ECT The "Gospel" at Luke 9:6

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How could they be preaching the DBR of Christ then since at that time they didn't even know that He was going to die?

You continue to throw your reason to the wind and assert that they were preaching the DBR of Christ.

All you prove is that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

As I had said, the mature believers knew but the example of the disciples of the time was for our benefit,

Christ had told his disciples of the DBR but they could not understand it, but others did, because the Temple worship taught it.

You obviously have no knowledge of blood sacrifices and their meanings. Read Eldersheim.

The disciples preached the Kingdom of God was near, and Christs own DBR was taught in real time well before Paul ever understood it.

I speak to you the best I can from the Bible, but you speak from the teachings of your sect.

Try this for size--

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

You say Christ will do so in the future.

God says Christ is now on His Throne which Davids throne was only a type of.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You refuse the Holy Ghost which the 3000 of Acts ch 2 received.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Interplanner

As I had said, the mature believers knew but the example of the disciples of the time was for our benefit,

Christ had told his disciples of the DBR but they could not understand it, but others did, because the Temple worship taught it.

You obviously have no knowledge of blood sacrifices and their meanings. Read Eldersheim.

The disciples preached the Kingdom of God was near, and Christs own DBR was taught in real time well before Paul ever understood it.

I speak to you the best I can from the Bible, but you speak from the teachings of your sect.

Try this for size--

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

You say Christ will do so in the future.

God says Christ is now on His Throne which Davids throne was only a type of.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You refuse the Holy Ghost which the 3000 of Acts ch 2 received.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

But the question would not be answered from Acts, LA. Jerry wants to know why the death of Christ would have been understood from the beginning.

Well, let's try the unusual gifts brought at his birth. Why would people bring funeral embalming spices to a child as gifts when he was born? Hmmmm.

Jerry Shugart

So the Twelve were not "mature believers"? Who can take you seriously?

We can see that as late as Luke 18:33-34 the Twelve did not even understand that the Lord Jesus was going to die. So it is IMPOSSIBLE that they were preaching the DBR of Christ earlier:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"
(Lk.9:6).​

You let your preconceived ideas over rule what the Scriptures actually say. You place what some say about the Scriptures ABOVE what the Scriptures actually say.

Then you prove that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous! You proudly assert that the Twelve were preaching the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus at a time when they didn't even know He was to die.

You have a spiritual I.Q. that is practically nonexistent!

Jerry Shugart

And that's the key problem with physical Israel enthusiasts- if they were wrong then, how do you suppose they hold an exclusive covenant with God in any way now

No one is saying that "now" the Jews hold an exclusive covenant with God, but in the future they will:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that. So therefore, in the future those who will make up both houses will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved.

Despite these facts there are many who deny that this prophecy will ever be fulfilled!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No one is saying that "now" the Jews hold an exclusive covenant with God, but in the future they will:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that. So therefore, in the future those who will make up both houses will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved.

Despite these facts there are many who deny that this prophecy will ever be fulfilled!

Hebrews says the new covenant is now in effect--

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jerry keeps calling Paul a liar.

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Jerry Shugart

Hebrews says the new covenant is now in effect--

It certainly is not now in effect for the house of Israel and for the house of Judah. If it were now in effect for both of those houses then all the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob of both house would be saved. And since that has never happened in the past then the New Covenant in regard to both of those houses remain in the future.

All you are doing is trying to prove that what the LORD reveals at Jeremiah 31:31-34 is in error.

It is pitiful that you refuse to believe what is so clearly revealed in those verses--that in the future all the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who will belong to both houses will have their sins forgiven and all of them will be saved.

You prove time after time that you put more faith in your eschatology than you do in what the Scriptures reveal about what will happen in the future.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jerry keeps calling Paul a liar.

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Jerry Shugart

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Nothing said there changes the facts found in this prophecy:

You can quote verses until you are blue in the face but there is not a passage from the Scriptures which changes what is said at Jeremiah 31:31-34. After all, we read the following about the LORD:

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
(Num.23:19).​

You must think that even though He said it will happen it is not going to happen!

Don't you know that it is those who "believe God" who are justified in His sight (Ro.4:3)? I see no evidence that you believe God!

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jerry, you have been shown over and over that Israel of the OT was made up of all peoples who joined themselves to the God of Israel.

You reject that and insist that Israel then and now can only consist of pure bloods of the flesh of Abraham.

Jesus dispelled that theory. Why do you not believe Him?

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
Mat 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
Mat 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
Mat 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Jerry can not yet either.

LA

Interplanner

Nothing said there changes the facts found in this prophecy:

You can quote verses until you are blue in the face but there is not a passage from the Scriptures which changes what is said at Jeremiah 31:31-34. After all, we read the following about the LORD:

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
(Num.23:19).​

You must think that even though He said it will happen it is not going to happen!

Don't you know that it is those who "believe God" who are justified in His sight (Ro.4:3)? I see no evidence that you believe God!

"That prophecy" is primarily about Christ, because the climax is the arrival of THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. The same as Melchi (king) Zedek (righteousness), Heb 5. You seem to have a good grip on justification, Jerry, but it as though there was 10,000 feet of concrete between that and 'prophecy.' So the idea of being fulfilled in Christ (in his justifying work, in the way his sacrifice provides righteousness) seems completely lost to you.

But the NT is full of saying he is that Lord, and that the Jeremiah passage was meant to be found true in Him not in events in Judea, which it never mentions. The new covenant is always mentioned as having to do with salvation from the debt of sin, the sacrifice of Christ, the 'plan' before Judaism ever existed, etc.

SaulToPaul 2

"That prophecy" is primarily about Christ, because the climax is the arrival of THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. The same as Melchi (king) Zedek (righteousness), Heb 5. You seem to have a good grip on justification, Jerry, but it as though there was 10,000 feet of concrete between that and 'prophecy.' So the idea of being fulfilled in Christ (in his justifying work, in the way his sacrifice provides righteousness) seems completely lost to you.

But the NT is full of saying he is that Lord, and that the Jeremiah passage was meant to be found true in Him not in events in Judea, which it never mentions. The new covenant is always mentioned as having to do with salvation from the debt of sin, the sacrifice of Christ, the 'plan' before Judaism ever existed, etc.

Rationalization for your unbelief.

Interplanner

You glom onto one part of the new covenant and are in unbelief of the remainder. Why?

Because of the apostles. wow, what a concept. In the 1800s a bunch of Protestant dissaffected teachers thought they would cash in on Judaism's 'unfinished business' and make some coin. they would make Bibles with their notes in them because printing presses could now include them, sometimes more space than the text itself on a page. And because they were arrogant and thought themselves to be apostles.

SaulToPaul 2

Because of the apostles. wow, what a concept. In the 1800s a bunch of Protestant dissaffected teachers thought they would cash in on Judaism's 'unfinished business' and make some coin. they would make Bibles with their notes in them because printing presses could now include them, sometimes more space than the text itself on a page. And because they were arrogant and thought themselves to be apostles.

Where do the apostles annul the promises about the Land?

Jerry Shugart

"That prophecy" is primarily about Christ, because the climax is the arrival of THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Let us see if you actually believe what is revealed by the LORD when He says this:

From what I understand about exactly who makes up the houses of Judah and Israel is this:

Do you agree with my conclusion? If not, then tell me exactly what I said that you think is in error.

Thanks!