ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Because he is not personally required to do the baptizing. MANY of them were baptized responding to HIS message, other men could and did baptize the rest but they were all baptized.
Argument from silence. You have no evidence that they were all baptized and besides, Paul would have had baptized as many as possible had he thought it was required for salvation.

Note the difference between Paul's ministry having batized virtually none vs John the Baptist's and Jesus' minsitries where "all of Judeah was baptized" (Mark 1:5 & John 3:26)

WHY would he baptize ANY in this dispensation?
I've already answer this weeks ago. It survived during the transition and faded just as did the miracles Paul performed.

Rosenritter

Remember what I said about synecdoches?

Yeah, that still applies.

Circumcision is the law.

Baptism WAS REQUIRED BY THE LAW!

If baptism was required by the law, where is the law requiring baptism written (book chapter and verse please) and why was it a unique thing when John came baptizing to prepare the way for the Lord? Who was baptizing them before?

Rosenritter

Thanks for the well put reply.

This part of your reply is where I'm having trouble understanding MAD.

I see the gospel given to the Jews beginning at Pentecost. When they believed the gospel(Jesus), they were baptized and added. So IF gospel of circumcision ended at Paul's conversion, why would Paul baptize the jailer after he believed Jesus?

Maybe he was secretly a Jewish jailer.

turbosixx

You have no evidence that they were all baptized
I suggest Paul is not addressing those who were not baptized but those who were baptized.
Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Just like here, Paul is only speaking to those who are baptized.
Rom. 6:3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
All of us who leaves out everyone that has not been baptized.

and besides, Paul would have had baptized as many as possible had he thought it was required for salvation.
This is speculation. Reading the verse it's clear that all of them that believed were baptized. It isn't necessary for Paul to baptize any of them himself.
And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized
The ones who believed were baptized.

Note the difference between Paul's ministry having batized virtually none vs John the Baptist's and Jesus' minsitries where "all of Judeah was baptized" (Mark 1:5 & John 3:26)
Volume doesn't mean a thing. What is preached and the response is what matters.

I've already answer this weeks ago. It survived during the transition and faded just as did the miracles Paul performed.
My problem here is it never faded. Paul's last conversion in scripture before his arrest he is baptizing believers in the name of Jesus. Just as they did on Pentecost. It never faded.

Also, if it's not part of this dispensation, why would Paul baptize the jailer?
33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.[/B].
Having believed included being baptized.

Right Divider

Body part
Just like here, Paul is only speaking to those who are baptized.
Rom. 6:3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
All of us who leaves out everyone that has not been baptized.
There is no water there.

A member of the body of Christ gets baptized BY the Spirit INTO the body. 1 Cor 12:13

The Spirit doesn't use water to baptize. You should get baptized into the body.

john w

Hall of Fame
If baptism was required by the law, where is the law requiring baptism written (book chapter and verse please) and why was it a unique thing when John came baptizing to prepare the way for the Lord? Who was baptizing them before?

I have addressed this many times, on TOL...priests need to be washed in water, anointed with oil, then comes blood....

Exodus 29 KJV
1And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them, to minister unto me in the priest’s office: Take one young bullock, and two rams without blemish, 2 and unleavened bread, and cakes unleavened tempered with oil, and wafers unleavened anointed with oil: of wheaten flour shalt thou make them. 3 And thou shalt put them into one basket, and bring them in the basket, with the bullock and the two rams. 4 And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shalt wash them with water.

Numbers 5 KJV
And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 6 Take the Levites from among the children of Israel, and cleanse them. 7 And thus shalt thou do unto them, to cleanse them: Sprinkle water of purifying upon them, and let them shave all their flesh, and let them wash their clothes, and so make themselves clean.

OT baptisms/washings were performed to prepare men for the priesthood, as this "initiation" ceremony, right, identified them as priests, in the eyes of the believing remnant of the nation Israel, just as John the B stated that he was identifying, making manifest, the Lord Jesus as their Messiah, their "Main Priest,"...

John 1:31 KJV And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

... when He was baptized, at River Jordan, and the Spirit descended upon Him(oil-Exodus 29:7 KJV-type of the Holy Spirit), so Aaron's sons, were also identified as the nation Israel's priests, when washed/baptized with water, per Exodus 29:4 KJV, and the anointed with oil-again, a type of the Holy Spirit.

