ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Actually I do my very best to make sure verses/passages agree with context and the rest of scripture.
Your best is pretty horrible.

You like to quote this version in ISOLATION.
Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

But there is MUCH more to it than just that.
Mark 16:15-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

THESE things are ALL related to believing Israel and what THEY must endure to be saved (endure the great tribulation to the end to be saved to enter the kingdom).

Mark 16:16 is NOT talking about eternal life. This is clear by actually reading the Bible, like this part:
John 5:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Was Jesus wrong to leave out your favorite water ceremony?

P.S. The more I study the Bible the less sure I am that Jesus is even talking about water baptism in Mark 16:16. He could well be talking about the baptism of fire that John the B spoke about as well. Matt 3:11, Luke 3:16

john w

Hall of Fame
My problem with that view is the gospel is for all. If we look at the prior verse, it tells us it's for all.
Mk. 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

1. Fine. Mark 16:17-18 KJV is thus also "for all"=Do it, and report back to us.

Matthew 28:20 KJV
teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Obey "all" of His commandments, since, as you argue, "it's for all."

Agreed?

I know, I know....My dear dear misguided, deluded John W:Your lack of understanding causes you to not understand "The Big Picture." you see, uh, urr,.....We will pray for you.....

Right Divider

Body part
Your position is shaky at best and approaching the preposterous. "Judge them by their fruits" is universal in application. You would have us believe that false teachers would only bring forth bad fruit or thorns to a select handful of people in the first century? That thereafter the very reality of the world and spirit changes to make this no longer relevant???
You seem to think that everything that Jesus taught as a minister of the circumcision was universal. So you confusion is understandable.

turbosixx

Observe, TOL, the deception- He/she, on record, argues:

He/she, thus argues that we should obey Mark 16:16 KJV, because it is one of "Jesus's commandment(s)."; if we do not, he/she concludes, then, that us wacko dispy's do not "believe Jesus."

Fine. I challenged him/her, based upon that argument, to sell all he/she has, offer the gift that Moses commanded, and show himself/herself to a Levitical priest, raise the dead, tell no one that "Jesus" is the Christ......................,each one of these being "Jesus's commandment," as "Jesus" commanded these also, and to pick up vipers, drink anti-freeze(per the verses that follow the Mark 16:16 KJV, the verse he/she quotes, as proof text that we are to "believe Jesus" and water baptize), Mark 16:18 KJV(*), which he/she conveniently left out, which is the typical ploy, deceptive debating tactics,of "post one verse in isolation"'s, such as turbosixx, or turbotrixx, ignoring "what proceedeth, and what followeth."

And what do we get from him/her, in response? He/she sidesteps the issue, his/her own argument, stumbles, falls into a ditch, by "Oprah"ing us with "This just shows your lack of understanding of the scriptures and the big picture..."=evasion...changing the subject...moving the goal posts...create a moving target...filler....

Now-sell all you have, show yourself to a Levitical priest, raise the dead, drink lighter fluid, pick up a rattler, head on over to "General Hospital," and help Luke and Laura to cure the sick,....................

Don't you "believe "Jesus?"

Your "big picture" is also called "Three Card Monty," a con game.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

You're throwing a lot of things in there, things that don't belong together from a dispensational stand point. Let's take a few at a time and discuss those if you don't mind.

For starters, "offer the gift that Moses commanded, and show himself/herself to a Levitical priest" Now these are obviously from the law of Moses. So my question, is baptism in the name of Jesus from the law of Moses?

For the record, I'm a dude.
My name is Tommy

turbosixx

1. Fine. Mark 16:17-18 is thus also for "all." Do it, since "it's for all," and report back to us.

Matthew 28:20 KJV
teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Obey "all" of His commandments, since, as you argue, "it's for all."

Agreed?

I know, I know....My dear dear misguided, deluded John W:Your lack of understanding causes you to not understand "The Big Picture." you see, uh, urr,.....We will pray for you.....

I'm sure you agree with different dispensations. Things from different dispensations belong in their respective dispensations. You're mixing them up.

john w

Hall of Fame
Was it water yes, but also how do you believe the baptism was performed?

Evasion. Based upon my argument, as pertaining to this made up "immersion" of yours/others, and that all baptisms pertain to water, another made up assertion, what is your point?

Rhetorical q-you should not be posting, after hitting "Happy Hour" this early.

Sell all you have.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm sure you agree with different dispensations. Things from different dispensations belong in their respective dispensations. You're mixing them up.

1.Translation: You agree that not all of the commandments of "Jesus," are addressed to for every individual.

Thanks for the concession speech, coached in...

