The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:
It's a pity he doesn't think.
The data show that killing murderers is followed by more killings. If the state holds human life cheaply, the population goes along with it.
Nope. As you learned. You got fooled.

You want to see the facts again?
Finally, the shame of posting the work of others uncredited has caught up with you.

Barbarian should observe that the question I asked was obvious in his source (although he didn't care enough about them to share credit), which I used in my reply to him.

Thirty-one. That's the number I gave. And it looks like that's the number they use. So my criticism is founded. On that very site — the same one I linked to — it shows that not 31 states execute people. In fact, it is only about 10 most years. Furthermore, places like California with massive populations and above average murder rates had no executions.

If you want your stupid quote to be backed up by the data, take the states that actually executed people and compare them with states that didn't.

Warning: You'll find your agenda gets in the way.

Fact Sheet Upcoming Executions Execution Database State-by-State
Deterrence: States Without the Death Penalty Have Had Consistently Lower Murder Rates
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterr...alty-have-had-consistently-lower-murder-rates
Shame will always get the better of a man.

Doing the same thing over again, won't change what happens, Barbarian.

Denial won't do you much good, Barbarian. There it is. Like it or hate it, that's the reality.

Jesus halted an execution, by shaming the mob eager to kill.
Your modern revision doesn't count.

Show me where Jesus told anyone to kill anyone.
And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If anyone has an ear, let him hear. He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Revelation 13:5-‬10 NKJV​

You advocate killing innocent people. You do.

Did you really think I wouldn't just show you again, Barbarian? You aren't very smart.

Some people are more concerned with protecting murderers than protecting innocent people.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're having enough trouble evidencing what you know. You should probably stick to that.
You mean like providing Blablabla's sources before he does? You think that's difficult?

Only if you think the law was made for lawyers.
You don't know what the law is for and you don't know what the law is.

Quote the law. It did not convict her.

Her actions are irrelevant. Quote the law, read the charges brought against her.

Christ being God knew her to be guilty.
Me, not being God, can read the law, read the charges and see she should not have been executed.

Why can't you?

Did he lecture the accusers on how to go about securing her judgment and righteous execution the right way? No. No, he didn't.
This is an argument from silence. An irrational response.