Exodus 29:7 KJV

Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him...

Again-the pattern: wash in water, oil, blood.

" And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,Take Aaron and his sons with him, and the garments, and the anointing oil, and a bullock for the sin offering, and two rams, and a basket of unleavened bread...And Moses brought Aaron and his sons, and washed them with water.... Lev. 8:1-12 KJV

"And Moses brought Aaron and his sons, and washed them with water" Leviticus 8:6 KJV

"And he poured of the anointing oil upon Aaron's head, and anointed him, to sanctify him." Leviticus 8:12 KJV

"And he slew it; and Moses took of the blood of it, and put it upon the tip of Aaron's right ear, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot." Leviticus 8:23 KJV

And notice this:

The Lord Jesus Christ comes to the Jordan, is baptized(washed), the Holy Spirit comes upon him, anointing Him(oil),

Acts 10 KJV
38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

...and later he is baptized on the cross with blood:

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Matthew 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mark 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV

Last edited:

turbosixx

• Do you really want to know?
  • Do you really not know?
  • How can you be in the body of Christ and not know about 1 Cor 12:13?
  • Do you now understand that Romans 6 has nothing to do with water baptism?
I know and I've shown you a verse that shows exactly HOW but I want to try and understand from your perspective.

What proof do you have that Romans 6 is not water. Paul never made it to Rome till his arrest. Everyone we see converting Christians baptized them so why are the Romans different?
HOW exactly does one get baptized BY the Spirit into the body?

Right Divider

Body part
I know and I've shown you a verse that shows exactly HOW but I want to try and understand from your perspective.

What proof do you have that Romans 6 is not water. Paul never made it to Rome till his arrest. Everyone we see converting Christians baptized them so why are the Romans different?
You clearly think that you can just add water to ANY place that you see "bapt" anything.

It's BY GRACE that we are saved through faith. No water needed at all.

God is freely giving His grace, but folks like you want to have some ritual to perform. Sad...

turbosixx

You clearly think that you can just add water to ANY place that you see "bapt" anything.

It's BY GRACE that we are saved through faith. No water needed at all.

God is freely giving His grace, but folks like you want to have some ritual to perform. Sad...

I'm applying it to how a Christian is converted. That's what we're talking about right? HOW one is added.

This doesn't explain nor show exactly how one is baptized BY the Spirit into the body. God has given us several conversions so we can read and understand. Could you use one of those and show me how one is baptized BY the Spirit into the body?

john w

Hall of Fame
What proof do you have that Romans 6 is not water.
Colossians 2 KJV
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

"with him," not "like him"

Romans 6 KJV
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Just as our apostle asserts in Romans 6:4 KJV, that we are buried with him by baptism into death,and since we are also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, per Colossians 2:11 KJV,(verse 11, above), then our burial with Christ "in baptism," per verse 12, also occurs without water, as well. The above passage, then, which concerns our burial with Christ "in baptism", parallels our burial with Christ "by baptism into death" of Romans 6:4 KJV, and neither baptism should be associated with water.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
HOW exactly does one get baptized BY the Spirit into the body? What passage do you use to support how?

One more time:

There is one baptism today, in this dispensation, and that is a spiritual baptism, where a person is identified into the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and is identified into the body of Christ-all by the Holy Spirit(notice the Holy Spirit is the Baptizer, not the Lord Jesus Christ). You can get "immersed", "dunked", "sprinkled" until the tadpoles know your social security number, but that will not save you.

There is one baptism today in the "dispensation of the grace of God"(Ephesians 3:2 KJV), and that is spiritual baptism of Ephesians 4:5 KJV(notice the 7 unities of Ephesians 4:3-6 KJV- are all spiritual), by which we are baptized(identified) into the Body of Christ, and thus identified into the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Most refuse to discern the difference between Christ baptizing WITH or IN the Holy Spirit at Pentecost(Matthew 3:11 KJV; Mark 1:8 KJV; Luke 3:16 KJV; John 1:33 KJV; Acts 1:4-5 KJV, Acts 11:16 kJV), and "For BY(emphasis mine) one Spirit are we ALL(emphasis mine) baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been ALL(emphasis mine) made to drink into one Spirit"(1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). The body of Christ's(which was not in existence in the early Acts period) baptism involves the Holy Spirit as the baptizer, which:

