ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again, you're missing the point. Did anything change from Jesus's birth to His ascension?

No, you are smashed, as you are missing your brain, Scare Crow, and are an actor, as you argue that we are to be water baptized, because "Jesus" commanded it, and, in hypocrisy, deceit, critique others, that do not obey all of "Jesus"'s commands, including Mark 16:16-18 KJV, with....

I believe Jesus.

....and in a satanic, lying, manner, your MO on TOL, therefore accuse others of not "believing Jesus," even though you don't either obey all of his commandments. including Mark 16:17-18 KJV, the verses following the verse you cite as "proof," that you are "obeying Jesus," and others, are not.

Now-which cheek was it, that you want slapped?

Rosenritter

oh yeah whoops

The pope is the head of state. You're right.

Of a plot of land, that couldn't even fit a good sized golf course on it, with 1000 citizens.

And a military who literally wears clown costumes.

Yep, simony's alive and well because of all that political power that the pope wields.

iow, 'point stands.

The pope has no influence over citizens of other countries?

Rosenritter

I say no but I would be willing to entertain this idea. Do you have any scriptures that support this view?

None at all. That's a rough plank of the "MAD" platform though: Jesus's words only apply to the Jews, discount anything spoken in James or John or Hebrews as inapplicable to Gentile Christians, and so on and so forth.

My problem with that view is the gospel is for all. If we look at the prior verse, it tells us it's for all.
Mk. 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

When we look at this same conversation from Matthews account, we see that baptism is how someone becomes a Christian and again it's for all.
Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Also, looking at the conversions we see no discrimination as to who is converted.

... among other problems.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're creating a false dilemma, not making a logical argument. You're mixing things up from different dispensations. If your not confident challenging your understanding of truth, then by all means continue to think you know it all.

1 You are mixing things up from other dispensations, as Mark 16: 16-18 KJV is not directed to members of the boc, actor, in this dispensation.

check.

2. You DELETE verses 17-18 of Mark KJV

Why is that, deceiver?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Rosenritter

You seem to think that everything that Jesus taught as a minister of the circumcision was universal. So you confusion is understandable.

So only those that are circumcised are able to discern false teachers by their fruits? But should it be surprising that folks that spew mockery and hatred and accusations protest against being judged by their fruits, and object to standards of "love thy enemy" and "love thy neighbor" as being only applicable to the Jews?

turbosixx

No, you are smashed, as you are missing your brain, Scare Crow, and are an actor, as you argue that we are to be water baptized, because "Jesus" commanded it, and, in hypocrisy, deceit, critique others, that do not obey all of "Jesus"'s commands, including Mark 16:16-18 KJV, with....

....and in a satanic, lying, manner, your MO on TOL, therefore accuse others of not "believing Jesus," even though you don't either obey all of his commandments.

Now-which cheek was it, that you want slapped?

I obey all of Jesus's commands that apply to me. This one applies to everyone.
Mk. 166:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I would like to discuss this baptism with you but you're using your false dilemma question as a crutch. If you don't want to enter into a discussion, that is totally fine with me.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're creating a false dilemma, not making a logical argument..
How long did it take you to GOOG that oh so impressive sound byte, that you think sounds "scholarly," especially after 4 shots of Johnny Walker?

Why don't you "believe Jesus," and cure the sick, raise the dead, drink lighter fluid?

musterion

How long did it take you to GOOG that oh so impressive sound byte, that you think sounds "scholarly," especially after 4 shots of Johnny Walker?

Why don't you "believe Jesus," and cure the sick, raise the dead, drink lighter fluid?

John, John, John. Ye of so little seed faith.

When will you learn that we can't tempt God?

When HE decides to give the full gospel believers (which YOU are NOT!) the gift of drinking rattlesnake venom or jumping off the steeple, then HE will make that clear through the word of knowledge or HIS anointed pastors or prophetesses via the TV, not on some heathen half-gospel webpage run by anti-baptizing Bible choppers!

REPENT JOHN W! Paypal me a $50 seed faith gift so that God will overlook your questioning of the King's Kids!

Danoh

Your best is pretty horrible.

You like to quote this version in ISOLATION.
Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

But there is MUCH more to it than just that.
Mark 16:15-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

THESE things are ALL related to believing Israel and what THEY must endure to be saved (endure the great tribulation to the end to be saved to enter the kingdom).

Mark 16:16 is NOT talking about eternal life. This is clear by actually reading the Bible, like this part:
John 5:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Was Jesus wrong to leave out your favorite water ceremony?

P.S. The more I study the Bible the less sure I am that Jesus is even talking about water baptism in Mark 16:16. He could well be talking about the baptism of fire that John the B spoke about as well. Matt 3:11, Luke 3:16

Actually, it would be all three baptisms - the two in Acts 2:38 (water, followed by the Spirit's power from on High that was promised unto them as a confirming witness of their gospel unto Israel) and as an enablement, during the one in Matt. 3:11 (the Tribulation's trial of fire that ALL Israelites will have to endure, Matt. 13:40).

