The Gay Pride (Oxymoron) Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

Stripe, what is it about the answers given that you have any contention with? Nobody has said that love is the same as sex, it obviously isn't no matter what the orientation of any couple, so that being said what is the point you've been supposedly trying to make? That homosexuals can't be affectionate, caring etc towards each other?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stripe, what is it about the answers given that you have any contention with? Nobody has said that love is the same as sex, it obviously isn't no matter what the orientation of any couple, so that being said what is the point you've been supposedly trying to make? That homosexuals can't be affectionate, caring etc towards each other?
You think being affectionate means love?

Why do you think homos love each other?

lovemeorhateme

Hey, you! Good to see yah! :D :wave2:

:banana:

Hey,

Awesome! Hope you've been alright. I've been so busy with work I haven't had much chance to get online.

God has really been working on me in this area over the last few months, I am now totally and completely changed.

PlastikBuddha

Does any man who has sex with another man love that man? How would you tell?
I don't pretend to be a mind reader, Stripe. Do you have any evidence or non-religious justification for believing that two men CAN'T love each other? Having sex is actually a red herring- it may be an expression of love or it may not, just as in heterosexual relationships. If you want evidence of love you'll have to know more about the gay couple in question then I think you would be comfortable with.

lovemeorhateme

I don't pretend to be a mind reader, Stripe. Do you have any evidence or non-religious justification for believing that two men CAN'T love each other? Having sex is actually a red herring- it may be an expression of love or it may not, just as in heterosexual relationships. If you want evidence of love you'll have to know more about the gay couple in question then I think you would be comfortable with.

Gay 'love' nearly always finds its root in lust.

Lust and love are complete opposites.

PlastikBuddha

Gay 'love' nearly always finds its root in lust.
Nearly always or always, LMOHM? I know you think your past experience makes you a mouthpiece for all gays everywhere (like some others here) but here's something to think about.
Love and lust are not mutually exclusive. You can love someone and still want them physically.
Heterosexual relationships just as often have their roots in lust as gay ones. We don't usually date people we aren't physically attracted to- in fact it is often the first point of interest. I know when I see a good-looking woman my first thoughts aren't, "I bet she is a stable, caring individual who is kind to children and small animals" or something to that effect. Expecting gays to be different is disingenuous.
Lust and love are complete opposites.
Actually, no they aren't.

lovemeorhateme

Nearly always or always, LMOHM? I know you think your past experience makes you a mouthpiece for all gays everywhere (like some others here) but here's something to think about.
Love and lust are not mutually exclusive. You can love someone and still want them physically.
Heterosexual relationships just as often have their roots in lust as gay ones. We don't usually date people we aren't physically attracted to- in fact it is often the first point of interest. I know when I see a good-looking woman my first thoughts aren't, "I bet she is a stable, caring individual who is kind to children and small animals" or something to that effect. Expecting gays to be different is disingenuous.

I said nearly always. I can't speak for the situation of every single homo, as I couldn't possibly know. What I do know is that from my personal experience, homosexuals tend to be far more full of lust for each other than love.

I agree that physical attraction is one of the first attributes that one looks for in a potential partner, however, attraction and lust are two different things.

Actually, no they aren't.

Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy, It does not boast, It is NOT self-seeking.

Sound pretty opposite to lust to me.

Door

And you think this is the right way to be, or just reality for you?

When you buy a lawnmower, do you think... "Oh this will be great to cut my grass with, or do look at it as a tool to slice cheese with?"

The word sanctify, means to set something apart for it's intended use. If you look at women, the way homos look at each other (which they do), then you are not sanctifying that person for the reason that God gave them. You are perverting their worth.

Until I came to understand this, I went through many relationships that were as self-centered as those you speak of, but when I came to sanctify women, then it was easy to find the perfect wife and mother.

If you were wondering why we have no tolerance or respect for you or homosexuals, you have perfectly articulated our reasons.

lovemeorhateme

When you buy a lawnmower, do you think... "Oh this will be great to cut my grass with, or do look at it as a tool to slice cheese with?"

The word sanctify, means to set something apart for it's intended use. If you look at women, the way homos look at each other (which they do), then you are not sanctifying that person for the reason that God gave them. You are perverting their worth.

Until I came to understand this, I went through many relationships that were as self-centered as those you speak of, but when I came to sanctify women, then it was easy to find the perfect wife and mother.

If you were wondering why we have no tolerance or respect for you or homosexuals, you have perfectly articulated our reasons.

:thumb:

Awesome post!

PlastikBuddha

I said nearly always. I can't speak for the situation of every single homo, as I couldn't possibly know. What I do know is that from my personal experience, homosexuals tend to be far more full of lust for each other than love.
Which doesn't really have anything to do with the question of whether or not they are capable of loving each other. I'm not interested in what you think is more common. Stripe asked if it was possible for them to love one another.
I agree that physical attraction is one of the first attributes that one looks for in a potential partner, however, attraction and lust are two different things.
Not all that different. And telling which is which from an outside perspective, without the benefits of telepathy, is more than any humble human should be giving themselves credit for.
Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy, It does not boast, It is NOT self-seeking.

Sound pretty opposite to lust to me.
-shrug- I've heard people say that the opposite of love is "hate". I've heard say that the opposite of love is "apathy". Now you say the opposite of love is "lust". One thing can't have this many opposites. It almost seems like a convenient phrase ("love is the opposite of X") to disparage any convenient target. :yawn:
If love were the opposite of lust then lust should be:
impaitent (sometimes it is- others can wait for years for the fulfillment of their passion)
envious (probably no more than any other human emotion.)
boastful (not particularly, most people keep their lusts fairly close to the chest)
and self-seeking (aren't ALL physical desires ultimately self-seeking?)

I think you are toying with semantics to no real effect.

PlastikBuddha

I don't concern myself with a "right way to be." I'm not a theist, I don't believe there is one in the way that you do. I think it is what actually happens in the real world, however.
:squint: What's your point? Women don't "cut the cheese", or so I firmly believe from the "bottom" of my chivalrous soul.
I am being a normal living organism. Reproduction is one of the strongest biological imperitives that exist (even you guys recognize this- "Be fruitful and multiply") and as species that relies primarily on vision for selection of mates it is only natural. This doesn't mean that other factors don't come into play (like as soon as she opens her mouth) but physical attraction is usually the first attraction.
I never said to leave it that, Door. We are animals, but not JUST animals. There is a lot more to human relationships than "she pretty, grunt, grunt".
I neither wonder nor care.

Door

Thanks, PB, we all know now what kind of person you are naturally. I'm sure that child molesters have the same opinion of themselves and that it has nothing to do with right or wrong, but just how they physically feel about it. In your "reality", to hell with decency, right? If you want to use children as animals, go for it, right?

I suggest, you either need to become a human, or go live in a zoo with the rest of the animals.

MrRadish

I see what you did there, Door. You completely ignored all of his points and made a rather tired comparison between someone disagreeing with you and a paedophile.

Very clever.

Door

I see what you did there, Door. You completely ignored all of his points and made a rather tired comparison between someone disagreeing with you and a paedophile.
The points that were "ignored" were mine. He made no points, and neither have you.

What I pointed out in my first post is indisputable, except by someone who has zero sense of decency or respect for anyone but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.