2. Continued deception, as you now "argue," that Mark 16:16 KJV is for this dispensation, but Mark 16:17-18 KJV is not, and you deceptively argue because "Jesus said" to obey a command, that means we are to obey Mark 16:16 KJV, but not Mark 16:17-18 KJV, not Matthew 28:20 KJV, not (fill in the blank,), but then, in hypocrisy, you criticize those, that take a dispensational viewpoint, for not obeying all of "Jesus"'s commandments, and us, explaining why, at length, why we do not, with:

"Don't you believe Jesus?"

Which one of your cheeks, do you want slapped, actor/actress?

turbosixx

Evasion. Based upon my argument, as pertaining to this made up "immersion" of yours/others, and that all baptisms pertain to water, another made up assertion, what is your point?

Rhetorical q-you should not be posting, after hitting "Happy Hour" this early.

Sell all you have.

We are not talking about all baptisms. My question was about John's baptism. I've read where details are very important to you. What are the details of Johns baptism from your understanding?

turbosixx

1.Translation: You agree that not all of the commandments of "Jesus," are addressed to for every individual.

Thanks for the concession speech, coached in...

2. Continued deception, as you now "argue," that Mark 16:16 KJV is for this dispensation, but Mark 16:17-18 KJV is not, and you deceptively argue because "Jesus said" to obey a command, that means we are to obey Mark 16:16 KJV, but not Mark 16:17-18 KJV, not Matthew 28:20 KJV, not (fill in the blank,), but then, in hypocrisy, you criticize those, that take a dispensational viewpoint, for not obeying all of "Jesus"'s commandments, and us, explaining why, at length, why we do not, with:

"Don't you believe Jesus?"

Which one of your cheeks, do you want slapped, actor/actress?

You must not understand scripture if this is the best defense you can put up.

john w

Hall of Fame

=I can selectively obey some of "Jesus"'s commandments,ignoring others, often in the same chapter, but others cannot, and if others do not obey certain commands of "Jesus," they "don't believe Jesus."

3_2_14_programimage.jpg

...turbosixx! Take a bow...

turbosixx

=I can selectively obet some of "Jesus"'s commandments, but others cannot, and if others do not obey certain commands of "Jesus," they "don't believe Jesus."

3_2_14_programimage.jpg

...turbosixx! Take a bow...

So from Jesus's birth to His ascension, nothing changed?

john w

Hall of Fame
You must not understand scripture if this is the best defense you can put up.

Translation: I picked you apart, leaving you bloodied, on the mat, and on the side of the road,in a ditch, reduced to spam sound bytes, grunts, copy'npaste cotton candy "Oprah" mumbling, until your fellow actors, from the PSOA("The Pharaseeical Society Of America)find you, and pump you up, with more hypocrisy, sophistry.

Sell all you have,drink "Mr. Clean," cure the sick, raise the dead...........

Fraud.

turbosixx

Translation: I picked you apart, leaving you bloodied, on the mat, and on the side of the road,in a ditch, reduced to spam sound bytes, grunts, copy'npaste cotton candy "Oprah" mumbling, until your fellow actors, from the PSOA("The Pharaseeical Society Of America)find you, and pump you up, with more hypocrisy, sophistry.

Sell all you have,drink "Mr. Clean," cure the sick, raise the dead...........

Fraud.

You TALK like you have it all figured out. What are you afraid of?

It's a simple question?

What are the details of John's baptism? From scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
We are not talking about all baptisms. My question was about John's baptism. I've read where details are very important to you. What are the details of Johns baptism from your understanding?

We are talking about you argument, and hypocrisy, and your moving the goal posts, again.

I believe Jesus.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved

Fine.

Matthew 16:20 KJV

Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Hush, please.

Why don't you 'believe Jesus?"

john w

Hall of Fame
You TALK like you have it all figured out. What are you afraid of?

It's a simple question?

What are the details of John's baptism? From scripture.

Why are you so smashed, that you move the goal posts, evading your argument?

Check.

I believe Jesus.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved

Fine.

Sell all you have.

Luke 18:22 KJV

Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Do it. No? Why don't you "believe Jesus?"What are you afraid of? It's a simple question?

Fun!

turbosixx

We are talking about you argument, and hypocrisy, and your moving the goal posts, again.

Fine.

Matthew 16:20 KJV

Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Hush, please.

Why don't you 'believe Jesus?"

Again, you're missing the point. Did anything change from Jesus's birth to His ascension?

turbosixx

Why are you so smashed, that you move the goal posts, evading your argument?

Check.

Fine.

Sell all you have.

Luke 18:22 KJV

Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Do it. No? Why don't you "believe Jesus?"What are you afraid of? It's a simple question?

Fun!

You're creating a false dilemma, not making a logical argument. You're mixing things up from different dispensations. If your not confident challenging your understanding of truth, then by all means continue to think you know it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.