The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
but you can't come back up the other side. It's simple, try and keep up. Go from the top of the ball to the bottom of the ball. You with me? Then come back up the OTHER SIDE. Nobody can do it in a plane, a jet. a boat, a ship, a nuclear powered submarine or a rocket, balloon or any other mode of transport. No matter where you start on the planet if you go south and keep going south, you never stop going south. Why?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure if anyone has, mainly because of the expensiveness of such a journey.

But making an argument that the earth is flat because no one has done so is called an argument from silence.

Making an argument from the earth is a globe because we can travel over antarctica even though nobody has done it is an unverified argument from imagination.

--Dave

WatchmanOnTheWall

but you can't come back up the other side. It's simple, try and keep up. Go from the top of the ball to the bottom of the ball. You with me? Then come back up the OTHER SIDE. Nobody can do it in a plane, a jet. a boat, a ship, a nuclear powered submarine or a rocket, balloon or any other mode of transport. No matter where you start on the planet if you go south and keep going south, you never stop going south. Why?

I thought we managed to sort out your grammar on this?

"if you go south and keep going south, you never stop going south."

What I think you mean is:

"If you keep going south you end up at the most southerly point. Any further movement away from that point would automatically result in a northerly direction of travel."

You also keep repeating, "Go from the top of the ball to the bottom of the ball. You with me? Then come back up the OTHER SIDE. Nobody can"

As if this repetition constitutes proof? No matter where you state this once or an infinite number of times it is not proof.

Have you got any proof yet?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I thought we managed to sort out your grammar on this?

"if you go south and keep going south, you never stop going south."

What I think you mean is:

"If you keep going south you end up at the most southerly point. Any further movement away from that point would automatically result in a northerly direction of travel."

You also keep repeating, "Go from the top of the ball to the bottom of the ball. You with me? Then come back up the OTHER SIDE. Nobody can"

As if this repetition constitutes proof? No matter where you state this once or an infinite number of times it is not proof.

Have you got any proof yet?
I'm saying that from any place on the globe if you go south and keep going south you will never come back north again. You would continue south to infinity. You CANNOT circumnavigate the globe by heading south. I was going to edit because I typed it real fast but you can't edit here. Now prove me wrong.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm saying that from any place on the globe if you go south and keep going south you will never come back north again. You would continue south to infinity. You CANNOT circumnavigate the globe by heading south. I was going to edit because I typed it real fast but you can't edit here. Now prove me wrong.
Who can prove this wrong? Forget the math and the angles and degrees, assumptions and distances. Simple question with no answers.

[FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]here is no southernmost point at which you would start going back up north again. You cannot circumnavigate the globe by going south. You will keep going south to infinity.[/FONT]

WatchmanOnTheWall

Okay.

On the globe model of the Earth, if you keep going south you end up at the south pole but any further movement from that point results in a northerly direction of travel. Comprende?

However, on a flat Earth Model of the Earth then you statement is true. Now do you understand.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Okay.

On the globe model of the Earth, if you keep going south you end up at the south pole but any further movement from that point results in a northerly direction of travel. Comprende?

However, on a flat Earth Model of the Earth then you statement is true. Now do you understand.
I'm saying you're wrong. You never start going north again. It can't be done and never has been done. I'm saying that in reality, you will never get to the southernmost point. There is no real south pole, they go about halfway around the world from north to south according to what science says the circumference is and then call that the south pole. Then start heading back in the direction they came from. Nobody can ever do what you say happens.You start going south from anywhere on the "globe" and you will go south forever. Don't act like you get what I'm saying.

Lon

Here's one I've asked 20 times in two threads: Who can go from the top of the ball to the bottom of the ball and then back up the other side? Nobody. Because when you head south you keep going south.
You'll have to unpack this too. I've no idea what you are saying. I can fly around the globe starting north, south, east, or west.

Did you realize a map isn't accurate? If you went to fly from Cape Horn to the Cape of Good Hope, it isn't as far as depicted on a map. What does that prove? That the world isn't flat. It proves it.

Lon

Spoiler
orange-peel-map1.png

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You'll have to unpack this too. I've no idea what you are saying. I can fly around the globe starting north, south, east, or west.

Did you realize a map isn't accurate? If you went to fly from Cape Horn to the Cape of Good Hope, it isn't as far as depicted on a map. What does that prove? That the world isn't flat. It proves it.
I'm working on a more succinct post and I already have you tagged. I'm still planning to cut back but depends on what everybody else does too. I can't sit on the sidelines when Dave is the only one against globers. :chuckle:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I'm saying you're wrong. You never start going north again. It can't be done and never has been done. I'm saying that in reality, you will never get to the southernmost point. There is no real south pole, they go about halfway around the world from north to south according to what science says the circumference is and then call that the south pole. Then start heading back in the direction they came from. Nobody can ever do what you say happens.You start going south from anywhere on the "globe" and you will go south forever. Don't act like you get what I'm saying.

No, I get what you are saying. What I am trying to get you to see is a hypothetical. Do you know what that means?

I am saying pretend the globe model is correct for a moment. Your statement:

"from any place on the globe if you go south and keep going south you will never come back north again."

Is true because unless you turn around and go north, all you would do is end up at the south pole and stop moving, as any further movement from that point would result in a northerly direction of travel.

Now we will pretend the flat Earth model is correct, (another hypothetical for arguments sake). Your statement:

"from any place on the globe if you go south and keep going south you will never come back north again."

Is also true because again unless you turn around you will keep TRAVELLING south forever without stopping.

