The Gay Pride (Oxymoron) Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Love is an emotion comprised of affection, kinship, devotion, sexual desire, and admiration. There is no good reasoning to think homosexuals can't give each other that.
I'll take that as a 'Yes'.

Did you know love (as opposed to your definition) is only rarely expressed through a sexual act. In almost every relationship every person has sex would not be an expression of love.

So .. let me ask you again. Do homos love each other?

Sitamun

Did you know love (as opposed to your definition) is only rarely expressed through a sexual act. In almost every relationship every person has sex would not be an expression of love.

What are you fishing for? Your question was answered quite well.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Claiming to want to help people with a "...but if we ran things, we'd execute you" strikes me as a tad disingenuous.
That's probably because, in real life, you've never hung around the right people. You've only seen and met the kind of people leftist media love to talk about, such as the most definitely disingenuous Fred Phelps.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's probably because, in real life, you've never hung around the right people. You've only seen and met the kind of people leftist media love to talk about, such as the most definitely disingenuous Fred Phelps.

In real life? Oh, okay. So the people who advocate this on TOL don't count?:rolleyes:

Quincy

What is your classification of love here? I took that you meant can homosexuals function as lovers, and in that aspect yes they can. In the aspect of say, parental love, it's not so clear cut. I differ from most people that are supportive of homosexual rights in that I uphold a child deserves proper rolemodels from both ends of the gender spectrum to alleviate biased conditioning.

Quincy

Is there even one atheist and/or pinko commie on this forum who is not also a supporter of the AIDS lifestyle?

I support reason and nature, there is nothing in either to implicate homosexuals will contract aids anymore than heterosexuals. Reason dictates that more promiscous people will have a higher chance to contract aids, and not all homosexuals are promiscuous.

Proserpina

BANNED
Banned
I attended a Gay Pride Parade this past weekend. There was a small religous group there protesting. Most people attending just ignored them.

I could never understand why the Judeo/Christian/Muslim faith has such a big problem with homosexuals. Or why their god does. Did anyone ever think to ask?

red77

I'm curious as to why you would call Phelps disingenuous, he might hold to an execrable set of beliefs but that hardly means he doesn't earnestly believe in them, he sees fit enough to brainwash his own family into believing the same (highly unfortunately)....

I'm curious also as to why you would say that Granite, and presumably anyone else who has voiced similar opinions, would have 'not met or hung around the right people', it is after all the idea of bringing in execution for homosexuals that many people have an objection with, and that is voiced by several folk right here on this forum......

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which homos? All of them? Do all heterosexuals love each other?
Does any man who has sex with another man love that man? How would you tell?

What are you fishing for? Your question was answered quite well.
I was fishing for an answer that showed how homos love each other. I got an answer that revolved around sex and pointed out that most love is not defined by sex. So while you think sex necessarily equals love I don't. And if you don't mind I'd like an answer that makes sense..

What is your classification of love here? I took that you meant can homosexuals function as lovers, and in that aspect yes they can. In the aspect of say, parental love, it's not so clear cut. I differ from most people that are supportive of homosexual rights in that I uphold a child deserves proper rolemodels from both ends of the gender spectrum to alleviate biased conditioning.
I'm willing to accept your classification of love. I expect you to be able to apply that classification to any relationship.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
In real life? Oh, okay. So the people who advocate this on TOL don't count?:rolleyes:
They should count, if you were to meet them in real life. What I'm saying is I can understand if you doubt the genuineness of people when all you have to go on are avatars and typed messages. You can't really tell how genuine a person is until you meet them in real life.

Sitamun

I was fishing for an answer that showed how homos love each other. I got an answer that revolved around sex and pointed out that most love is not defined by sex. So while you think sex necessarily equals love I don't. And if you don't mind I'd like an answer that makes sense..

The answer I saw given mentioned sexual desire as ONE aspect of love. It got nowhere near as the entire definition. I have never said I think sex equals love, neither did the original definition given. Reading comprehension, it works wonders.

Granite

Hall of Fame
They should count, if you were to meet them in real life. What I'm saying is I can understand if you doubt the genuineness of people when all you have to go on are avatars and typed messages. You can't really tell how genuine a person is until you meet them in real life.

In the case of those who advocate death for homosexuals, my problem is that I don't doubt the genuineness and sincerity of these folks. Having encountered this in person as well as on TOL I have no reason to question the fact that some people actually believe this radical murderous nonsense. Or maybe you think some of the TOLers who say homosexuals should be executed are just pulling my leg.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The answer I saw given mentioned sexual desire as ONE aspect of love. It got nowhere near as the entire definition. I have never said I think sex equals love, neither did the original definition given. Reading comprehension, it works wonders.
So which aspect of the ones mentioned shows you that homos love each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.