the LORD said about this subject:

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man"
(Gen.9:6).​

Should we just ignore what the LORD said, The Barbarian?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I will follow what the LORD said about this subject:

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man"
(Gen.9:6).​

Should we just ignore what the LORD said, The Barbarian?

Or, "And Jesus said (to the woman who He knew to be guilty and who's life was then forfeit under the law)
"Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

(Stipe continues his obsession with the Barbarian)
You pasted a graph with no source and no details.

You want to see the facts again? Sure...

Fact Sheet Upcoming Executions Execution Database State-by-State
Deterrence: States Without the Death Penalty Have Had Consistently Lower Murder Rates
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterr...alty-have-had-consistently-lower-murder-rates

The murder rate in non-Death Penalty states has remained consistently lower than the rate in States with the Death Penalty.
DPvNonDPStates.jpg

https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/d...nalty-facts/the-death-penalty-and-deterrence/

Doing the same thing over again, won't change what happens,Stipe.

Denial won't do you much good, Stipe. There it is. Like it or hate it, that's the reality. By advocating the death penalty, you're calling for the deaths of more innocent people.

Jesus halted an execution, by shaming the mob eager to kill. Show me where Jesus told anyone to kill anyone.

As you know, there are over a hundred innocent people who were falsely condemned and who manged to use the appeals system long enough for someone to clear them. They were the lucky ones. We have no idea how many others weren't so lucky. You advocate killing innocent people. You do.

When did Jesus advocate having the state kill people?

(Stipe demonstrates his lack of reading comprehension)
But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.

As you know, Jesus didn't give that order. He was quoting an unnamed king who did. If you were more literate, you would have figured it out from the text.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+19&version=NIV

You should avoid misrepresenting Scripture, even if it's out of ignorance. You don't care what scripture says, but it matters.

Did you really think I wouldn't just show you again, Stipe? You aren't very smart, sometimes.

Some people are more concerned with killing murderers than protecting innocent people. Your lust for vengeance killings overwhelms your sense of justice.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't know the law.
You're having enough trouble evidencing what you know. You should probably stick to that.

She wasn't convicted under it.
Only if you think the law was made for lawyers. Her actions convicted her. Christ being God knew her to be guilty.

Did he lecture the accusers on how to go about securing her judgment and righteous execution the right way? No. No, he didn't.

Nice signature line, by the way. :chuckle: That's healthy.