ECT The "Gospel" at Luke 9:6

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Earlier Interplanner said:

What do you think was being preached when the Twelve preached this gospel?:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"
(Lk.9:6).​

It had nothing to do with the death of the Lord Jesus because when that gospel was being preached the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Since you consider yourself an expert on gospel truths then certainly you must know what they were preaching.

What was it?

Thanks!
just keep on repeating that to your self bud.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That does not answer what I asked:

"Would you please tell us your opinion about what was preached at Luke 9:6?"

If you don't know then just say so.

He charged the Apostles with delivering the Gospel- it's a rudimentary point that doesn't hold as much as you think it does with your preconceptions.

For one, they all wrote to the leaders of churches- they did not command it's laity to evangelize others.
God has ordained people to that role- but not everyone. Everybody wants to evangelize, and that is why Christianity has become the most denominating religion in the world.

And the horrid doctrine of 'free will' is accursed among all others.

john w

Hall of Fame
JS wrote:
So you do not know what was being preached in that gospel? And all this time I thought that you were the resident expert!

Frankly, it is not difficult to understand what was being preached:

That's a stupid reply Jerry. Really stupid. He preached that he forgave sins (see the several accusations). You need to know WHO He preached UNTO quite a bit better. There were not two gospels, there was a massive wall in Judaism that did not let things get through. I just tried to describe it. But I have no doubt what he was preaching. He was also preached about before he started: the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Clueless IP. Post #2:
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116037-Article-gets-quot-the-mystery-quot-wrong

Further, there is no meaning to being the Christ if not to embody the forgiveness of God in Christ. He was certainly not a Judaist's messiah.

But it was extremely difficult to absorb that those were one and the same (being their Messiah and forgivness).

Compare today's difficulty when people first realize that there is militant, violent Islam. It's a religion that says people should not be evil, yet there are heroes in it who are, mainly Mr. Mo himself.

"Huh?"-STP

Another example of him saying nothing, after a few shots of Johnny Walker Red...

john w

Hall of Fame
He charged the Apostles with delivering the Gospel- it's a rudimentary point that doesn't hold as much as you think it does with your preconceptions.

He charged them to preach the gospel/good news of the kingdom, which is not equivalent to the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4; if it was, you'd have your saint Judas preaching....

"Hey, everyone!!! Good news!!! Christ is going to die for yours sins....be rasied again for your justification!!! Believe this good news to be saved!!!!!! Gotta hop, as my broker, Chief P. Riest, told me to accumulate silver!!!"

That is satanic.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again, "connecting the dots," as repetition is learning, as now, for which all of TOL has been waiting, the great saint John W steps on stage, to remove the fog, for the sheep, the babes, not the wolves, since they are too hungry to focus on the details of the book...

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, at least prior to the death, burial, resurrection, will you find 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification.

Nowhere.

Consider this. You cannot preach what you do not know. You cannot believe that which you do not know.

During the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the apostles and disciples had no knowledge of his impending, death, burial, and resurrection:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21 KJV

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31 KJV

Comment: Obviously, Peter was attempting to prevent the Lord's death, the very death that would reconcile him! If the death, burial, and resurrection was the grounds for Peter's salvation and justification(as Paul expounds on in his epistles), why was Peter trying to prevent the very thing that would be the basis for his justification? See also John 18:10 KJV. Did he ever preach 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV ? If he had, his rebuke of the Lord would be a non-sensical reaction!

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day...." Luke 24:45 KJV

Read it-"Then"-after the fact, not before.

Read it:

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Comment: Notice they did not know it or understand it prior to His death! They were not preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, they initially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

What do you call someone, who today, denies the resurrection?

Let me help....

Lost.

And what is the simple reason for 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV not being preached?:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." 1 Cor. 2:7 KJV

Even the prophets did not understand it:

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

"Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into." 1 Peter 1:10-12 KJV

The gospel of the kingdom is not equivalent to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

-death-Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, the very death that would reconcile him.
-burial
-resurrection-Peter, and the 10, initially did not believe that He rose.

And yet they were preaching, for approximately 3 years, "the gospel of the kingdom." They were clueless that He was going to die, and be raised, all while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom."

It was hid from them-and yet, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom" for approx. 3 years..

Again-Luke 18 KJV:

31Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Read it: "Then"=years after they began preaching the gospel of the kingdom, when they were clueless that He would:

-die
-be resurrected

Read it-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

-death
-burial
-resurrection

Even satan did not know of the implications of the dbr:

1 Cor. 2:
6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

This is part of the mystery revealed to Paul via direct revelation from the risen, ascended, glorified "Lord from heaven."

