The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Think of it this way: When you are driving in a car with the window up, why don't you feel the 100 mile-an-hour air if you are going 100 miles an hour? Why is the air in the car not smacking you in the face?
Great, that means the earth is enclosed like I tend to think God describes. Because you're right, why does the earth not feel wind from millions of mph streaking through vast endless "space" and at the very least we should feel the win from rotating/spinning 1000 mph?

Lon

Great, that means the earth is enclosed like I tend to think God describes. Because you're right, why does the earth not feel wind from millions of mph streaking through vast endless "space" and at the very least we should feel the win from rotating/spinning 1000 mph?

Einstein and Newton worked on this, the properties collide and that's why science is cool, it tries to figure out and describe what is happening. The car moves through the air, thus 'is' the wind. You don't feel wind in your face because you are traveling with, making the wind. The air inside of the car is traveling in the same direction you are so there is little inside friction. Easy enough, but the reason you don't feel the wind from outside (if it exists) when you are stopped at a light, is because it cannot move the car (well, most winds, hurricanes are another matter). Most of science is trying to figure out how to make something do a thing, that it generally doesn't do, (a very high degree oven) or harness something that is occurring and use it (like Edison noticing light is created by electricity going through coils).

Lon

Great, that means the earth is enclosed like I tend to think God describes.
btw, atmosphere inside a square or globular vehicle (think AMC Pacer/Gremlin :rotfl: ) is the same principle. The atmosphere works with either the flat or globe model. Often, one of the hardest things for a flat-earther to grasp, is applying physics from a 2-D model to a 3-D one. "Up" on a map would be away from the flat. "Up" for a globe is 'away' from any particular surface and is 360 degrees.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I just noticed you both wear glasses. You honestly cannot see the curve? Hold a ruler up to it!

Were you thinking the earth was smaller for some reason, that a curve would be more than apparent? It is, but not the size of the Astrodome! :doh: (did someone already mention this to you? It'd be like taking a picture of Mt. Everest barely hovering over it (not even an inch) with a camera the size of a grain of sand. Remember the basketball curvature that some swore they could see but others agreed was flat?

Er, what you said :noway:
At one mile, the drop is less than 0.013% of a change.

2 miles away (drop of 32.01 inches) is a change of just barely over 0.050% change.

3 miles away (farthest distance visible at sea level) (drop of 72.02 inches) is a change of just over 0.011%. I don't think it's even humanly possible to be able to discern such small changes.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just noticed you both wear glasses. You honestly cannot see the curve? Hold a ruler up to it!

Were you thinking the earth was smaller for some reason, that a curve would be more than apparent? It is, but not the size of the Astrodome! :doh: (did someone already mention this to you? It'd be like taking a picture of Mt. Everest barely hovering over it (not even an inch) with a camera the size of a grain of sand. Remember the basketball curvature that some swore they could see but others agreed was flat?

Er, what you said :noway:

Curvature of earth:

1 mile 8 inches

2 miles 32 inches

3 miles 6 feet

4 miles 10 feet

I'm pretty sure we would see the curvature of the earth if it existed.

--Dave

Lon

At one mile, the drop is less than 0.013% of a change.

2 miles away (drop of 32.01 inches) is a change of just barely over 0.050% change.

3 miles away (farthest distance visible at sea level) (drop of 72.02 inches) is a change of just over 0.011%. I don't think it's even humanly possible to be able to discern such small changes.

Somewhat tongue-in-cheek. The curvature seen in the video, I believe, is due to the windshield. When the sunsets, it leaves a curvature on the horizon.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8cJslmVYAA4Q0Z.jpg[/video]

Low flying jets can travel 10 miles in one minute.

No jet has ever recorded a drop of 66 feet in 10 miles.

Extremely low level flying in fighter jets

The few times you think you see a curved horizon is created by the curved canopy over the cockpit.

--Dave

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you saying you saw the curvature of the earth first hand?
I flew too far too many times to be convinced the earth is a disk. I am also a very rational person. The model doesn't hold any water for me. I have seen objects appear over the horizon as I flew in aircraft and also I have done time on an aircraft carrier. I watched ships appear over the horizon. I am just not convinced by the flat earth model.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I flew too far too many times to be convinced the earth is a disk. I am also a very rational person. The model doesn't hold any water for me. I have seen objects appear over the horizon as I flew in aircraft and also I have done time on an aircraft carrier. I watched ships appear over the horizon. I am just not convinced by the flat earth model.

And you never saw the water drop away under you as you flew over it as it should have if the earth is curved.

--Dave

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you never saw the water drop away under you as you flew over it as it should have if the earth is curved.

--Dave

:dizzy:
:sigh:
:dunce:

It is fruitless to debate you. The FE arguments on this are not rational. You have depended on videos which I have tried to watch. They made my eyes bleed with their sheer stupidity. Because of the pull of gravity the plane stays at the same altitude in relationship with the surface of the earth. I am sure others have already told you this.

I am not buying the FE nonsense. It belongs right there with astrology and blood letting.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It is fruitless to debate you. The FE arguments on this are not rational. You have depended on videos which I have tried to watch. They made my eyes bleed with their sheer stupidity. Because of the pull of gravity the plane stays at the same altitude in relationship with the surface of the earth. I am sure others have already told you this.

I am not buying the FE nonsense. It belongs right there with astrology and blood letting.

I think you're in sheer denial. You know what I said is absolutely true.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think you're in sheer denial. You know what I said is absolutely true.

--Dave
Once people are 100% sure we're on a ball in endless space and have a dummy in a car with unprotected materials that would melt even on earth, they won't hear anything that goes against that. The whole idea, even though scripture supports it, belongs with witches, warlocks, and "blood-letting". It's amazing how people can be completely sure of things we know nothing about, because "they" won't tell the world population the real truth of what we've learned.

It would prove God is real. Wars might stop, no TV evangelists scamming the church goers, less mind control and worldwide government oppression etc.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The so called "pull of gravity" does not control a plane, the pilot does.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
114edf501fea4f775df5fb3c20a99380.jpg
http://chemistry.elmhurst.edu/vchembook/123Adensitygas.html">

Status
Not open for further replies.