everready

A SHORT LIST OF MURDERERS RELEASED TO MURDER AGAIN

This is just a short list I compiled when I set out to find people who were already convicted of murder and afterwards committed murder again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
John McRae -- Michigan/Florida. Life for murder of 8-year-old boy. Pedophile. Paroled 1971. Convicted of another murder of a boy after parole, in Michigan 1998. Charges pending on 2 other counts in Florida.
---------------------------------------
John Miller -- California. Killed an infant 1957, convicted of murder, 1958. Paroled 1975. Killed his parents 1975. Life term 1975.
Michael Lawrence -- Florida. Killed robbery victim. Life term, 1976. Paroled 1985. Killed robbery victim. Condemned 1990.
Donald Dillbeck -- Florida. Killed policeman in 1979. Escaped from prison in 1990, kidnapped and killed female motorist after escape. Condemned 1991.
Edward Kennedy -- Florida. Killed motel clerk. Sentenced to Life. Escaped 1981. Killed policeman and male civilian after prison break. Executed 1992.
Dawud Mu'Min -- Virginia. Killed cab driver in holdup. Sentenced 1973. Escaped 1988. Raped/killed woman 1988. Condemned 1989. Executed 1997.
Viva Nash -- Utah/Arizona. Two terms of life for murder in Utah, 1978. Escaped in 1982. Murdered again. Condemned in Arizona, 1983.
Randy Greenawalt -- Escaped from Prison in 1978, while serving a life sentence for a 1974 murder. He then murdered a family of 4 people, shotgunning them to death, including a toddler.
Norman Parker -- Florida/D.C. Life term in Florida for murder, 1966. Escaped 1978. Life on another count of murder in 1979.
Winford Stokes -- Missouri. Ruled insane on two counts of murder 1969. Escaped from asylum, 1978. Murdered again. Executed for this murder, 1990.
Charles Crawford -- Missouri. Life term in 1965 for murder. Paroled 1990. Convicted of murder again in 1994.
Jack Ferrell -- Florida. Committed Murdered 1981. 15 years to life, 1982. Paroled 1987. Murdered again 1992. Condemned 1993.
Timothy Buss -- Murdered five-year-old girl. Sentenced to 25 years in 1981. Paroled 1993. Murdered 10-year-old boy. Condemned 1996.
Martsay Bolder -- Missouri. Serving a sentence of life for first-degree murder in 1973. Murdered prison cellmate 1979.
Henry Brisbon, Illinois. Murdered 2 in robbery. Sentenced to 1000- 3000 years. Killed inmate in prison 1982. Sentenced to DP. Commuted by Governor Ryan.
Randolph Dial -- Oklahoma. Life for murder 1986. Escaped from prison with deputy warden's wife as kidnap victim. 1989. Still at large. Warden's wife never found.
Arthur J. Bomar, Jr. -- released from prison in Nevada on parole in 1990. Bomar had served 11 years of a murder sentence for killing a man over an argument about a parking space. Six years later in Pennsylvania, Bomar brutally kidnapped, raped and murdered George Mason University star athlete Aimee Willard.
Dwain Little -- Oregon. Raped/Stabbed 16-year-old girl. Life term 1966. Paroled 1974. Returned as Parole Violator 1975. Again Released 1977. Then shot family of 4. Three consecutive life terms for rape and murder 1980.
Arthur Shawcross (The 'Monster of the Rivers') -- Released after serving a 25 year sentence for a child murder, turned to murdering prostitutes. At least 10 in all. Now serving ten consecutive sentences of 25 years to life - 250 years in all.
Samuel D. Smith -- in prison for murdering Zita Casey, 79, during a burglary in St. Louis in 1978. While in prison he murdered another inmate, Marlin May, during a knife fight in 1987 in prison.
Darrell P. Pandeli -- After being released from prison after a conviction for murder, Pandeli murdered a prostitute, cut off her nipples and flushed them down the toilet. Now on DR in Arizona for that second recidivist murder.
Chad Allen Lee -- Convicted of capital murder. Sentenced to other than death. Released and went on murder spree. Murdering Linda Reynolds, a pizza delivery person, and 9 days later robbed and murdered David Lacey, a taxi cab driver. Lee then robbed a mini-market 7 days after than. Shooting the owner, Harold Drury, multiple times without reason.
Scott Lehr -- Convicted of capital murder. Sentenced to other than death. Later released. After release, between Feb 91 and Feb 92 lured 10 different female victims, between the ages of 10 and 48-years-old, into his car. Raping and beating them unconscious, stripped and adandoned them in the desert. Three of his victims died in those acts.

James Erin McKinney -- Convicted of capital murder. Sentenced to other than death. Later released. Then murdered Christine Mertens in a home invasion robbery. Later murdered James McClain in another separate home invasion robbery.
Michael Murdaugh -- Convicted of capital murder. Sentenced to other than death. Later released. After release murdered David Reynolds. Beating him to death. When 'dumping' the body, Murdaugh severed Reynold's head and hands, pulled out his teeth, and buried the body parts.
Charles Daniels -- was convicted and sentenced to Life for the 1965 rape and murder of a Louisiana woman. Later having his sentence commuted, he was release. And he again killed another woman, 32-year-old Debbie Tatum.
Jarmarr Arnold -- who, while on DR, murdered another DR inmate by stabbing him in the forehead with a sharpen spike. Proving that not even a death sentence can prevent murder until the sentence is carried out.
Robert Lee Massie -- Sentenced to the DP, but overturned by Furman, which resulted in him committing further new murders.

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You mean like providing Blablabla's sources before he does? You think that's difficult?
I think it's difficult for you to keep composure, but I was speaking to you declaring nonsense about me.

You don't know what the law is for and you don't know what the law is.
You said something like that before. I already answered you on it.

Quote the law. It did not convict her.
Leviticus calls for the DP for committing adultery. Is there an intervening law? You can speak to a problem of form and witness, but Jesus knew the truth of it.

What penalty did Jesus, knowing her guilt under the law, impose?
None.
How did he instruct the crowd in the perfection of her judgment?
He didn't.

What did he actually do?

This is an argument from silence.
Not if you understand what that actually is and can apply the facts to make the attempt. No.

An irrational response.
That's you parroting a thing I do with people who declare in lieu, which is ironic.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it's difficult for you to keep composure.
So?

So I'm impulsive and quick to anger. So what?

Get over it. Answer the question. :up:

Talking about my state of mind is boring.

I was speaking to you declaring nonsense about me.
If you think what I say is nonsense, there's an easy way to show me wrong.

Quote the law. I say you don't know the law. So quote it.

You say "depending on particulars."

What particulars? Make a scenario in which she would not be charged correctly.