Peter, according to most rebels:" Hey everyone! Good news! The master is going to die, be raised again for our justification! Believe this "good news" I am preaching, "the gospel of the kingdom," which the master told me, and the 11 to preach, including that great "the gospel" preacher Judas, to be justified!!! Well, gotta go, as I hear the master is about to talk about His impending death, and I need to prevent this, even though it will reconcile me, and He is also talking about His resurrection, which, it turns out, I won't believe, initially, after it happens...........

Straight jacket time.

Gospel=good news. Simple- a 6 year old "gets" that. There is plenty of good news in the bible, but the context, considering what goeth before, and what follows, and when, determines what "good news"/gospel is in view.

EOT. CLOSED. DOA. RIP. QED.

But watch the biblical morons, who do not study the details of the book, just spam emotional protests, and spam what they have been taught, instead of embracing the Acts 17:11 KJV biblical command, and "check me out" with the book, to see if what I am teaching is so.

DAN P

because what?

what dance? Is being against 2P2P a dance?

did I not validate the Bible as the Word and also as being part of the 'stuff' of history?

Hi and you belittle others who , in your opinion EVADE to answer you and here is what you ALWAYS evade !!

#1 , Is the Greek ARTICILE used , like this " with THE GOSPEL of ( THE ) Un-circumcision , and it is there !!
#2 , ANSWER , this , who is the UN-CIRCUMCISION ?

#3 , Under a 1 P 1P how were you saved ??

#4 Explain how Peter was saved ??

#5 , What doe the GREEK word SOZO / SAVED really mean ??

Here is an easy one for you How was Paul SAVED ??

What kind of DANCE will we see now , maybe a POKY or maybe the FISH as you struggle not to DROWN , so which is it , and other EVASION ??

dan p

grow your mind

DAN P

Hi , IP , an you are still EVADING and everyone can see that you can answer how 1P and 1P has saved you , CAN YOU ??

And you will never see how Paul was SAVED / SOZO , and you can not !!

You are BANKRUPT and found WANTING !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So we can clearly see that the central message that was preached to the Jews is the fact that it is Jesus Who is the Christ, the Son of God.

No.

The disciples preached the Kingdom of God was at hand, and only the mature knew that it required the DBR of Christ to bring it about, after all Christ did preach that also--

Luk 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Luk 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
Luk 24:8 And they remembered his words,

LA

Jerry Shugart

The disciples preached the Kingdom of God was at hand, and only the mature knew that it required the DBR of Christ to bring it about, after all Christ did preach that also--

It is impossible that the Twelve were preaching the DBR of Christ here:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"

What they preached there had nothing to do with the death of the Lord Jesus because when that gospel was being preached the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Of course you want to remain ignorant of what they were preaching at Luke 9:6.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

What they preached there had nothing to do with the death of the Lord Jesus because when that gospel was being preached the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Of course you want to remain ignorant of what they were preaching at Luke 9:6.

So you think John did not know about it--

Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

What did the twelve from Ephesus hear from John the Baptist--

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

So these people believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and they received the indwelling Holy spirit by its coming upon them like all other receipients in Acts.

The death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ was known by all men after His resurrection so it was no secret until Paul learnt it, and forgiveness of sins was first preached by Peter in acts.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2Co 11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

(not the greatest)

Jerry Shugart

So you think John did not know about it--

Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

It is obvious that the Baptist was not speaking about what was accomplished at the Cross because in the verse which followed he used the "present" tense and not the "future."

The rest of the Scriptures which you quoted happened after these things so they do not help you case in anyway:

Of course you want to remain ignorant of what they were preaching at Luke 9:6.​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is obvious that the Baptist was not speaking about what was accomplished at the Cross because in the verse which followed he used the "present" tense and not the "future."

The rest of the Scriptures which you quoted happened after these things so they do not help you case in anyway:

Of course you want to remain ignorant of what they were preaching at Luke 9:6.​

I know what they were preaching, but for you to say that none knew the necessity of Christ DBR to accomplish it, is to say none knew the meanings of the temple worship and practices, taught for hundreds of years.

Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
Gen 22:9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
Gen 22:10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
Gen 22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
Gen 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Heb 11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

LA

Jerry Shugart

I know what they were preaching, but for you to say that none knew the necessity of Christ DBR to accomplish it, is to say none knew the meanings of the temple worship and practices, taught for hundreds of years.

How could they be preaching the DBR of Christ then since at that time they didn't even know that He was going to die?

You continue to throw your reason to the wind and assert that they were preaching the DBR of Christ.

All you prove is that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!