The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Like I said, pat answers. You didn't read anything else except one excerpt from that link and you have answers and questions two minutes apart.

3 minutes - If you have time.

THE most undeniable proof of the Flat Earth SUN! Mindblowing Clip!

https://youtu.be/p_9cFTQg7NE

Did you notice that in his example he uses two separate surfaces. Is it your contention that the flat earth is actually a flat earth and a flat plane above the earth that serves to give the appearance of the sun falling below a horizon? I thought it was your claim that the sun is above the Earth tracking a circular path over the disk.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I do peruse your posts. And I watch your short videos. I do not have the time to watch your hour plus vids. But the question is simple. People standing at the north pole see the North Star directly overhead. People at the equator see the north pole on the horizon. People south of the equator don't see it all. If the Earth is flat, why can't people see the same star from every point on the surface?
Give me some time, I'm trying to answer questions from multiple posters. I told RD I would research that. I completely understand about hour long videos. Again, off the top of my head, the heavenly bodies move in a circular motion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]Flat Earth Arctic Midnight Sun Proof ✅ (Re-upload)[/h]

10 minutes

If the Earth were actually a spinning globe revolving around the Sun, the only place such a phenomenon as the Midnight Sun could be observed would be at the poles. Any other vantage point from 89 degrees latitude downwards could never, regardless of any tilt or inclination, see the Sun for 24 hours straight. To see the Sun for an entire revolution on a spinning globe at a point other than the poles, you would have to be looking through miles and miles of land and sea for part of the revolution! Anyone below the 89th parallel could never witness the Sun for 72 hours, 3 whole revolutions, straight because to do so would be to assume you are somehow seeing “through the globe” and to the Sun on the other side! Since such an assumption is ridiculous, and yet the Midnight Sun can clearly be seen as low as the 65 parallel, this is another absolute proof that Earth is the flat, stationary center of the universe.

https://youtu.be/m7xOqYCLr-U

Clicking on the link instead of the video ensures a full screen

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did you notice that in his example he uses two separate surfaces. Is it your contention that the flat earth is actually a flat earth and a flat plane above the earth that serves to give the appearance of the sun falling below a horizon? I thought it was your claim that the sun is above the Earth tracking a circular path over the disk.
It is.

Right Divider

Body part
I will search for that, I promise. I'm not 100% sure of an accurate flat earth map, but off the top of my head, I THINK the north pole is at the center of the flat earth model.
That is correct. I would have thought that you would already be familiar with that, since you are defending that model.

I think it IS REALLY SIMPLE, and it makes perfect sense that people at the equator see the north star on the horizon while people at the pole see it overhead. On A FLAT EARTH.
You know nothing about geometry.

The only way that could possibly work would on a flat earth if Polaris were about 10 feet above the earth. Is that what you think?

View attachment 26135

It's a pretty poor picture (I just made it), but explain how the observers at the equator can see Polaris at the horizon.

Right Divider

Body part
I do peruse your posts. And I watch your short videos. I do not have the time to watch your hour plus vids. But the question is simple. People standing at the north pole see the North Star directly overhead. People at the equator see the north pole on the horizon. People south of the equator don't see it all. If the Earth is flat, why can't people see the same star from every point on the surface?
It's a simple question with a simple answer.

Right Divider

Body part
Like I said, pat answers. You didn't read anything else except one excerpt from that link and you have answers and questions two minutes apart.

3 minutes - If you have time.

THE most undeniable proof of the Flat Earth SUN! Mindblowing Clip!

https://youtu.be/p_9cFTQg7NE

His viewing angle is from BELOW the table. How you we get BELOW the flat earth to see a sunset?

Perspective would cause the sun to get smaller as it gets farther way. This NOT what we see:
eSLOMjXemE72ckPaLJcZNaijoeI3Iz27Mczzs_PvaLMHnV6ZQc7S-yj0DXxVxSaLT50uydRs9J7o3Pd_9zH1zVv-5iVVx3X1k32_B2WDNLqc=s0-d-e1-ft

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Time for you to answer a question. 3 minutes

[h=1]Flat Earth, its over, Moon tells all.[/h]

https://youtu.be/rSP_afWjKss

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't know why you guys can't grasp the flat earth reality. :chuckle:

Nearly half the earth is lit by the sun at any given time. The sun moves, the earth does not. The moon moves, the earth does not. The stars move, the earth does not. Elementary.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

Flat Earth, its over, Moon tells all.

