ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosixx

Acts 5:42 KJV
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Translated: They went to the temple, "post Pentecost," straight from the law,observed
"the hour of prayer," at 3 P. M, per Acts 3:1 KJV, right out of the law, per Daniel 6:10(To be done 3 times a day)T KJV, Psalms 5:7 KJV, Psalms 28:2 KJV, Psalms 68:31 KJV, but never taught other to do the same.

You lied. Why? What is your motivation?

Mattehew 28 KJV, "post resurrection:"
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

"Boot Camp, for forty days, "post resurrection:"

Bible search results

Acts 1:3 KJV

to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Acts 2:46 KJV

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts 3:1-3 KJV, Acts 3:8 KJV, Acts 3:10 KJV

1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.2 And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;3 who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms...........8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God....10 and they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

Acts 4:1 KJV

And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

Levitical priests, right out of the law, the temple...

Acts 5:20-21 KJV, Acts 5:24-25 KJV

20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.21
And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought....24 Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow.25 Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people.

What temple do you attend, and how do you explain that you are not teaching the law, to those that observe you keeping that same law?

Talk to the hand. I wanted to discuss baptism and all you could do is hurl insults. Get lost child.

Right Divider

Body part
Why will you not explain what Paul is talking about?
No need, I showed a clear definition of the doctrines for the body of Christ.

The passages you quoted DO NOT contain "in the name of".
You should really get some help with your fixations.

How can we understand what "in the name of" baptism is if you ignore passages that contain it?
"In the name of" means "by the authority of"... it's as simple as that.

turbosixx

No need, I showed a clear definition of the doctrines for the body of Christ.
I agree with those passages.

"In the name of" means "by the authority of"... it's as simple as that.
Your opinion means nothing to me. I test what people tell me by confirming it against scripture. Show me scriptures that deal with "in the name of" to prove your point, then I might understand what your trying to tell me. As long as you refuse to address them, I see you as being blind.

You're fooling yourself by not taking serious what it means to be baptized "in the name of".

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Your opinion means nothing to me.

It's not his opinion. It's a fact.

bdb4fd9e92996a06b277d2d7ed3807c9.jpg

"by the authority of"

:think:

I test what people tell me by confirming it against scripture. Show me scriptures that deal with "in the name of" to prove your point, then I might understand what your trying to tell me. As long as you refuse to address them, I see you as being blind.

You're fooling yourself by not taking serious what it means to be baptized "in the name of".

:blabla:

Right Divider

Body part
Then what is the ONE baptism that Paul is describing?

Your opinion means nothing to me.
And yours to me.

I test what people tell me by confirming it against scripture.
Everyone says that, even me.

Show me scriptures that deal with "in the name of" to prove your point, then I might understand what your trying to tell me.
Are you really so dense as to not understand figures of speech (this explains much of your confusion).

As long as you refuse to address them, I see you as being blind.
:mock: You see?

I understand it completely.

The ONE baptism for the body of Christ is baptism BY the Spirit INTO the body.

Right Divider

Body part
Why not use scripture to prove your point??
We do, but you cannot change your mind to understand it.

Mat 28:18-20 KJV And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In the name of means by the authority of there. Three names, one authority. The authority of God.

turbosixx

We do, but you cannot change your mind to understand it.

Mat 28:18-20 KJV And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In the name of means by the authority of there. Three names, one authority. The authority of God.

You are correct.

HOW did the apostles baptize them "by the authority of"?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why not use scripture to prove your point??
"In the name of" occurs 65 times in the NKJV.

Deuteronomy 18:5,7,20,22, 21:5; 1 Samuel 17:45, 20:42, 25:9; 2 Samuel 6:18; 1 Kings 18:32, 22:16; 2 Kings 2:24; 1 Chronicles 16:2, 21:19; 2 Chronicles 18:15, 33:18; Ezra 5:1; Esther 3:12, 8:10; Psalm 20:5, 118:10-12,26; 124:8, 129:8; Isaiah 50:10; Jeremiah 11:21, 26:9,16,20, 44:16; Micah 4:5; Zephaniah 3:12; Zechariah 13:3

That's all the OT uses.

Would you like me to continue with the NT? or is that enough evidence for you that "in the name of" means "by the authority of"?

turbosixx

Water.... until God told him otherwise. (1 Cor 1:17).

I agree. Paul water baptized the Corinthians. That is his point in saying Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? They were all water baptized in Jesus's name, not the name of a man. When Paul water baptized Crispus, he did so in the name of Jesus.

1:17 is not saying baptism is not part of the gospel.
If you believe it is, then WHY would Paul ever baptize people just as Jesus instructed, repeatedly, if it's not part of the gospel?

Do you see my problem with what you're telling me and what I read in scripture? Paul did just as Jesus instructed. Right up to the very last conversion of Paul's that God gives us, he is baptizing in the name of Jesus. He never stopped.

turbosixx

"In the name of" occurs 65 times in the NKJV.

Deuteronomy 18:5,7,20,22, 21:5; 1 Samuel 17:45, 20:42, 25:9; 2 Samuel 6:18; 1 Kings 18:32, 22:16; 2 Kings 2:24; 1 Chronicles 16:2, 21:19; 2 Chronicles 18:15, 33:18; Ezra 5:1; Esther 3:12, 8:10; Psalm 20:5, 118:10-12,26; 124:8, 129:8; Isaiah 50:10; Jeremiah 11:21, 26:9,16,20, 44:16; Micah 4:5; Zephaniah 3:12; Zechariah 13:3

That's all the OT uses.

Would you like me to continue with the NT? or is that enough evidence for you that "in the name of" means "by the authority of"?

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I do not have a problem with "in the name of" being by the authority of. The problem I have is how does that apply to baptism. HOW did the apostles baptize someone "in the name of" Jesus?

Wouldn't it be wise to read scriptures that deal with baptism "in the name of" to understand what it means to be baptized "in the name of"?

john w

Hall of Fame
Talk to the hand. I wanted to discuss baptism and all you could do is hurl insults. Get lost child.

Translated: The old "wounded soul....accusation of hate" routine, that was inevitable, and your....

miami-punter-flop.gif

...of your own argument of...

Key word IMAGINE. I've seen no proof they taught the law.

....leaving you bloodied, about to slump, in a heap, on the mat, needing to go to "the hour of Happy," again...

sport-boxer-boxing_ring-pugilist-pugilism-comeback_fight-twln1252_low.jpg

Take your seat.

Right Divider

Body part
I agree. Paul water baptized the Corinthians. That is his point in saying Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? They were all water baptized in Jesus's name, not the name of a man.
Jesus was not a man?

When Paul water baptized Crispus, he did so in the name of Jesus.
Why did he not follow Christ's instructions like the one He gave the 12 (11 at the time) per Matt 28: 19?

1:17 is not saying baptism is not part of the gospel.
If you believe it is, then WHY would Paul ever baptize people just as Jesus instructed, repeatedly, if it's not part of the gospel?
Jesus instructed baptism in the name of the Father, AND of the Son, AND of the Holy Ghost.

Do you see my problem with what you're telling me and what I read in scripture? Paul did just as Jesus instructed. Right up to the very last conversion of Paul's that God gives us, he is baptizing in the name of Jesus. He never stopped.
You have a fixation on what you consider "conversions". It's just another one of your fixations that does not allow you to see the truth.

Why was Paul disobeying the instruction of Matt 28:19? Did Paul receiver other instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.