ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

So, you lied when you said "everything," or, are so stupid, you do not understand the meaning of "everything," or you are hitting "Happy Hour" right before you post, still trying to beat "The Christmas Lush." Which is it?

GT is just another Catholic playing fast and loose with the Bible to justify salvation by her own sweat. The old church of "Thanks Jesus, but I'll take it from here."

john w

Hall of Fame
GT is just another Catholic playing fast and loose with the Bible to justify salvation by her own sweat. The old church of "Thanks Jesus, but I'll take it from here."

Yes, musty-it is called"The Mystery Interpretation" technique, what Romans perfected, with "The Eucharist," "The Perpetual Virgin Mary,"" Mary, Holy Mother of God,""Mother of Divine Grace,""Mystical Rose," "Ark of the Covenant,""Queen of Angels,"............

glorydaz

So you put more faith in what these Jews said than you do in what the Lord Jesus Himself teaches?

You think Jesus didn't actually mean what He said here?

Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Jerry Shugart

You think Jesus didn't actually mean what He said here?

Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

The "forgiveness" spoken of in regard to the Father is in regard to being in "fellowship" with the Lord and not in regard to salvation. If a person does not forgive those who sin against them then they are sinning in their "walk." And if they do not confess that sin they will not have it taken away in regard to being in "fellowship" with the Lord:

" If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth....If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

These words of John were addressed to those who had already believed (notice John's use of the pronoun "we") and had their sins forgiven or remitted in regard to their salvation and Peter spoke of that forgiveness of sins here:

"All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name"
(Acts 10:43).​

We know that the forgiveness of sins spoken of at Mark 11:26 is not in regard to salvation because the Lord Jesus said that those who "believe" have eternal life (Jn.5:24) and He also says the following about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

Now that I have given you my interpretation of Mark 11:26 please return the favor and address the Lord Jesus' words spoken to a Jewess who lived under the law in the following passage:

"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

His words make it plain that the Jews who lived under the law and "believed" enjoyed eternal security. And please notice that the only requirement the Lord mentioned was "believing" and He said not one word about "works" being necessary for salvation.

So again, it is your turn to answer one of the passages which indicates that the only requirement for those who lived under the law for salvation was "believing" and nothing more. What is your interpretation of the meaning of the Lord's words at John 11:25-26?

God's Truth

The "forgiveness" spoken of in regard to the Father is in regard to being in "fellowship" with the Lord and not in regard to salvation. If a person does not forgive those who sin against them then they are sinning in their "walk." And if they do not confess that sin they will not have it taken away in regard to being in "fellowship" with the Lord:

" If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth....If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

These words of John were addressed to those who had already believed (notice John's use of the pronoun "we") and had their sins forgiven or remitted in regard to their salvation and Peter spoke of that forgiveness of sins here:

"All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name"
(Acts 10:43).​

We know that the forgiveness of sins spoken of at Mark 11:26 is not in regard to salvation because the Lord Jesus said that those who "believe" have eternal life (Jn.5:24) and He also says the following about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

Now that I have given you my interpretation of Mark 11:26 please return the favor and address the Lord Jesus' words spoken to a Jewess who lived under the law in the following passage:

"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

His words make it plain that the Jews who lived under the law and "believed" enjoyed eternal security. And please notice that the only requirement the Lord mentioned was "believing" and He said not one word about "works" being necessary for salvation.

So again, it is your turn to answer one of the passages which indicates that the only requirement for those who lived under the law for salvation was "believing" and nothing more. What is your interpretation of the meaning of the Lord's words at John 11:25-26?

The Jews had to believe in Jesus and everything he taught---that he forgives sins after the you repent of them.

Jerry Shugart

The Jews had to believe in Jesus and everything he taught---that he forgives sins after the you repent of them.

The Lord Jesus only spoke of "believing" in the following passage:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

What the Lord said is either true or it is false and He said nothing about "works" of any kind being required for this blessing. I believe what He said is true and your teaching denies His words.

Matthew 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Here is one thing that the Lord Jesus commanded them to do so do you obey the following commandment which He gave them?:

"Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not" (Mt.23:1-3).​

Status
Not open for further replies.