1.places/identifies/unites us into one body of Jews and Gentiles who have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ alone as the Saviour, creating a NEW entity("new man") totally distinct in its nature and program from Israel, and

2. places/identifies/unites each believer with Christ("in Christ" and "Christ in me"), who is the "Head of the Body", and thus His death becomes our death, His burial becomes our burial, and His resurrection becomes our resurrection. There is therefore both a vertical and horizontal union simultaneously formed by this "one baptism"(Ephesians 4:5 KJV-NOT TWO) by the Spirit. Notice that throughout 1 Corinthians Chapter 12 there is a constant reference to the work of the Holy Spirit. Quoting only one here, which illustrates the Holy Spirit's instrumentality: "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking BY(emphasis mine) the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is Lord, But BY(emphasis mine) the Holy Ghost"(1 Cor. 12:3). All through that Chapter 12 it is clear and understood that the Holy Spirit is the One who is the Instrument doing the various actions. So the passage could not be made to say "in/with one Spirit". It has to be BY ONE SPIRIT, and therefore a different Spirit baptism is being spoken of here, which is separate and distinct from the Spirit baptism in Acts 1 where the Lord Jesus Christ is the baptizer.

Failure to discern the difference between these 2 baptisms has caused millions of people to be deceived and led astray into a vast number of heresies, including the "Holy Laughter" debacle, the "psycho-babble" tongues embarrassment, and the unscriptural "slain in the spirit" lunacy.

The Lord Jesus Christ had a literal circumcision on the 8th day, as all the little Jews had, and He had the real anti-typical circumcision at the cross. There the "old man" was "cut away", "severed"(circumcised), not merely symbolically,and ceremonially or typically, but in reality. And now saints of the body of Christ have in the crucified Lord Jesus Christ the real circumcision made without hands. From now on the circumcision of the unbelievers who rejected the Christ was only a concision, Philippians 3:2 KJV, a laceration.

We now have not only a complete circumcision, but also a complete baptism. We have been laid together with Him in the tomb through the baptism , as Colossians 2:12 KJVsays literally.

This is a reference to His baptism at Calvary-no water at Calvary-no water-Matthew 20:22-23 KJV/Mark 10:38-39 KJV/Luke 12:50 KJV

=the baptism of His blood at Calvary-same as Romans 6:4.. This came three years after His water baptism. In this water baptism, He IDENTIFIED Himself with Israel and with us: Luke 12:50 KJV; Matthew 20:22-23 KJV; Mark 10:38-39 KJV; Romans 6:3-4 KJV; Galatians. 3:27 KJV; Colossians. 2:12 KJV-

In Romans 6:3-4 KJV, Galatians 3:27 KJV, and Colossians 2:12 KJV we have the same water-less baptism INTO the crucified, buried, and risen Lord Jesus Christ. There is no imitation of the Jewish water rite, water baptism, but an IDENTIFICATION with His "blood bath" at Calvary. We have been baptized, IDENTIFIED, into His death: Romans 6:4. When we were just dead Gentile "dogs", He also gave us a quickening, and a resurrection through that special operation of God, not men, by the way of faith. Those "in Christ"(get it?-united) are now people that had a resurrection from among the dead, and this certainly was not material. We were dead, but now our life is hid with Christ in God-Colossians 3:3 KJV. How anomalous is it to BURY the living! The dead are buried, not the living!