What penalty did Jesus, knowing her guilt under the law, impose? None.How did he instruct the crowd in the perfection of her judgment? He didn't. What did he actually do?
He knew the law and responded appropriately to it.

You've been through this discussion numerous times. You know exactly what I'm referring to. Why you would insist on your blinkered reading is beyond me.

Not if you understand what that actually is and can apply the facts to make the attempt. No.
Declarations.

Content?

That's you parroting a thing I do with people who declare in lieu, which is ironic.
Nope. It's an accurate description of your post.

You look at what Jesus did as if that is all there is to the story. The accusers brought charges. Jesus might have even answered those charges. I can. Why can't you?

genuineoriginal

"When the state regularly kills people, the citizens of the state are more likely to kill people. We think it might get better if we killed people more often."
You have it backwards.
When the citizens of a state are more likely to kill people, the state will use the death penalty to stop it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I agree, which is why I don't support any propositions where such would happen, as with what you propose.

Here's the kicker, our current system (yours too, over there across the pond) does the same thing. In fact, it's worse. It GUARANTEES that innocents will be caught up, due to sheer numbers of people being processed through the system.

My system, while it recognizes that it's possible, doesn't guarantee that such a high number of innocents will be caught up in it. If anything, it guarantees that the minimal amount of innocent people, if not fewer, will be caught up in it.

That's just a soundbite with nothing in support.

Soundbite? No.

Nothing in support? Sure it has, just look at Singapore's crime rates for the last few years.

This is just waffle.

That isn't a valid argument against my position.

What if the "judge above him" isn't sufficiently able to handle the case or the one above him?

You should go read Exodus 18 again. Look at the system Jethro (a pagan, nonetheless, who's idea was good enough to be included by God in His word) came up with for a system of judges.

And then look at the result.

Your proposed "system" would be rife with problems.

Such as?

Your "system" would be a nightmare. A judge is human and even with the best intent and study of the evidence, there'd be a plethora of mistakes,

Which is why if the judge feels like he would make a mistake, he would appeal the case to a judge above him, who would inherently have more time to weigh all the options before coming to a decision.

And if the judge does not feel like he is capable of taking any responsibility, then he would (hopefully) recognize such and step down as a judge.

not to mention the stress you're placing on people to try and come to the right decision where someone's life hangs in the balance. There would be inevitable errors in judgement.

People?

There would be one judge over each case, no jury, no lawyers. Just the judge, the accused, and the accuser.

By the way, have I mentioned that the pressure on someone who's reputation is on the line (as well as the accountability for any wrongful convictions) tends to make even the most wicked judges make the right decision?

I have never said that the judges would make such decisions lightly.

:doh:

A good judge can do all of that and still make the wrong decision, especially in more convoluted cases.

Give an example. Please. Be sure to present all known evidence.

You are childishly simplistic where it comes to this.

That is an ad hominem. It's not a valid argument.

Please attack my argument, and not me. Thank you.

Stress can lead to oversights and errors in judgement, no matter how unintended.

I agree. And yet, consider that with such a system, more resources are available to the authorities (because of less crime, fewer court cases under way, etc.), they can use those resources to be much more thorough in their search for evidence that would lead to a conviction. No stone left unturned.

The current system is hardly keeping up, and have practically legalized lesser crimes to an extent recently because of it.

Your "system" would only increase the amount of mistakes.

No it won't. (Hitchens' Razor)

Unless you agree that the DP should only be carried out where 100% proof of guilt has been ascertained

If someone has stolen a bike, then the evidence, no matter how hard the criminal tries to hide it, will point to them having stolen a bike. If someone beat someone up, then the evidence will point to that person as having beat the other person up. If someone murdered someone, then the evidence, no matter how hard the criminal tries to hide it, will point to them as having murdered that person.

then you're supporting a system where innocent people would be wrongfully convicted and executed, which you admit is evil. Your system wouldn't eradicate the possibility of that at all.

Because no system is perfect (because any system that involves humans in any way is inherently imperfect), there will be mistakes made.

The goal is not to eliminate mistakes, but to reduce them to the point where the number is essentially zero.

A 4.1% error rate, with the crime rate we have today, results in a number of innocents being wrongly convicted much, much, much greater than zero.

The data show that killing murderers is followed by more killings.

Then those murderers should be put to death. It's as simple as that.

If the state holds human life cheaply, the population goes along with it.

All are equal under the law. If someone commits a crime, he is to be punished for his crime.

God says to put people who deserve to die to death, and to not kill the innocent. If that's not a respect for the life of the innocent, I don't know what is.

