ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes or no: we are to discern false teachers by their works, a good tree will not bring forth bad fruit, a good plant will not bring for thorns?
You can try to hang on to instructions that don't belong to you all that you want. Millions (perhaps billions) do it all the time.

And how should we interpret your omission of "love thy enemy" and "love one another?" Is that only for the Jew, or is that universal as well?
So now you just want to be a nit-picker since I didn't include EVERY universal principle in scripture?

Rosenritter

So now you just want to be a nit-picker since I didn't include EVER universal principle in scripture?

It was a simple question and considering your "MAD" stance quite justified.

Is "love thy enemy" a commandment only for the Jews? (as some MAD proponents on these boards have claimed?) Or is it universally applicable?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It was a simple question and considering your "MAD" stance quite justified.

Is "love thy enemy" a commandment only for the Jews? (as some MAD proponents on these boards have claimed?) Or is it universally applicable?
We should love everyone.
We should also hate those who do evil, and yes, both love and hate simultaneously, if necessary.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think that we are to love the person while hating their evil actions.

I don't think that it's possible to do two contradictory things at the same time.
Then let me ask you this:

In Proverbs, we see that the Lord God hates 7 things:

These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren. - Proverbs 6:16-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs6:16-19&version=NKJV

Now, does God hate the appearance, the tongue, the hands, the heart, the feet of those who do those things?

Or does He hate the one who does and is those things?

The last two are the ones where this is especially clear:

God hates the one who does those things...

The one who has a proud look.
The one who has a lying tongue.
The one who sheds innocent blood with his hands.
The one who devises wicked plans in his mind.
The one who quickly runs to evil.
The one who bears false witness.
And the one who causes contention.

turbosixx

Paul was wrong?

Clarify

Sorry I didn't explain. Before his conversion Paul had a clear conscience that he was doing God's will but he was wrong. Thinking with all our heart that we are right isn't proof we are right. We must compare that with scripture.

turbosixx

They were converted by hearing the Gospel of Grace. It doesn't get much simpler than that. They were not converted by keeping the law of commandments or any other work of the flesh (such as water baptism).

There's a lot I could reply to in your post but to keep it simple and to the point I will address this comment. That sermon of Paul's you quoted from Acts 13 is the same sermon Peter preached in Acts 2. If they had believed Paul, Paul would have baptized them just as he has done with his other conversions but they rejected the gospel.

The conversions we read about, that have any detail, ALL contain water baptism. Even the multiple ones done by Paul.

I have yet to get a scripture supported answer to this question that totally goes against what MAD is preaching. Maybe you can.

WHY would Paul, on all his journeys after preaching the gospel to non-Christians, baptize them after they heard him and believed just as the other apostles and as Jesus instructed? WHY? Scripture support please.

turbosixx

Are you willing to debate your deceit, satanic debating ploys, and that you don't "believe Jesus," based upon your argument/premise?

So there.

I just thought you might want to display to everyone that you are as good as you claim.

turbosixx

And, of course, you have proof of this... right?

I sure believe I do. I is my understanding that Spiritual gifts were given by the laying of the apostles hands. Those who received the gifts could not transfer them to another. So everyone who could give or had them are dead.

If you disagree, I would love to see your scriptural support.

Thanks

Danoh

Then let me ask you this:

In Proverbs, we see that the Lord God hates 7 things:

These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren. - Proverbs 6:16-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs6:16-19&version=NKJV

Now, does God hate the appearance, the tongue, the hands, the heart, the feet of those who do those things?

Or does He hate the one who does and is those things?

The last two are the ones where this is especially clear:

God hates the one who does those things...

The one who has a proud look.
The one who has a lying tongue.
The one who sheds innocent blood with his hands.
The one who devises wicked plans in his mind.
The one who quickly runs to evil.
The one who bears false witness.
And the one who causes contention.

Question is, where is God on all that during this Mystery Age's Uniquely its' Own Grace?

At the Cross, that's where.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

In other words...

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

And although that is where things still are to this day, that is not the end of it.

Romans 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

But this short work upon the Earth is not His focus during this Mystery Age - no matter how tempted we might be to want to run to the Law to justify our need to turn the Law into a means of backing up our sense of unease with this fallen world.

For God has set His OWN Timeline for said repaying...

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

THAT is the case for now...

11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

For during this Mystery Age's Grace, He hath concluded all under sin, that He might have MERCY upon all - He is NOT imputing sin during this Mystery Age.

The result being that the Believer's outlook during this Mystery Age's Unique Grace, is to be that of God's Own outlook during this Mystery Age's Unique Grace...

That of...

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Philippians 1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

2 Thessalonians 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

God solved for what is to be the Believer's perspective during this Mystery Age as to the fallen ways of men, long ago, back when the same issues you have raised, were raised and solved for, in Paul's day, vis his God given replies to same.

