ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

SaulToPaul 2

"The Great Commission"

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

The Twelve will be resurrected and complete this when the LORD returns. How will they complete this? Airplanes?
Uber?

Nah. They will appear and disappear just as the LORD did in the 40 days after his resurrection.

Luke 17:21 (KJV)

Danoh

"The Great Commission"

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

The Twelve will be resurrected and complete this when the LORD returns. How will they complete this? Airplanes?
Uber?

Nah. They will appear and disappear just as the LORD did in the 40 days after his resurrection.

Luke 17:21 (KJV)

That passage in Luke 17:21 is talking about sudden destruction that will come that no man will know the hour of. As in the days of Noah, etc.

Interplanner

The kingdom is within you: in their midst, ready to be implemented

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

That's a collective plural, so another way to put it is: '...among all of you.' That gets away from the inner vs outer issue which isn't the idea. The point is it is already at work right there.

Danoh

That's a collective plural, so another way to put it is: '...among all of you.' That gets away from the inner vs outer issue which isn't the idea. The point is it is already at work right there.

"Would you like some fries WITH that TEXT?"

People use the phrase "that's not what I'd meant..." where they find that what they have said has been misinterpreted.

The intended sense of their words having been misinterpreted, where their hearer had failed to first attempt to consider, if also not to seek out first, the nature or sense of things under which said words were spoken, to begin with.

That right there is your repeated failure.

That right there is both your recurrent pattern, and it's equally recurrent erroneous result.

For the Greek by itself is often simply not enough when attempting to determine the nature or sense of things under which what words have been spoken or written, have been.

The nature, or sense of things under which said words were used, when they were, is crucial.

Context = "with" plus the "text" in question: that which surrounds, accompanies, or is also a part of, the text in question.

Your reliance on the Greek often does help you get the intended sense of the individual words.

I easily concede that, where warranted.

Your problem, then?

You too often end up reading into things, understandings foreign to the nature or sense of things under which those words in question were uttered, to begin with.

Because you OVER RELY on BOTH the Greek and your OWN TOO SOON formed conclusions.

Result?

Understandings not only foreign to the text, but understandings that appear sound to you only due to the too soon sense of things in which are looking at things from.

Also, understandings that you have so run with by the time you present them, that by the time you do present them, their resulting weeds have grown so high a wall in front of the eyes of your understanding, that all you are able see, is your error, as truth.

As a result, your errors end up appearing sound only to you and anyone who is often proven just as negligent and or clueless of all the above, as you consistently prove you have been.

In this, it is no surprise who agrees with your errors, where they do.

Objectivity absolutely demands I ever be willing to concede any point of yours I find sound and without hesitation, if I myself wish to remain a bit freer from ending up at your same above kinds of problems.

At the same time, it is this very willingness on my part to apply the principles I have herein laid out, whenever I read your posts, that has allowed me to practically read your mind through your results, back to your errors through them, and that I have herein been able to describe, with pin point accuracy.

Your response?

You will take personal offence.

Prohibited once more, by your own hand, from learning anything of use by it, with which you could begin to allow yourself to begin to free yourself from your above errors.

There really is no room in learning for allowing oneself to take personal offence.

All it shows is that its' owner has violated the above in this also; where said owner could have allowed their self to become curious instead, with the underlying structure behind not only how words communicate meaning, but also, just as fascinated about how we, their receiver, are perceiving them, in the very moment in which we are taking them in.

You're not exactly stupid.

Rather, your erroneous approach ends you up looking like you are; despite, and to the great detriment of your very obvious fascination, with the things of the Bible.

But again, one learns about a thing, from it, in its own waters - not in another's "adventures in Scripture" - the endless parroting of men forever parroting men, that is your equally obvious, ever endless over reliance on books "about" for your borrowed sense of things.

Get - in - THE - Book!

Neh. 8:8; Isaiah 8:20; 2 Cor. 4:13-14; 2 Tim. 3:16-17.