Just as sure as our circumcision was without hands, Colossians 2:10-12 KJV, so also is our baptism without hands. We were quickened with the Lord Jesus Christ, and raised with Christ, but not in or through water baptism. Water baptism could not possible be a burial with the Lord Jesus Christ, for He was not buried in a liquid grave, but in rocks, and buried when dead. In contrast, the "dry baptismal" candidate is buried as soon as he has received life! That saint was raised, Col. 3:1-2, and THE SINNER "in Adam" was BURIED! Believers are not to be buried, but are most emphatically declared to have been buried, eventhose who religiously never touched a drop of water! It is not to happen, but it happened when he died and was buried, Romans 6:3-5 KJV. He was long ago baptized, IDENTIFIED, into Christ Jesus and into His death: Romans 6:2-5 KJV; Galatians 3:27 KJV; Colossians 2:10-12 KJV; Ephesians 4:5 KJV. People today read baptism in the imperative mood, whereas the LORD God wrote it in the PAST TENSE. They today read it as a prerequisite, while the LORD God states it as a prerogative. They today regard it as something material, while the LORD God regards it today as spiritual. People today regard it as for the few that obey. The LORD God says He baptized, IDENTIFIED, all believers. People today want it to be done. The LORD God says He already did it 2000 years ago. The LORD God buried the dead Lord Jesus Christ. People today want to bury living Christians.The LORD God buried in rocks. People today want to bury in water. The LORD God redeemed from the curse. People today want to "dip" the saint under the element of a curse. The LORD God made us to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, people today take joy/delight in going down to the waters of death with the tadpoles.

One Baptism - the work of the Holy Spirit that identifies, or"baptizes" the believer into the very death of Christ (see Romans 6:3-4 KJV with Galatians 2:20 KJV; Colossians 2:11-12 KJV).

This act of the Holy Ghost (the Baptizer) baptizing the believer into the death of Christ (the "element"), and thus so identifying the believer with his Lord as to make him a member of the Body of Christ, takes place the moment one believes the gospel of the Grace of God; this is the one baptism (and only) for today. (Note Ephesians 4:5 with 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). It is an operation of God, not of man (Colossians 2:11-12 KJV). Thus, we stand complete in Christ, apart from the works of men, either our own or another's. This one baptism that identifies us with the Lord Jesus Christ as members of His body was a part of a revelation received by the Apostle Paul, which he calls "the mystery"-- a secret that had been kept hidden in God before the foundation of the world, never made known to men of other ages. See Ephesians 3:1-10 KJV, Colossians 1:25-29 KJV.

These are 2 separate issues talked about in Colossians 2:10-12 KJV. Understanding "the circumcision of Christ" is to understand that this was a spiritual circumcision at the cross. While Christ's spirit returned to the Father, God the Father "severed" Christ's soul from His body at the cross(the physical circumcision was a severing of the flesh from the body) Christ's soul went to hell, "separated" from His physical body-"made without hands"=God the Father performing this spiritual circumcision. Likewise, when you were saved, who you were "in Adam" was severed from your body-our "soul" was separated from "the body of the sins of the flesh".

Per the previous, the baptism here is also a spiritual one. Baptism means to identify for the purposes of union, oneness, change in condition, status, IDENTITY. This is a reference to the fact that when Christ was buried, believers were "identified" with the Lord Jesus Christ in this burial.

Also note that Romans 6:3-4 KJV states that we were baptized into Christ's death, and Galatians 3:27 KJV states we are baptized into Christ= when Christ died, I died. When Christ was buried, I was buried. When Christ rose from the dead, I rose from the dead.

Colossians 2:12 KJV:

"...ye are risen with him")=God the Father "identified" me in the death, burial, and resurrection.

Again, in this dispensation, the LORD God is now reconciling Jews and Gentiles to Himself in one body purely through faith in the completed work of the Lord Jesus Christ at Calvary (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV). The very instant a believer trusts the Gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), he is "by one Spirit baptized into one body" (1 Cor.12:13) and thus "baptized into Christ" (Gal.3:27). There is no opportunity for a water ceremony here. No human rite or ceremony can consign the believer "into Christ." No, the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5 KJV) of the "one Body" is performed by "One Spirit", not by a preacher, priest. pastor...............

The working of positional truth of being "in Christ" is this Spirit baptism. So absolutely adequate is our position in Christ by virtue of this Spirit performed baptism that we are told in Colossians 2:10 KJV "....And ye are complete in Him."

Last edited:

glorydaz

Yep, I guess it's easier to ignore the miracle of the earthquake opening all the jail doors. Maybe God should have sent a letter to the jailer telling him it was from God and meant for Paul. ;)

My problem here is it never faded.

I don't think you've read much of Paul have you?

Paul's last conversion in scripture before his arrest he is baptizing believers in the name of Jesus. Just as they did on Pentecost. It never faded.

You're kidding right? He was released right away, and went on preaching the Gospel.
You think none were saved by the preaching of the Gospel?

