ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Interplanner

thanks intoJoy, I had not included Peter's Mt 16 denial when responding. The group's denial is a real case study...in denial!

Danoh

Here my friends,

God's program with Israel.
They exit Egypt

They receive the 613 Commandments

They fail under Moses

They fail under the Judges

They demand king

Towards the end of the Monarchial phase God begins to send in the prophets that begin foretelling a future kingdom of Israel with a God Man King the Messiah

Isaiah prophecies for the first time that the Messiah would be put to death for the sins of the people

They are led into captivity in Babylon

The prophets prophecy of the Messiah's reign from Jerusalem and the end of the times of the Gentiles

John the Baptist preaches that the Messiah is here and the kingdom will be put into reality

Messiah is born just as was told

Messiah begins ministry of offering the kingdom to Israel

Messiah is rejected by Israel in Mt 12

Messiah institutes a policy of silence and now teaches only his disciples what will happen to the kingdom now that it was rejected but for the nation Messiah only gives them parables so that they can't understand His new mission (only new to them but not to God nor to the prophet Isaiah who predicted all of this).

The disciples are confused as to why the kingdom ain't droppin like its hot right then n there

Messiah explains that He must be killed and the Peter protests

Messiah gives His life for man's sins and is buried and resurrected

The disciples are depressed and confused at this point they had already acknowledged Messiah as God but still want the end to gentile domination

Messiah meets with His disciples and opens their understanding to all of the scriptures that taught of His substitutionary death burial and resurrection from the OT scriptures

Messiah tells disciples to witness of His sacrificial offering for sin to the Jews and to the nations but they must wait for the Spirit

They wait, they are born into the Body of Messiah and

Preach the kingdom again? No
Preach the gospel of Christ and Jews are saved followed by Samaritans followed by Cornelius and the Gentiles

This ain't hard

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Bring in Isaiah 2 in light of Romans 11, right before your last three paragraphs there, and just about all you posted there is the basic Mid-Acts Perspective on much of that.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Don't expect others to believe your tripe. According to your silly idea the Apostles went out to the towns of Israel preaching that the Lord Jesus died for our sins and healing every where. Then all of a sudden the Lord Jesus told them that He was going to die and then all of them just forgot what they had been preaching!

You expect us to believe that they forgot the gospel of their salvation!

? Where is the command to preach the cross here Jerry?

“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.”
??Matthew? ?10:5-42? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/mat.10.5-42.kjv

Jerry Shugart

? Where is the command to preach the cross here Jerry?

I never said that that can be found in the verses which you quoted. What was being preached there was the "gospel of the kingdom" and not the "gospel of grace." TWO DIFFERENT GOSPELS!

Or perhaps you want to argue that both are the same gospel and that the gospel which the twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is the gospel which declares that Christ died for sins?

Is that your argument?

Interplanner

I never said that that can be found in the verses which you quoted. What was being preached there was the "gospel of the kingdom" and not the "gospel of grace." TWO DIFFERENT GOSPELS!

Or perhaps you want to argue that both are the same gospel and that the gospel which the twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is the gospel which declares that Christ died for sins?

Is that your argument?

There is a simple grammatical problem about a 'gospel about the kingdom' There is no such thing. The Greek case system clarifies this. It is a gospel belonging to the kingdom, as a possession of it, not ABOUT. The Greek would have used a different case (there are 5 case options).

The same is true of Gal 2:8-9. There is one Gospel to two targets. The verb actually settles the grammar there.

You are at a disadvantage with the English which is not distinct on these things. But in Gal 2, you might recall what was said in Gal 1. About other gospels.

Danoh

There is a simple grammatical problem about a 'gospel about the kingdom' There is no such thing. The Greek case system clarifies this. It is a gospel belonging to the kingdom, as a possession of it, not ABOUT. The Greek would have used a different case (there are 5 case options).

The same is true of Gal 2:8-9. There is one Gospel to two targets. The verb actually settles the grammar there.

You are at a disadvantage with the English which is not distinct on these things. But in Gal 2, you might recall what was said in Gal 1. About other gospels.

You have proven our point - not yours.

The gospel OF the kingdom would be the gospel BELONGING TO the kingdom.

Same as the OF in, say, a passage like the following...

Acts 10:45 And they OF the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Interplanner

So the "gospel of the grace of God" is not about God's grace?

Jerry,
there are 4-5 Greek cases for the English word "of", OK? You have to learn parsing--the assignment of the right case based on spelling and diagramming. Your question is not going to be answered in one line, nor in the limitations of English. Hopefully, one day you will appreciate that God used a language more precise, not less, than English.

btw, no one is saying that the 70 went out and preached the past tense (had died). They did know that the Lamb would take away sins. They had seen the miracle of Mk 2 which was interlocked with the forgiveness of sins. But what happens in Mk 9 is that their OWN rejection becomes interlocked with Christ's rejection and they did not accept that. They fought it. They blocked it. VERY DIFFERENT FROM NOT KNOWING IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AT ALL.

But apparently way over your literal head.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You and interplanner are joining hands and both of you are rolling in the mud. Grandson, I always worried about the company which you keep and now that company is corrupting your faith.

He's on ignore pop. He rejects the trinity. But you did claim that Jesus sent out the disciples to preach His sacrifice when He sent them out. Go back and edit it if you made a mistake. I won't tell anyone

Interplanner

He's on ignore pop. He rejects the trinity. But you did claim that Jesus sent out the disciples to preach His sacrifice when He sent them out. Go back and edit it if you made a mistake. I won't tell anyone

IntoJ:
who is this written to? I can't imagine Jerry rejecting the trinity, so you must think I do, which is nonsense.

Danoh

IntoJ:
who is this written to? I can't imagine Jerry rejecting the trinity, so you must think I do, which is nonsense.

Just shows how out of it you and intojoy are.

He meant that you do not hold a Trinitarian view - not Jerry.

And intojoy is, of course, also wrong.

For you have asserted a Trinitarian view in the past, every so often.

Jerry Shugart

btw, no one is saying that the 70 went out and preached the past tense (had died). They did know that the Lamb would take away sins.

We were talking about the Twelve preaching when they preached a gospel, not the seventy. At Luke 9:6 we see that they were preaching a gospel at a time when they didn't even know that the lord Jesus was to die.

Do you still say that they were preaching that those who believe would be saved by the death of the Lord Jesus?

Do you still insist that they were preaching that it will be through the death of the lord Jesus that salvation will come but later they forgot that the Lord Jesus was going to die?

Jerry Shugart

But you did claim that Jesus sent out the disciples to preach His sacrifice when He sent them out. Go back and edit it if you made a mistake. I won't tell anyone

I didn't say that He sent them out to preach that the sacrifice resulted in the forgiveness of sins. As i pointed out, at the time they were preaching a "gospel" they didn't even know that He was going to die.

I am still waiting for you to tell me what gospel message they were preaching at Luke 9:6. Was it the same gospel which Paul preached that is centered on the fact that Christ died for our sins?

No more stalling. It is time for you to stand up to the plate and answer that question, sonny boy!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say that He sent them out to preach that the sacrifice resulted in the forgiveness of sins. As i pointed out, at the time they were preaching a "gospel" they didn't even know that He was going to die.

I am still waiting for you to tell me what gospel message they were preaching at Luke 9:6. Was it the same gospel which Paul preached that is centered on the fact that Christ died for our sins?

No more stalling. It is time for you to stand up to the plate and answer that question, sonny boy!

What did they preach? At that time. Specifically.