I'm reminded of 911.

Back then, many asked "where was God?"

I remember thinking, in reply to that, back then 'where He has been for the past two thousand years - at the Cross...'

'911? It WAS nothing - compared to where God was, two thousand years ago - at the Cross!'

'911? It IS nothing - compared to where God is today - at the Cross!'

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

The ground remains level, at the foot of...The Cross.

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Question is, where is God on all that during this Mystery Age's Uniquely its' Own Grace?

At the Cross, that's where.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

In other words...

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

And although that is where things still are to this day, that is not the end of it.

Romans 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

But this short work upon the Earth is not His focus during this Mystery Age - no matter how tempted we might be to want to run to the Law to justify our need to turn the Law into a means of backing up our sense of unease with this fallen world.

For God has set His OWN Timeline for said repaying...

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

THAT is the case for now...

11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

For during this Mystery Age's Grace, He hath concluded all under sin, that He might have MERCY upon all - He is NOT imputing sin during this Mystery Age.

The result being that the Believer's outlook during this Mystery Age's Unique Grace, is to be that of God's Own outlook during this Mystery Age's Unique Grace...

That of...

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Philippians 1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

2 Thessalonians 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

God solved for what is to be the Believer's perspective during this Mystery Age as to the fallen ways of men, long ago, back when the same issues you have raised, were raised and solved for, in Paul's day, vis his God given replies to same.

I'm reminded of 911.

Back then, many asked "where was God?"

I remember thinking, in reply to that, back then 'where He has been for the past two thousand years - at the Cross...'

'911? It WAS nothing - compared to where God was, two thousand years ago - at the Cross!'

'911? It IS nothing - compared to where God is today - at the Cross!'

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

The ground remains level, at the foot of...The Cross.

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
What in the world are you talking about...?

Danoh

Sorry I didn't explain. Before his conversion Paul had a clear conscience that he was doing God's will but he was wrong. Thinking with all our heart that we are right isn't proof we are right. We must compare that with scripture.

There are other times in Scripture where he is wrong on a thing. But people tend to go by what they fail to pause to think on, a bit more, before allowing themselves their conclusions.

Once, the Lord had to put Paul in check on his insistence that because he had persecuted the Little Flock, Unbelieving Israel would hear him out.

Another time, he was warned of the Spirit not to head to Jerusalem, but went against that warning, ending himself up in all kinds of trouble.

For as Paul himself had often pointed out to his readers, he had been but a man.

And there are valuable lessons about the Grace of God, during such failings.

As for the rest of your post, well, I have no doubt you think that is what you are doing.

For you have never struck me as being up to no good.

What you have repeatedly struck me as, is both clueless about various key principles, and...clueless about your being clueless.

Result?

Your errors can't harm the MADs with your "milk."

And being as there are not many newbies to Scripture, if any, on here, you're safe as far as what possible harm your errors might result in, in others.

Of real concern, though, is the question of whether or not you are saved, to begin with.

For you preach a work (water baptism) for salvation.

No matter how fooled you have ended up unwittingly fooling yourself about that, it is very obvious.

And you have ended up where you are on that, despite the obvious to me - that you are not up to no good - you have nevertheless ended up at no good, anyway, due to the ever obvious - those many seemingly insignificant little things in various passages that you very, very often reveal you have grossly failed to consider to even notice, let alone, study out in depth, like "what might be the significance of all these Israelite practices mentioned by Luke, throughout Acts - especially, in Early Acts?"

Oh, you have an answer for such things - your own made up one.

And that right there is the rub - how blind you have ended up, that you can't even see that you have made such things up.

And every incompetent out there does that.

Which is why you do not bother to study out what the possible significance of Luke's mention of a Sabbath day's journey in Acts 1, of The Temple in Acts 2 and 3, and so on, might be.

The result being that whereas you think you have something to teach, point out, correct, or what have you, I find one has to come down to your level, only to get nowhere with you, due to the many things like the above, that you have clearly failed to even stop to reflect on, let alone, study out in depth, throughout the Scripture.

Seriously, turbo, it is no fun to have to go down to your level of "understanding" - it's always the same old pointing out the same old things to you, that you only prove you do not bother to reflect on the possible significance of...

I'll leave you with another...

Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Now why in the world would the Lord tell the Twelve they'd be fortunate if the things He was telling them of did not commence on the Sabbath day - if, per your error, they were and or were going to be members of the Body, by the time those things happened (and not the obvious, Messianic Believing, Law Keeping Israelites, He had reminded them to be, in the previous chapter, Matt. 23)?

You have rendered yourself...that blind.

Your would be good, your nevertheless, unwitting...evil.

Romans 5:6-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.