Those passages at the end of Mark 16, there, are sort of a short form of what He described to them in greater detail in the latter half of Matt. 10, and in Matt. 24.

Nehemiah 8:8.

turbosixx

1 You are mixing things up from other dispensations, as Mark 16: 16-18 KJV is not directed to members of the boc, actor, in this dispensation.

check.

2. You DELETE verses 17-18 of Mark KJV

Why is that, deceiver?

Ah but they do. If they do not, then why would Paul EVER baptize a believe just as that verse says?
8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

DELETE vs 17-18. What about verse 20?
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.

Context is our friend. Those signs were to confirm the words that the apostles spoke were from God. The word was confirmed, by the apostles, so it doesn't need to be confirmed today.

john w

Hall of Fame
I obey all of Jesus's commands that apply to me.

1. The great John W., succeeded in drawing out his concession, that not all of the commands in the book, apply to everyone. On Record.

2. I also succeeded, in showing, that his debating tactic, of "I believe Jesus" was/is a fraud, a deceptive tactic, a satanic accusation, implying that he can justify ignoring, not obeying certain commands in the book, commandments of "Jesus," with it does not " apply to me," but when others say the same, that it is not written specifically to members of the boc, does not apply to us, with our reasons, he charges us of....

"NOT BELIEVING JESUS."(like he does, of course)

Recall your "I believe Jesus" reason, as part of the premise("supporting walls") of your argument("reasons for a conclusion").

NOW. Or be exposed for the actor you are, engaging inb deceptive tactics, sophistry.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ah but they do. If they do not, then why would Paul EVER baptize a believe just as that verse says?
8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

DELETE vs 17-18. What about verse 20?
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.

Context is our friend. Those signs were to confirm the words that the apostles spoke were from God. The word was confirmed, by the apostles, so it doesn't need to be confirmed today.

Observe, the deception. He denies deleting verses 17-18, deceptively asserting that 16 is "in," and if you do not do it, you do not "believe Jesus," but 17-18 is "out." You lied. Why would you lie?

Recall your "I believe Jesus" reason, as part of the premise("supporting walls") of your argument("reasons for a conclusion").

NOW. Or be exposed for the actor you are, engaging in deceptive tactics, sophistry.

Right Divider

Body part
So only those that are circumcised are able to discern false teachers by their fruits?
Once AGAIN the fallacious arguments from you.

That's NOT what I said and that's NOT what the scripture says.

The twelve were given instructions to present their good works before the world... Matt 5:13-16

Don't forget, they were to be the priests of God to the gentile nations. Compare Matt 5 with Isaiah 61

Isa 61:1-11 KJV The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; (2) To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; (3) To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. (4) And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. (5) And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. (6) But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. (7) For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. (8) For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. (9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed. (10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (11) For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

But should it be surprising that folks that spew mockery and hatred and accusations protest against being judged by their fruits, and object to standards of "love thy enemy" and "love thy neighbor" as being only applicable to the Jews?
SOME things are universal, like loving thy neighbor.

john w

Hall of Fame

Then recall your "I believe Jesus" reason, as part of the premise("supporting walls") of your argument("reasons for a conclusion").

NOW. Or be exposed for the actor you are, engaging in deceptive tactics, sophistry.

john w

Hall of Fame
I obey all of the Lord Jesus Christ's commands, that apply to me, as a member of the boc. Mark 16:16-18 KJV does not apply to members of the boc, in this dispensation. And if turbosixx asserts that means that "I don't believe Jesus," it testifies further, that he is a deceptive troll, a hypocrite, engaging in further sophistry, satanic debating ploys.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I obey all of Jesus's commands that apply to me. This one applies to everyone.
Mk. 166:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

I would like to discuss this baptism with you but you're using your false dilemma question as a crutch. If you don't want to enter into a discussion, that is totally fine with me.
It's CHERRY-PICKING time again everyone!

turbosixx

Then recall your "I believe Jesus" reason, as part of the premise("supporting walls") of your argument("reasons for a conclusion").

You're ignorance of scripture, unwillingness to debate and continual leaning on your false dilemma crutches just shows your lack of intelligence. I'll wait for someone who can actually use their mind to debate what they understand to be truth.

Continue to think your as smart as you are. It's not much but at least you've got that.

turbosixx

I obey all of the Lord Jesus Christ's commands, that apply to me, as a member of the boc. Mark 16:16-18 does not apply to members of the boc, in this dispensation. And if turbosixx asserts that means that "I don't believe Jesus," it testifies further, that he is a deceptive troll, a hypocrite, engaging in further sophistry, satanic debating ploys.

How does it not apply in this dispensation? Paul practiced it, multiple times. WHY if it doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.