The short answer is that he totally mucked up his times! You would not see the moon over the USA and Australia at the same time, they are on opposites sides of the globe. On the other hand, if it is a flat plane then you would necessarily see the moon from Australia and America at the same time.

Right Divider

Body part

Flat Earth, its over, Moon tells all.

Every video that you post is sillier than the one before.

The moon is NOT visible to all parts of the earth at the same time, no matter what that dude says.

The charts that he is referring to simply shows the percentage of the moon WHEN IT'S VISIBLE and NOT at the TIME that he uses.

Simply check moon RISE times at different locations. It's really easy to do:
View attachment 26136View attachment 26137

He is just confused.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The short answer is that he totally mucked up his times! You would not see the moon over the USA and Australia at the same time, they are on opposites sides of the globe. On the other hand, if it is a flat plane then you would necessarily see the moon from Australia and America at the same time.
No, he didn't get the times wrong. It's a different time in Australia than Tennessee, remember? He is showing that you CAN see the sun and moon at the SAME TIME from Australia and Tennessee. Obviously, the time zones are different. Thus proving what you said yourself: If it is a flat plane then you would necessarily see the moon from Australia and America at the same time.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
No, he didn't get the times wrong. It's a different time in Australia than Tennessee, remember? He is showing that you CAN see the sun and moon at the SAME TIME from Australia and Tennessee. Obviously, the time zones are different. Thus proving what you said yourself: If it is a flat plane then you would necessarily see the moon from Australia and America at the same time.

That is what he is attempting to assert but it is not the case. It looks like he used the table he was referencing incorrectly. In any case, his explanation is exactly backwards. On a flat Earth you could see the sun and the moon at the same time regardless. On a globe earth it is not possible to see the sun at the same time for two locations on the opposite side of the globe. Do you understand that?

On a flat Earth with the sun and moon tracing circles above the disk there is no point on that disk from which it would not be possible to see the sun and moon at the same time.

Right Divider

Body part
No, you cannot see the moon in Australia and the US at the same time. His understanding is wrong and you believe him.

Moon Rise in Nashville TN is 6:47 PM which is 11:47 AM in Sydney. Moon Rise in Sydney is not until 9:19 PM

How can Sydney see the moon at 11:47 AM when the moon does not rise until 9:19 PM?

The moon sets in Sydney at 6:37 AM.... How can they see the moon at 11:47 AM if it set at 6:37?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That is what he is attempting to assert but it is not the case. It looks like he used the table he was referencing incorrectly. In any case, his explanation is exactly backwards. On a flat Earth you could see the sun and the moon at the same time regardless. On a globe earth it is not possible to see the sun at the same time for two locations on the opposite side of the globe. Do you understand that?

On a flat Earth with the sun and moon tracing circles above the disk there is no point on that disk from which it would not be possible to see the sun and moon at the same time.
You haven't seen the sun as a spotlight type model circling the flat earth? Maybe you ignored it. What does make sense is the point you raised about the sun decreasing in size as it sets with a flat earth perspective POV. I have to try finding that. Keep in mind it's much more difficult to find flat earth data than spinning, flying ball data.

Right Divider

Body part
No, you cannot see the moon in Australia and the US at the same time. His understanding is wrong and you believe him.

Moon Rise in Nashville TN is 6:47 PM which is 11:47 AM in Sydney. Moon Rise in Sydney is not until 9:19 PM

How can Sydney see the moon at 11:47 AM when the moon does not rise until 9:19 PM?

The moon sets in Sydney at 6:37 AM.... How can they see the moon at 11:47 AM if it set at 6:37?
In other words, the moon is visible from 9:19 PM to 6:37 AM in Sydney. But cannot be seen at 11:47 AM when it IS VISIBLE in Nashville TN.

Got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.