Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In the flat earth model (according to this video), the sun is ALWAYS the same distance from the north pole.... so why does the sun still set? What happened to the "perspective" when the distance never changes.

FALSE theory, that's what.
Perhaps you have difficulty understanding. The video does NOT say the sun is always the same distance from the north pole. If you're going to watch a minute or two or not watch at all and then misrepresent the videos then you have reached your limit of contribution to the thread. But the CAPS really bolster your points.

Right Divider

Body part
Perhaps you have difficulty understanding. The video does NOT say the sun is always the same distance from the north pole. If you're going to watch a minute or two or not watch at all and then misrepresent the videos then you have reached your limit of contribution to the thread. But the CAPS really bolster your points.
In the VIDEO at ~11:26 he says that "if you were in the center of the circle, LIKE AT THE NORTH POLE".

Later he says that the north pole is "at the exact center of the circle".

Do you watch the videos that you post?

Right Divider

Body part

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nothing to see here... move along.
Right, ignore the Bible. Please, move along, you're wasting your time here. You've shown so much irrefutable proof there's no need for anything else. I am aware that not all 60 verses say flat earth under a dome, thanks for picking two. That proves everything.

From you:
In the VIDEO at ~11:26 he says that "if you were in the center of the circle, LIKE AT THE NORTH POLE".

Later he says that the north pole is "at the exact center of the circle".

Do you watch the videos that you post?
But first you claimed it said the sun was ALWAYS the same distance from the north pole, you lied. That was after you said you don't watch the crazy videos I post because you don't have time. I'm not trying to anger you, I'm brand new to the flat earth theory.

[h=3]The Atlantean Conspiracy: Polaris Proves the Flat Earth - Not a video[/h]
This is only one excerpt:
Another thing is certain, that from within the equator the north pole star, and the constellations Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, and many others, can be seen from every meridian simultaneously; whereas in the south, from the equator, neither the so-called south pole star, nor the remarkable constellation of the Southern Cross, can be seen simultaneously from every meridian, showing that all the constellations of the south - pole star included - sweep over a great southern arc and across the meridian, from their rise in the evening to their setting in the morning. But if the earth is a globe, Sigma Octantis, a south pole star, and the Southern Cross, a southern circumpolar constellation, they would all be visible at the same time from every longitude on the same latitude, as is the case with the northern pole star and the northern circumpolar constellations. Such, however, is not the case.” -Dr. Samuel Rowbotham, “Zetetic Astronomy, Earth Not a Globe!” (286)

Right Divider

Body part
Right, ignore the Bible. Please, move along, you're wasting your time here. You've shown so much irrefutable proof there's no need for anything else. I am aware that not all 60 verses say flat earth under a dome, thanks for picking two. That proves everything.
I did NOT "ignore the Bible". I just picked the FIRST TWO and that already shows that you and your FE folks are misinterpreting THOSE TWO verses. I didn't feel the need to refute all 60.

From you:
But first you claimed it said the sun was ALWAYS the same distance from the north pole, you lied. That was after you said you don't watch the crazy videos I post because you don't have time. I'm not trying to anger you, I'm brand new to the flat earth theory.
I watched a video where the guy said that the north pole was at the CENTER of the circle of the suns daily path around the world. I was told in another video that you posted that the reason we see "the sun set" is because of PERSPECTIVE.... i.e., the sun moving AWAY from the viewer. Since the north pole is at the CENTER of the suns daily path, the sun is ALWAYS at the SAME distance.

Why do you have problems with understand that these TWO things are contradictory and falsify the very thing that they claim as an EXPLANATION for the sunset in the FE model?

The Atlantean Conspiracy: Polaris Proves the Flat Earth - Not a video

This is only one excerpt:
Another thing is certain, that from within the equator the north pole star, and the constellations Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, and many others, can be seen from every meridian simultaneously; whereas in the south, from the equator, neither the so-called south pole star, nor the remarkable constellation of the Southern Cross, can be seen simultaneously from every meridian, showing that all the constellations of the south - pole star included - sweep over a great southern arc and across the meridian, from their rise in the evening to their setting in the morning. But if the earth is a globe, Sigma Octantis, a south pole star, and the Southern Cross, a southern circumpolar constellation, they would all be visible at the same time from every longitude on the same latitude, as is the case with the northern pole star and the northern circumpolar constellations. Such, however, is not the case.” -Dr. Samuel Rowbotham, “Zetetic Astronomy, Earth Not a Globe!” (286)
That is a confused dude.

Once again I'll ask a very simple question that you should easily be able to answer: Why do people at the equator see the star Polaris on the horizon, while people at the north pole see it directly overhead?

Show me a diagram of the flat earth that explains this (knowing that it's impossible).

