ECT The "Gospel" at Luke 9:6

Jerry Shugart

Earlier Interplanner said:

Question: what EXACTLY did the other gospel that 2P2P people claim to see in Gal 2 say? Because it can't be what the Judaizers said, even according to this Messianic pastor.

What do you think was being preached when the Twelve preached this gospel?:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"
(Lk.9:6).​

It had nothing to do with the death of the Lord Jesus because when that gospel was being preached the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Since you consider yourself an expert on gospel truths then certainly you must know what they were preaching.

What was it?

Thanks!

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"

It had nothing to do with the death of the Lord Jesus because when that gospel was being preached the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Since you consider yourself an expert on gospel truths then certainly you must know what they were preaching.

What was it?

Thanks!

I've asked him, and the other drones, that question, consistently, for years, and all we hear from them is nothing, or "There is just one gospel," indicating they are clueless as to the meaning of the term, "gospel," thus unable to move on to your "What do you think was being preached when the Twelve preached this gospel?"

DAN P

What was it?

Thanks!

Hi and in Luke 9:6 reads , And they departed and went nthrough the towns , preaching the gospel , and healing every where !!

#1, The there are 4 verbs tenses in verse 6 , and these 3 are all in the PRESENT TENSE and happened during Luke 9:6 !!

#2 , The 4 th one is AND WENT which is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE which means that they did preach the GOOD NEWS BUT then stooped , WHY ??

#3 Because Israel was to be set ASIDE as Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 have recorded !!

#4 And Gal 2:7 , mentiones the THE UN-circumcision Gospel that was only given to Paul and all HAVE to notice it says " THE " that the Greek Articile is used before GOSPEL and that specify what Gospel it is , The Gospel given to Paul , that was KEPT SECRET BEFORE the foundation of the worls , Col 1:25 and 26 and 2 Tim 1:9 and that makes IP dead wrong !!

dan p

Interplanner

In Judaism at that time, it would be very hard to put 2 things together: 1, that God forgives sins and 2, that this forgiveness would come through the ordeal of a person who claimed to be the Messiah, when Messiah they thought would be a victory securing figure for independence. The Gospel was always that God forgives sins (see David in Ps 32). It was a huge barrier, however, to realize that this Jesus of Nazareth was going to provide forgiveness through his ordeal, because it wasn't supposed to happen. This is the dilemma the apostles find themselves in in the 'blind spot' verses of Lk 18 etc.

DAN P

In Judaism at that time, it would be very hard to put 2 things together: 1, that God forgives sins and 2, that this forgiveness would come through the ordeal of a person who claimed to be the Messiah, when Messiah they thought would be a victory securing figure for independence. The Gospel was always that God forgives sins (see David in Ps 32). It was a huge barrier, however, to realize that this Jesus of Nazareth was going to provide forgiveness through his ordeal, because it wasn't supposed to happen. This is the dilemma the apostles find themselves in in the 'blind spot' verses of Lk 18 etc.

Hi and stop DANCING , and prove how a 1Pand 1P , ex[plain how you were SAVED/SOZO just means to be saved or to be saved / delivered , or saved from a situation ??

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame

You missed it; even, for the sake of argument, that your assertion that "The Gospel was always that God forgives sins," is correct, read Luke 9:6 KJV. Judas, part of the "they," "his twelve disciples"(Luke 9:1 KJV), preached that "The Gospel was always that God forgives sins?" Is that your "argument?" Yes, or no?

john w

Hall of Fame
Hi and stop DANCING , and prove how a 1Pand 1P , ex[plain how you were SAVED/SOZO just means to be saved or to be saved / delivered , or saved from a situation ??

dan p

Yes, IP-stop dancing. Did Judas preach the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV?

Jerry Shugart

So you do not know what was being preached in that gospel? And all this time I thought that you were the resident expert!

Frankly, it is not difficult to understand what was being preached:

"Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:14-15).​

John the Baptist said that he came baptizing with water so that the Lord Jesus might be revealed to Israel:

"I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel" (Jn.1:31).​

After seeing the spirit descending on the Lord Jesus the Baptist said, "and I saw, and bore witness that this is the Son of God" (Jn.1:34).

The Lord Jesus Himself made it plain that salvation among the Jews depended on their recognizing His "identity":

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn. 8:23-24).