Therefore you need to word what you are saying differently in order for it to make sense. It is your grammar/English comprehension that is the problem here.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Last time I'm posting this question today and I want to be clear. This question is for globers using a globe/ball/sphere as the model. On a globe starting at the top/north pole. Go south all the way to the bottom/the alleged south pole. Then keep going so that on a globe you would be coming back up the other side and going north again. This is called a circumnavigation. I propose that it can't be done and never has been done. Not with any mode of transportation available. Leave fuel and cold weather out of the scenario and imagine perfect weather and unlimited fuel/power source. It can't be done with a plane, jet, rocket, balloon, submarine, ship or boat.

I propose that there is no legitimate south pole and no "southernmost" point exists. I say, that if you go south, starting from any point on the globe you will never start going north again and that you will just stay going south forever. So, on a globe you can't go from the top to the bottom and back up the other side in one complete circle. If this isn't clear to anyone let me know and I'll try to explain better.

What really happens if you go south from any point on the map and keep going south is, you will never at any point start going north.

Since we're never all on at the same time I'm tagging a few users, because my plan was to cut way back on this topic after Monday. I don't like that I can't edit on this thread and Sherman doesn't like the topic. I plan to use my conspiracy thread for science and the Biblical thread for scriptures. If I get quoted in this thread I'll reply.

The best question to debunk flat earth that I've encountered so far was from my mom and my cousin. They asked, "how could so many people be in on it? Why would NASA (Nasha in Hebrew is to deceive or bequile Strongs: 5378) lie and why would governments not tell everybody?" "Wouldn't they be happy and tell the world?" I smiled. That's why I have the Conspiracy thread :)
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] (just to see the question) [MENTION=15338]Right Divider[/MENTION] [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] [MENTION=19670]WatchmanOnTheWall[/MENTION] (you already answered it's just a clearer question) [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] :chuckle: [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] [MENTION=2451]The Berean[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] :chuckle: [MENTION=7849]tetelestai[/MENTION] [MENTION=7959]WizardofOz[/MENTION] [MENTION=7053]SaulToPaul[/MENTION] :chuckle: [MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION] @Stipe [MENTION=16154]User Name[/MENTION] @jsanford

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, I get what you are saying. What I am trying to get you to see is a hypothetical. Do you know what that means?

I am saying pretend the globe model is correct for a moment. Your statement:

It's clear that you don't understand what a true circumnavigation is. Imagine drawing a complete perfect circle around a ball in a straight line with a pencil. You can't "turn around and come back the way you came" in a circumnavigation. Forget it, I tagged you in another post, just disregard until you figure it out.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Last time I'm posting this question today and I want to be clear. This question is for globers using a globe/ball/sphere as the model. On a globe starting at the top/north pole. Go south all the way to the bottom/the alleged south pole. Then keep going so that on a globe you would be coming back up the other side and going north again. This is called a circumnavigation. I propose that it can't be done and never has been done. Not with any mode of transportation available. Leave fuel and cold weather out of the scenario and imagine perfect weather and unlimited fuel/power source. It can't be done with a plane, jet, rocket, balloon, submarine, ship or boat.

I propose that there is no legitimate south pole and no "southernmost" point exists. I say, that if you go south, starting from any point on the globe you will never start going north again and that you will just stay going south forever. So, on a globe you can't go from the top to the bottom and back up the other side in one complete circle. If this isn't clear to anyone let me know and I'll try to explain better.

What really happens if you go south from any point on the map and keep going south is, you will never at any point start going north.

Since we're never all on at the same time I'm tagging a few users, because my plan was to cut way back on this topic after Monday. I don't like that I can't edit on this thread and Sherman doesn't like the topic. I plan to use my conspiracy thread for science and the Biblical thread for scriptures. If I get quoted in this thread I'll reply.

The best question to debunk flat earth that I've encountered so far was from my mom and my cousin. They asked, "how could so many people be in on it? Why would NASA (Nasha in Hebrew is to deceive or bequile Strongs: 5378) lie and why would governments not tell everybody?" "Wouldn't they be happy and tell the world?" I smiled. That's why I have the Conspiracy thread :)
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] (just to see the question) [MENTION=15338]Right Divider[/MENTION] [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] [MENTION=19670]WatchmanOnTheWall[/MENTION] (you already answered it's just a clearer question) [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] :chuckle: [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] [MENTION=2451]The Berean[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] :chuckle: [MENTION=7849]tetelestai[/MENTION] [MENTION=7959]WizardofOz[/MENTION] [MENTION=7053]SaulToPaul[/MENTION] :chuckle: [MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION] @Stipe [MENTION=16154]User Name[/MENTION] @jsanford

Well done, you're explaining it correctly now. :)

But you are wrong, not just because what you Mum says but also because of lack of evidence. Therefore please put forward one item that you believe is evidence of a flat Earth. Anything you like. Just one.

WatchmanOnTheWall

It's clear that you don't understand what a true circumnavigation is. Imagine drawing a complete perfect circle around a ball in a straight line with a pencil. You can't "turn around and come back the way you came" in a circumnavigation. Forget it, I tagged you in another post, just disregard until you figure it out.

No, you have up till now been explaining incorrectly (poor grammar/comprehension) but you have at last explained it perfectly in your last post. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:
Use a nuclear sub or a solar plane, no fuel needed. If cold weather is the reason that's just another lie. so why can't it be done? Money? Weather? Fuel? Solved. If it could be done it would have been. Since it's a flat earth, going south goes on forever. Prove it wrong. I can't wait to start debunking your stuff in your new flat earth proof thread. BTW, learn how to use the quote function, dorkslap. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.