The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
On which day of creation did God put the earth in motion? Which day did God start sending the earth around the sun? It seems something that significant would be written.
God did not write the Bible to satisfy your curiosities not mine.

If everything in space is moving at break neck speeds, it points to a big bang beginning.
No, it does not. That would be the assumption of someone that believes the "Big Bang theory".

If our galaxy is flying through space as all other galaxies are claimed to, then the sun is flying through space as well. Are we to believe that a picture of the Milky Way was taken from outside the galaxy?
What are you talking about?

If you believe we're on a flying spinning ball then it stands to reason that you believe in evolution as the reason for mankind.
Once again, you make FALSE assumptions. That is ridiculous.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God did not write the Bible to satisfy your curiosities not mine.
It's not simply a "curiosity", RD. There are about 60 Bible verses describing a fixed, immovable, enclosed flat earth. God gave us ample evidence. I am no longer 100% sure the earth is a travelling spinning ball, if you are, congratulations. I am also not convinced we are on a flat earth. I have doubts and questions and perhaps something will eventually convince me of one or the other.

Right Divider

Body part
It's not simply a "curiosity", RD. There are about 60 Bible verses describing a fixed, immovable, enclosed flat earth.
They do no such thing PJ. They have to be taken out of context to make them mean that.

God gave us ample evidence. I am no longer 100% sure the earth is a travelling spinning ball, if you are, congratulations. I am also not convinced we are on a flat earth. I have doubts and questions and perhaps something will eventually convince me of one or the other.
There have been numerous (and I do mean numerous) examples throughout this thread that the earth is a spinning spherical object. If you do not see that, then you are just not listening.

If you wouldn't mind giving us your "flat earth" explanation of these, I'd appreciate it.
  • The sun setting on the horizon.
  • The reason for opposite seasons in the northern and southern hemispheres.
  • An ~12 hour plane flight from Sydney to Santiago.
  • The Coriolis effect.
  • Ships disappearing over the horizon, bottom first.
  • The moon and the sun not visible from the entire planet at the same time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They do no such thing PJ. They have to be taken out of context to make them mean that.

There have been numerous (and I do mean numerous) examples throughout this thread that the earth is a spinning spherical object. If you do not see that, then you are just not listening.

If you wouldn't mind giving us your "flat earth" explanation of these, I'd appreciate it.
  • The sun setting on the horizon.
  • The reason for opposite seasons in the northern and southern hemispheres.
  • An ~12 hour plane flight from Sydney to Santiago.
  • The Coriolis effect.
  • Ships disappearing over the horizon, bottom first.
  • The moon and the sun not visible from the entire planet at the same time.
Sure, after you explain the 10 minute video I just posted.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can clearly see the slight curvature of the horizon in the early part of that video.

Why do people at the equator see the star Polaris on the horizon, while people at the north pole see it directly overhead?
This link answers most or all of the "proofs" you posed.

[h=3]# 17 If A Flat Earth, Why Does the Sun Go Down? | Aplanetruth.info[/h]
Here is one excerpt: Law of Perspective“This law of Perspective meets us on every hand; and cannot be gainsaid.
If, in a straight line, we look at a frozen lake from a certain distance, we shall observe people who appear to be skating on their knees, but, if we approach sufficiently near, we shall see them performing graceful motions on their feet. Farther, if we look through a straight tunnel, we shall notice that the roof and the roadway below converge to a point of light at the end.
It is the same law which makes the hills sink, to the horizon, as the observer recedes, which explains how the ship’s hull disappears in the offing. I would also remark that when the sea is undisturbed by waves, the hull can be restored to sight by the aid of a good telescope long after it has disappeared from the naked eye, thus proving that the ship had not gone down behind the watery hill of a convex globe, but is still sailing on the level of a Plane sea.” -David Wardlaw Scott, “Terra Firma” (75)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=3]# 17 If A Flat Earth, Why Does the Sun Go Down? | Aplanetruth.info[/h]

The Sun never sets or rises, it stays the same distance over the Earth throughout it’s daily/annual journeys around. The appearance of rising and setting is all based on the law of perspective on plane surfaces. The Sun and Moon spotlights are perpetually hovering over and parallel to the surface of the Earth.

From our vantage point, due to the Law of Perspective, the day/night luminaries appear to rise up the Eastern horizon, curve peaking high overhead, and then sink below the Western horizon. They do not escape to the underside of the Flat-Earth as one might imagine, but rather rotate concentric clockwise circles around the circumference from tropic to tropic.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yep.... I don't have time for those crazy videos.

Why do people at the equator see the star Polaris on the horizon, while people at the north pole see it directly overhead?
Answered and debunked already. I don't have time for deceptive conclusions, too crazy. If you don't have time, stop posting about it.

Right Divider

Body part
This link answers most or all of the "proofs" you posed.

# 17 If A Flat Earth, Why Does the Sun Go Down? | Aplanetruth.info

Here is one excerpt: Law of Perspective“This law of Perspective meets us on every hand; and cannot be gainsaid.
If, in a straight line, we look at a frozen lake from a certain distance, we shall observe people who appear to be skating on their knees, but, if we approach sufficiently near, we shall see them performing graceful motions on their feet. Farther, if we look through a straight tunnel, we shall notice that the roof and the roadway below converge to a point of light at the end.
It is the same law which makes the hills sink, to the horizon, as the observer recedes, which explains how the ship’s hull disappears in the offing. I would also remark that when the sea is undisturbed by waves, the hull can be restored to sight by the aid of a good telescope long after it has disappeared from the naked eye, thus proving that the ship had not gone down behind the watery hill of a convex globe, but is still sailing on the level of a Plane sea.” -David Wardlaw Scott, “Terra Firma” (75)
That explanation is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

If this explanation were true, the sun would get SMALLER as it "set". But even on the page they show that this does NOT happen.

View attachment 26134

Status
Not open for further replies.