Truster

On the day of Pentecost those who believed Peter's message were being saved. That means that Peter did preach a gospel that day and that gospel was not the "gospel of grace." We can know this because before anyone can be baptized with water they must first believe (Acts 8:36-37) and here we read that those who gladly received Peter's words were baptized:

"Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls" (Acts 2:41).​

We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross. Peter used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the deity of Jesus and the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"
(Acts 2:36).​

Dr. Stanley D. Toussaint, Senior Professor Emeritus of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary (Acts 2), writes the following commentary on Acts 2:36:

"Here is the conclusion to Peter's sermon. The noun 'Lord', referring to 'Christ', probably is a reference to Yahweh. The same word 'kyrios' is used of 'God' in verses 21, 34, and 39 (cf. Phil. 2:9). This is a strong affirmation of Christ's deity"
(The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament, ed. Walvoord & Zuck, [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 359).​

The Jews who believed that Jesus is Christ, God come in the flesh, were "born of God". Dr. Zane Hodges, past Chairman of of the New Testament Department at Dallas Theological Seminary, writes the following in regard to Peter's words:

"Peter concludes his address with the assertion that 'God has made this Jesus, whom you have crucified, both Lord and Christ' (2:36). His hearers then reply, 'Men and brethren, what shall we do?' (2:37). But such a reaction presumes their acceptance of Peter's claim that they have crucified the one who is Lord and Christ. If this is what they now believe, then they were already regenerated on Johannine terms, since John wrote: 'Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God' (1 John 5:1; cf. John 20:31)" [emphasis added] (Hodges, The Gospel Under Siege, 101).​

Here are the verses to which Hodges makes reference: "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,5).

On the day of Pentecost those who believed the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, were "born of God" and saved. This "good news" is the same good news which was first preached to the Jews:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"
(Ro.1:16).​

The "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Jews first was different "good news" which was later preached to the Gentiles.

The fact you use the term gospel proves that you haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about. Nor have you had the experience of the power within the evangelism to save those that trust.

Interplanner

The fact you use the term gospel proves that you haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about. Nor have you had the experience of the power within the evangelism to save those that trust.

How a person can quote Rom 1:16 and think there are two gospels there is insanity. 2P2P does.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

This is an absurd statement towards [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] .

He's like a pollite Pit Bull towards anyone that questions a word of (John 5:39f or Ephesians 2:8f)

# How does your foot taste, Truster?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Romans 1:1-4 (KJV) and Romans 1:16 (KJV).
There you have two gospels mentioned in the same chapter.

Will Hunting: "How you like them apples?"

[MENTION=17235]Interplanner[/MENTION] "
giphy.gif
"

[MENTION=7053]SaulToPaul[/MENTION] "
giphy.gif
"

From SaulToPaul to Interpolated; "See the sad thing about a guy like you, is in about 50 years you’re gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you’re gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One, don't do that. And two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a #######’ education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the Public Library."​

SaulToPaul 2

[MENTION=17235]Interplanner[/MENTION] "
giphy.gif
"

[MENTION=7053]SaulToPaul[/MENTION] "
giphy.gif
"

From SaulToPaul to Interpolated; "See the sad thing about a guy like you, is in about 50 years you’re gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you’re gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One, don't do that. And two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a #######’ education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the Public Library."​

Exactly!

IP simply regurgitates what his commentaries say.

Jerry Shugart

The fact you use the term gospel proves that you haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about.

Since you consider yourself an expert of the gospel of Christ please answer a simple question for me.

What gospel were the Twelve Apostles preaching at Acts 9:6 since at that time they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34)?

Interplanner

Since you consider yourself an expert of the gospel of Christ please answer a simple question for me.

What gospel were the Twelve Apostles preaching at Acts 9:6 since at that time they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34)?

The question is a fraud. They knew and were blocking it out. The proof of this is Peter's vehement reaction to Christ at his confession, before the Trans. Jerry's question is completely and dishonestly 'loaded' with the biases of 2P2P.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

I told you. Wine and roses pal.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Danoh

The question is a fraud. They knew and were blocking it out. The proof of this is Peter's vehement reaction to Christ at his confession, before the Trans. Jerry's question is completely and dishonestly 'loaded' with the biases of 2P2P.

You have yet to prove your many erroneous assertions, including; your above...

John 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, 20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. 20:8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. 20:9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

YOU are the fraud.

YOURS is EVER nothing more than YOUR parroting men, PARROTING men, all the way back to when YOUR KIND first went South on "the Law and the Prophets" the above REMAINS based on.

This is YOU exactly...

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.