A murderer's life is forfeit the moment he murders. Same with a rapist's, same with the adulterer's, etc. It profanes God to keep any of them alive, when they should not live.

As you see, states without a death penalty tend to have fewer of those.

All I see is that all 50 states, regardless of having the death penalty have extremely high crime rates, with many innocent people being caught up in the system.

And they have zero innocent people condemned to death,

They also don't have any criminals worthy of death being put to death either, which violates God's commands...

which is a much greater wrong than a guilty person escaping punishment.

*sigh* No, it's just as bad to let criminals go free as it is to kill an innocent person.

So a system that does not kill murderers has FEWER innocent people inherently getting caught up.

Again, it also has more criminals still living, which means far more crime than if they were properly punished, which results in more strain on the legal system, which results in fewer resources available to the authorities to use to find and prosecute criminals, which results in more mistakes being made in judgments, which results in more innocent people being caught up in the system, which means that more criminals get away with their crimes, which encourages them to commit more crime, resulting in a higher crime rate, which puts more strain on the system... etc... etc... etc.........

It's a bad feedback loop that is hard to break.

If the state does not kill murderers, we have fewer innocent people dying for both reasons.

You also have more murderers who have the possibility of escaping from prison to murder again, raising the crime rate even more.

Do you see the problem with this yet?

"Let him who is without sin first throw a stone."

He shamed a crowd seeking vengeance into abandoning the death penalty for an adulterous woman.

He shamed a group of conspirators who were trying to trick Jesus into a premature encounter with the government, which would go against his plan for salvation.

You don't seem to be aware of the political situation at the time. The people of Israel were under Roman rule, and were not allowed by the Romans to even try a criminal for his crimes, let alone put an adulterer/ess to death. They had to take them to the Roman authorities for them to deal with the criminal.

By bringing the woman (and not surprisingly, not the man who would have been found with her (they did say they caught her in the act, or perhaps I'm misremembering the passage)) to Jesus instead of the authorities, they themselves were guilty.

You also seem to have forgotten that Jesus, who is God, has the authority to forgive someone of their sins.

NOWHERE did Jesus repeal the death penalty.

See above. When did Jesus advocate having the state kill people?

When He did not repeal the death penalty. :think:

In general, justice is well-served if it's laid on a jury of one's peers.

So bringing people together who have no sense of right and wrong are best suited to serve justice?

:think:

You've been sold a bill of goods, Barb.

Here's a list of reasons why juries don't work.

- Justice by committee is a failure. Judges must once again become responsible for courtroom results.
- Juries have no accountability. Group action creates excuses and tends to dilute responsibility.
- A murderer prefers a committee to a judge, knowing that a jury increases his chance to evade justice.
- The wrongly accused stands a better chance of exoneration from a trained judge than an amateur jury.
- Even an evil judge has a reputation to consider, but a jury disbands into nonexistence.
- Men have been sold a bill of goods supposing that security lies in justice by committee.
- The criminal justice system must protect the innocent from, not subject them to, the public.
- Judges cannot be held accountable for jury decisions, but can be prosecuted for negligent bench verdicts.
- The jury selection process typically involves seeking the most uninformed and apathetic.
- Systematic government accountability should exist where feasible.
- Today, a chain of accountability exists for a toilet purchase, but none for a kidnapper’s trial.
- Criminal justice ranks as government’s primary responsibility, thus courts need accountability.
- If a jury wrongly lets a murderer go to kill again, there is no accountability procedure.

There's a good reason places like North Korea don't use juries.

And yet you advocate killing more innocent people.

I do not. Please stop making this false accusation.

You do. Not only would the imposition of death penalty in all states increase the murder rate,

It wouldn't. :idunno: And even if it did, with the death penalty being swift and painful, the government could react appropriately and put any new murderers to death. And on it would go until there are no more people willing to commit murder for fear of being put to death for it. The murder rate would drop within a 3 days, if not overnight.

the imposition of a rapid execution would have killed all those innocent people who were wrongly condemned. Your way means more innocent people die.

No, it wouldn't. It means more innocent people would be saved because those criminals would fear the punishment handed down by the authorities, and restrain themselves from committing a crime, resulting in less crime......... Need I go on? It seems redundant at this point...

Then those murderers should have been put to death, until there are no more murderers left, instead of giving up halfway and letting the remaining murderers go free.

Please don't claim my words as your own.

Yes. Some people are more concerned with killing wrongdoers than in protecting the innocent.

