ECT The Grace of God. Is it merited or unmerited?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
First correct/overcome that which you are bound to before accusing others of their 'lack'.

Don't be sneaky, the WHOLE purpose of your work is to chide everybody for what they [in your opinion ] lack

You do not ever say you have yourself attained to this standard of holiness...you imply it inasmuch as you flog everyone on to attain it.

I say this sanctification is FREE and is ours...whether we live it or not.

My message to EVERYONE is simply BE what God has made you to be, Christ DWELLS in you, simply allow Him to manifest Himself....that is simple and easy to understand.

Cross Reference

Don't be sneaky, the WHOLE purpose of your work is to chide everybody for what they [in your opinion ] lack

You do not ever say you have yourself attained to this standard of holiness...you imply it inasmuch as you flog everyone on to attain it.

I say this sanctification is FREE and is ours...whether we live it or not.

My message to EVERYONE is simply BE what God has made you to be, Christ DWELLS in you, simply allow Him to manifest Himself....that is simple and easy to understand.

"YOUR MESSAGE"???!! What makes you so certain you are correct and everyone else wrong . . that you BOAST of it?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That which I RECIEVED gave I unto you....if it is by gift why do you boast as though you had not received it?

The plain fact is nothing you got, nothing you can ever do could buy or earn you the least of God's blessings

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You are like Naaman with his horses and chariots, if the prophet said do some great thing, you would do it...but when he says simply wash and be clean you turn away in a rage.

musterion

I think a lot of people from many schools of thought are repulsed by the idea that fallen man has within himself the ability to behave in certain situations in a ways that please God.

And yet, from cover to cover the Bible shows that He condemns fallen people specifically for disobeying and displeasing Him.

God's Truth

That which I RECIEVED gave I unto you....if it is by gift why do you boast as though you had not received it?

The plain fact is nothing you got, nothing you can ever do could buy or earn you the least of God's blessings

We do not have to do the purification works---WE STILL HAVE TO TO OBEY. Those who obey are the ones who receive the Holy Spirit. See Acts 5:32, and John 14:23.

God's Truth

"YOUR MESSAGE"???!! What makes you so certain you are correct and everyone else wrong . . that you BOAST of it?

They are boasting that they did NOTHING. They are boasting in their own faith, in other words that they talked themselves into believing they are saved for doing nothing.

JonahofAkron

Do not sons need to learn simply because they are sons? Did not Jesus have to deal with the law of the flesh as everyone else? Did he not suffer as well as everyone else when dealing with it? Did He not get hungry, thirsty, sleepy, etal? How 'bout taking matters into hHis own hands? Wanna go there?
Simple question, was He obedient before suffering?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Do not sons need to learn simply because they are sons? Did not Jesus have to deal with the law of the flesh as everyone else? Did he not suffer as well as everyone else when dealing with it? Did He not get hungry, thirsty, sleepy, etal? How 'bout taking matters into hHis own hands? Wanna go there?

Jesus ALWAYS OBEYED and then suffered unto death.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And what does that look like? Do you try to follow Messiah in His action ad word?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Follow, follow, what do you mean He LIVES in me, I spect Him to manifest THROUGH me, I fail in that sometimes, ok so all you can do is do it better next time, I don't beat myself up.

I know how the flesh works, how the mind of the flesh thinks....but God works differently, He thinks differently. THAT'S what we have to learn.