ECT The Grace of God. Is it merited or unmerited?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You have revealed to us exactly what you are.

Coming from Little Miss Obedience.

Who does not realize that one must have understanding of the precepts in order to obey.

This comes from the Holy Spirit whom Jesus said we must ask for MORE OF.

What part of ask, seek, and knock lead you to believe God would reward you with the Holy Spirit by building your own tower to heaven?

God's Truth

Coming from Little Miss Obedience.

Who does not realize that one must have understanding of the precepts in order to obey.

The scriptures PLAINLY say understanding comes from obedience.

This comes from the Holy Spirit whom Jesus said we must ask for MORE OF.
You do not receive the Holy Spirit until you obey. Acts 5:32, and John 14:23.

What part of ask, seek, and knock lead you to believe God would reward you with the Holy Spirit by building your own tower to heaven?

There is never anything wrong in obeying God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The scriptures PLAINLY say understanding comes from obedience.

No they don't.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Psalms 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

You do not receive the Holy Spirit until you obey. Acts 5:32, and John 14:23.

Wrong.

Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

There is never anything wrong in obeying God.

Never said there was.

Sonnet

Wrong.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

37“This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Once again I will yield to Israel’s plea and do this for them: I will make their people as numerous as sheep, 38as numerous as the flocks for offerings at Jerusalem during her appointed festivals. So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
37“This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Once again I will yield to Israel’s plea and do this for them: I will make their people as numerous as sheep, 38as numerous as the flocks for offerings at Jerusalem during her appointed festivals. So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”

Comes under the heading of believing Jesus and asking does it not?

God's Truth

No they don't.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Psalms 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

I can hardly believe you said no and then gave scripture that proves me right.

One must obey and start fearing God.

You are saying ‘wrong’ to the scriptures.

The scripture PLAINLY says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

God puts His Spirit in us to HELP US AFTER WE OBEY by ridding ourselves of our sins. We do that by repenting.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Did you read that?
They have to rid themselves of their offenses.

God asks them why will you die?
They die because they refuse to REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

Never said there was.
You DID say there was something wrong with obeying God. You went against me for saying we have to obey to get understanding. You went against the scriptures that plainly say so.

God's Truth

One must BELIEVE and REPENT to be saved. No one can ever get around that.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I can hardly believe you said no and then gave scripture that proves me right.

One must obey and start fearing God.

You are saying ‘wrong’ to the scriptures.

The scripture PLAINLY says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

God puts His Spirit in us to HELP US AFTER WE OBEY by ridding ourselves of our sins. We do that by repenting.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Did you read that?
They have to rid themselves of their offenses.

God asks them why will you die?
They die because they refuse to REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

You DID say there was something wrong with obeying God. You went against me for saying we have to obey to get understanding. You went against the scriptures that plainly say so.

Knock yerself out.

Cross Reference

One must first believe him or why would you ask?

And why would anyone believe unless it all "struck a chord" in their thinking? This just simple common sense, is it not? No gift needed if one can believe God gave us all a measure of faith for believing whatever we want to believe and in this case, we are saying we want to believe God because we are convinced of Him.

Jamie Gigliotti

We love because He first loved us is 'us' in general. God loved His creation. However, God does not know you personally if you do not love Him by obeying Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

Glad that you see we do not love Him until we obey Him.

The Bible says that God loves those who love Him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

We are given the "gift of the Holy Spirit" at the moment of faith, trust, repentence, contriteness, humility. ( Acts 2:38 )

When this happen a person experiences His love. ( Galatians 5:22 , Romans 5:5 )

A repentant person then chooses to sow to and please the Holy Spirit and not the flesh if that person desires to continue in the love relationship that began at conversion unto eternal life. ( Galatians 6:8 )

Many seeds do not grow into maturity and are chocked off by the concerns of the world.

God loves us all. ( John 3:16 )

It is only with a humble repentant person that can share in Him, His love, His presence. ( 1 John 4:7 )

Cross Reference

We are given the "gift of the Holy Spirit" at the moment of faith, trust, repentence, contriteness, humility. ( Acts 2:38 )

When this happen a person experiences His love. ( Galatians 5:22 , Romans 5:5 )

A repentant person then chooses to sow to and please the Holy Spirit and not the flesh if that person desires to continue in the love relationship that began at conversion unto eternal life. ( Galatians 6:8 )

Many seeds do not grow into maturity and are chocked off by the concerns of the world.

God loves us all. ( John 3:16 )

It is only with a humble repentant person that can share in Him, His love, His presence. ( 1 John 4:7 )

God hates those who hate Him. Kindly do something with that.

Cross Reference

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Deuteronomy 7:9-10 (KJV)