Or perhaps you don't understand that punishing criminals is inherently life saving. It deters criminals from committing crimes they would have otherwise committed, including murder, which saves the would-be victims of those crimes from being harmed.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/09/29/the-death-penalty-saves-lives-by-deterring-crime

Mine still assumes innocence until proven guilty.

A person is guilty as soon as they commit a crime. Mine still, though, presumes innocence until shown to be guilty, as per Deuteronomy 22:22-27.

Still sends convicted criminals to prison. It works.

And innocent people too... a large number of them.

Something you conveniently keep leaving out from your arguments.

Better than anything anyone else has come up with. Sorry about your system.

So you reject God's justice system because "we came up with something better"?

Talk about arrogant...

If you had your way, they'd be dead.

No, they wouldn't be caught up in the system in the first place.

Rapid executions would have killed them all before they could prove their innocence.

Wrong.

Rapid punishments of KNOWN criminals would free up resources to be used in determining the harder cases.

drbrumley

Since 1973, one out of every ten individuals sentenced to death has been released from death row because of evidence discovered after conviction.

genuineoriginal

The only folk advocating killing innocent people are ones like you who'd have a DP in effect within a completely untenable system where those not guilty would be swept within it and just as swiftly put to death.
You have identified the real problem.
The real problem is not with the death penalty, it is with the completely untenable system we are using.

The insistence that there must be a conviction, the use of circumstantial evidence to attain that conviction, and the lack of a substantial penalty for perjury are the biggest reasons that there are too many innocent people being convicted for crimes.

genuineoriginal

Or, "And Jesus said (to the woman who He knew to be guilty and who's life was then forfeit under the law)
"Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."
Jesus only said that after there were no longer any eye witnesses to fulfill the commandments by casting the first stones.

Deuteronomy 17:6-7
6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.​

John 8:10-11
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.​

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

Then those murderers should be put to death.

Which increases the murder rate. And round and round we go. Jesus showed us the way out of that cycle of violence and revenge. It's as simple as that.

A murderer's life is forfeit the moment he murders. Same with a rapist's, same with the adulterer's, etc. It profanes God to keep any of them alive, when they should not live.

So Jesus profaned God when he kept the woman alive after she was caught in adultery? Really?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You know, it helps if you keep the "Original quote by ___" so that the person you're quoting is made aware you've quoted him...

Barbarian observes:

Which increases the murder rate. And round and round we go.

And if they were that easy to persuade to commit murder and then act upon those desires, then they deserve to be executed. Why would that be a bad thing?

Jesus showed us the way out of that cycle of violence and revenge. It's as simple as that.

Revenge? Violence? It's more violent that murderers roam the streets rather freely, than for them to be recorded on a slab of stone. Revenge?

No, it's not revenge. It's "vengeance" against the wicked, which the government has the authority to bring.

Exactly. By keeping people alive who should not live, the government holds the lives of the innocent cheaply.

So Jesus profaned God when he kept the woman alive after she was caught in adultery? Really?

What charges were brought against her? Was there any evidence? Go read the passage again to make sure.

genuineoriginal

If that were true, states with the death penalty would quickly have lower murder rates.
That is what would happen in a just justice system that would swiftly and publically put murderers to death.
Instead, they have higher murder rates. So that's out.
The mockery of a justice system that we have will delay execution for 10 or more years, removing most of the deterrence that a swift death penalty would create.

TIME ON DEATH ROW
Death-row prisoners in the U.S. typically spend more than a decade awaiting execution. Some prisoners have been on death row for well over 20 years.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:

Which increases the murder rate. And round and round we go. Jesus showed us the way out of that cycle of violence and revenge. It's as simple as that.

So, would you deduce from that 'Data' that, the murder rate goes up because, when there's an execution, certain individuals have a tendency to desire to commit murder so they can be executed, as well?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That is what would happen in a just justice system that would swiftly and publically put murderers to death.

The mockery of a justice system that we have will delay execution for 10 or more years, removing most of the deterrence that a swift death penalty would create.

TIME ON DEATH ROW
Death-row prisoners in the U.S. typically spend more than a decade awaiting execution. Some prisoners have been on death row for well over 20 years.

eider

You are assuming that I ignore the Old Testament laws? You are a moron, aren't you?

I'll stop you there at your first insult.
But I did read enough to discover that you don't give a fig for the healthcare, education and welfare of all those little children that you argue so heatedly for up to their birth.

Unhinged, that is. Quite unhinged. Illogical.