Also, if it's not part of this dispensation, why would Paul baptize the jailer?
33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.[/B].
Having believed included being baptized.

Faith plus works. :think:

I think the jailer was saved as a result of a miracle (as was Cornelius). He feared God and performed righteous works.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.​

That's the Kingdom Gospel....not the Gospel of Grace.

glorydaz

When you finally acknowledge the Lord Jesus as Lord God

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.​

, the Holy Spirit will come and dwell in you....filling you with the love of God, and joining you to Christ's body.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Until then, you are working hard to understand spiritual things....all to no avail. :sigh:

Right Divider

Body part
I'm applying it to how a Christian is converted. That's what we're talking about right? HOW one is added.

This doesn't explain nor show exactly how one is baptized BY the Spirit into the body. God has given us several conversions so we can read and understand. Could you use one of those and show me how one is baptized BY the Spirit into the body?
You and your "CF" (conversion fixation). Get some immediate help.

We are baptized BY one Spirit INTO the body when we believe the gospel of our salvation. It is just a simple as that, but YOU cannot see the truth.

Rosenritter

I wonder if those arguing for baptism without water also practice communion without bread or wine, song without music, and prayer without words. To me it sounds more like an unwillingness to "take up your cross and follow me" if it means getting wet.

glorydaz

Gotta laugh at these dumb attack questions. By the "why aren't you building an ark" question, if applied to common analogy, there should also be a "pizza" dispensation, a "Chinese takeout dispensation", and a "Starbucks" dispensation to cover each of the three requests to different people.

Applying that reasoning to God, there should be a "talk to Pharaoh" dispensation, a "go to Egypt" dispensation, a "come out of Egypt" dispensation, a "go into Canaan" dispensation, a "don't go into Canaan" dispensation, a "go again into Canaan" dispensation, so on and so forth. Every time there is an instruction to someone different you make a new dispensation, and use that artificial divider to make each and everything non-applicable to everything else.

Maybe he was secretly a Jewish jailer.

I wonder if those arguing for baptism without water also practice communion without bread or wine, song without music, and prayer without words. To me it sounds more like an unwillingness to "take up your cross and follow me" if it means getting wet.

This one must having nothing to add....even the mockery is lame. :chuckle:

Paul did have that effect on some people.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

glorydaz

"Take up your cross and follow me" wasn't for the Grace believer. :doh:

Taking up your cross and following are works of the flesh.

Why do these folks insist on trying to follow the law? Even worse, they hope to shame us into becoming entangled in the same yoke of bondage they are (see yellow above).

Danoh

"Take up your cross and follow me" wasn't for the Grace believer. :doh:

Taking up your cross and following are works of the flesh.

Why do these folks insist on trying to follow the law? Even worse, they hope to shame us into becoming entangled in the same yoke of bondage they are (see yellow above).

Actually, the principle of taking up one's cross / or denying oneself, is the same in both dispensations or economies - but both its intent and application differs in each (economy).

In the former, they were called unto what was basically impossible to maintain as to righteousness, in that the command itself was weak through (due to) the flesh (given their weakness in the flesh), and had therefore been more about making them aware of the fact that within them dwelt sin.

In contrast, Paul was able to assert he was crucified unto the world and that the world was crucified unto him, because the death that Christ died to, and that Paul had died to in Him, was to the body of sin working in one's members, that it might be destroyed of its power over the Believer.

Grace is able to enable one to do what the Law could not - to deny ungodliness.

Whereas, as Peter put it, the Law had been a burden even they had been unable to bear.

In contrast, Paul asserts one IS able to standfast.

Why?

The liberty wherewith Christ hath set us free - from the principle of sin and death.

Same principle - of self- denial - in both economies, but different in intent and application in each.

Theirs had been based on a Law of Commandments contained in ordinances that were against one - towards the intent that sin might appear...sin, Romans 7:13..

Ours is based on sin having been dealt with, put away, by the sacrifice of Himself (of Christ).

In other words, ours is based on Romans 5:6-8.

Note:

This concept of a same principle in both economies, that is at the same time different in intent and application in each, is a common one in Scripture.

While the unawareness of it, is why so many non-mads end up erroneously concluding that so much that is not the same in Scripture, is in fact a "one size fits all."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.