FYI: 0 degrees (Polaris at the north pole) and 90 degrees (Polaris at the equator) are perpendicular to each other.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I watched a video where the guy said that the north pole was at the CENTER of the circle of the suns daily path around the world. I was told in another video that you posted that the reason we see "the sun set" is because of PERSPECTIVE.... i.e., the sun moving AWAY from the viewer. Since the north pole is at the CENTER of the suns daily path, the sun is ALWAYS at the SAME distance.

Why do you have problems with understand that these TWO things are contradictory and falsify the very thing that they claim as an EXPLANATION for the sunset in the FE model?

That is a confused dude.

Once again I'll ask a very simple question that you should easily be able to answer: Why do people at the equator see the star Polaris on the horizon, while people at the north pole see it directly overhead?

Since you don't watch the whole short videos you are still confused about what it says. The answers to your question of why people see Polaris differently have been supplied. You ignored it. If this is all you're going to do, why do it? Are you concerned that this theory is hurting people? As I said, I have seen and heard "evidence" of a spinning ball all my life and I ignored this thread since it started until the last week or so because it was impossible to not be a sphere. You have pat answers that confirm your belief, I don't yet.

I don't want to believe it's a flat earth and I'm not enjoying this. Every picture in my head is a globe earth. Why can't we see a REAL picture of earth from space? We that doubt the globe model have simple questions are not adequately answered. Part of the deception of the sun, moon and stars are that they are millions and trillions upon trillions of miles away.

Genesis 1:16 KJV - [FONT=&quot]And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

[/FONT]
God made two lights. Not one light and a reflection of that one light.

Right Divider

Body part
Since you don't watch the whole short videos you are still confused about what it says. The answers to your question of why people see Polaris differently have been supplied. You ignored it.
You may think that you've answered this, but you have NOT.

At the north pole people see Polaris directly overhead. People at the equator see Polaris at the horizon which is EXACTLY perpendicular to directly overhead.

Show how this is possible on a flat earth. Some flat earther must have try to draw a picture of this.

It's REALLY simple.

Right Divider

Body part

At the north pole people see Polaris directly overhead. People at the equator see Polaris at the horizon which is EXACTLY perpendicular to directly overhead.

Show how this is possible on a flat earth. Some flat earther must have try to draw a picture of this.

It's REALLY simple.
Also note that people in the southern hemisphere cannot even SEE Polaris at all.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
This link answers most or all of the "proofs" you posed.

# 17 If A Flat Earth, Why Does the Sun Go Down? | Aplanetruth.info

Here is one excerpt: Law of Perspective“This law of Perspective meets us on every hand; and cannot be gainsaid.
If, in a straight line, we look at a frozen lake from a certain distance, we shall observe people who appear to be skating on their knees, but, if we approach sufficiently near, we shall see them performing graceful motions on their feet. Farther, if we look through a straight tunnel, we shall notice that the roof and the roadway below converge to a point of light at the end.
It is the same law which makes the hills sink, to the horizon, as the observer recedes, which explains how the ship’s hull disappears in the offing. I would also remark that when the sea is undisturbed by waves, the hull can be restored to sight by the aid of a good telescope long after it has disappeared from the naked eye, thus proving that the ship had not gone down behind the watery hill of a convex globe, but is still sailing on the level of a Plane sea.” -David Wardlaw Scott, “Terra Firma” (75)

These are actually the effect of a curved earth, not perspective. According to perspective, you would ALWAYS see the feet of a skater.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
# 17 If A Flat Earth, Why Does the Sun Go Down? | Aplanetruth.info

The Sun never sets or rises, it stays the same distance over the Earth throughout it’s daily/annual journeys around. The appearance of rising and setting is all based on the law of perspective on plane surfaces. The Sun and Moon spotlights are perpetually hovering over and parallel to the surface of the Earth.

From our vantage point, due to the Law of Perspective, the day/night luminaries appear to rise up the Eastern horizon, curve peaking high overhead, and then sink below the Western horizon. They do not escape to the underside of the Flat-Earth as one might imagine, but rather rotate concentric clockwise circles around the circumference from tropic to tropic.

THe law of perspective says the sun would fade to a point. Why does it become a half circle instead?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

It's REALLY simple.
I will search for that, I promise. I'm not 100% sure of an accurate flat earth map, but off the top of my head, I THINK the north pole is at the center of the flat earth model. I think it IS REALLY SIMPLE, and it makes perfect sense that people at the equator see the north star on the horizon while people at the pole see it overhead. On A FLAT EARTH.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I meant to put this in the last post.

617nAsDfXNL.jpg

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You're doing the same thing as RD with a lot less effort. Peruse some my posts if you're serious, otherwise thanks for playing. :carryon:

I do peruse your posts. And I watch your short videos. I do not have the time to watch your hour plus vids. But the question is simple. People standing at the north pole see the North Star directly overhead. People at the equator see the north pole on the horizon. People south of the equator don't see it all. If the Earth is flat, why can't people see the same star from every point on the surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.