We can know that the Lord Jesus was preaching that He is the Christ and the "Son of God" by the following conversation between the Lord and some Jews who did not believe in Him:

"Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me"
(Jn.10:24-25).​

Later in the same exchange we see that the same Jews wanted to stone Him because He said that He is the Son of God:

"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" (Jn.10:36).​

After hearing the gospel preached the Ethiopian treasurer asked to be baptized with water: "And Philip said, If thou believeth with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:37).

The first message which Paul preached after being converted was the "gospel of the kingdom" in the synagogues of the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

So we can clearly see that the central message that was preached to the Jews is the fact that it is Jesus Who is the Christ, the Son of God.

Interplanner

JS wrote:
So you do not know what was being preached in that gospel? And all this time I thought that you were the resident expert!

Frankly, it is not difficult to understand what was being preached:

That's a stupid reply Jerry. Really stupid. He preached that he forgave sins (see the several accusations). You need to know WHO He preached UNTO quite a bit better. There were not two gospels, there was a massive wall in Judaism that did not let things get through. I just tried to describe it. But I have no doubt what he was preaching. He was also preached about before he started: the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Further, there is no meaning to being the Christ if not to embody the forgiveness of God in Christ. He was certainly not a Judaist's messiah.

But it was extremely difficult to absorb that those were one and the same (being their Messiah and forgivness).

Compare today's difficulty when people first realize that there is militant, violent Islam. It's a religion that says people should not be evil, yet there are heroes in it who are, mainly Mr. Mo himself.

Jerry Shugart

That's a stupid reply Jerry. Really stupid. He preached that he forgave sins (see the several accusations). You need to know WHO He preached UNTO quite a bit better. There were not two gospels, there was a massive wall in Judaism that did not let things get through. I just tried to describe it. But I have no doubt what he was preaching. He was also preached about before he started: the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

If John 1:29 is speaking about what would happen at the Cross then why did John the Baptist use the "present" tense and not the "future"? You really should know the meaning of the verses which you quote before you quote them.

How could the Apostles be preaching that the Lord Jesus was going to die for our sins at Luke 9:6 since they did not even know that He was going to die until near the end of His ministry?

You throw your reason to the wind but don't expect us to do the same thing!

Further, there is no meaning to being the Christ if not to embody the forgiveness of God in Christ.

So the fact that He was the Christ had nothing to do with the kingdom which was being preached? The Jews knew full well that it would be the Christ, the annointed One, who would be their king:

"The Lord protects his people and gives victory to his anointed king"
(Psalm 28:8).​

You know, the King mentioned here:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

Of course you have no place in your eschatology for the fulfillment of that happening, do you? Also, you have no place in your eschatology for the Lord Jesus returning to the earth and sitting on the throne of that kingdom, do you?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory"
(Mt.25:31).​

Then you have then nerve to call my ideas stupid!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Jews were lost- that is why Jesus was flipping tables and calling the Pharisees hypocrites.

You see, they were the leaders of the people. John Q Israelite didn't know much about their religion outside of what the Pharisees told them- there was no mass produced bible to tell them anything.

And that's the key problem with physical Israel enthusiasts- if they were wrong then, how do you suppose they hold an exclusive covenant with God in any way now :freak:

Jerry Shugart

If John 1:29 is speaking about what would happen at the Cross then why did John the Baptist use the "present" tense and not the "future"? You really should know the meaning of the verses which you quote before you quote them.

How could the Apostles be preaching that the Lord Jesus was going to die for our sins at Luke 9:6 since they did not even know that He was going to die until near the end of His ministry?

You throw your reason to the wind but don't expect us to do the same thing!

Further, there is no meaning to being the Christ if not to embody the forgiveness of God in Christ.

So the fact that He was the Christ had nothing to do with the kingdom which was being preached? The Jews knew full well that it would be the Christ, the annointed One, who would be their king:

"The Lord protects his people and gives victory to his anointed king"
(Psalm 28:8).​

You know, the King mentioned here:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

Of course you have no place in your eschatology for the fulfillment of that happening, do you? Also, you have no place in your eschatology for the Lord Jesus returning to the earth and sitting on the throne of that kingdom, do you?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory"
(Mt.25:31).​

Then you have then nerve to call my ideas stupid!