ECT The "Church" at Acts 2 Was Not the Body of Christ

Jerry Shugart

Paul not only taught believe and repent TO BE SAVED (Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20), but he also taught that we should continue to OBEY AFTER WE ARE SAVED:

Repent means to have a change of mind. Before anyone can believe they must first have a change of mind.

You are still in need of repentance because you still refuse to believe what is written here:

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:15).​

StanJ

The promise of the New Covenant is only given to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. If they have not yet received the blessing then the New Covenantt is no longer in effect.

The NC was given FIRST to Israel and then to the rest of the world. Read Rom 11 Jerry before making such fatal assertions.

It was in effect on the day of Pentecost. And then Peter offered the kingdom to the nation of Israel and they rejected it.

It wasn't his to offer, he was being lead by the Holy Spirit to TELL the people what HAD transpired and to remind them that what had been prophesied in Joel and Jeremiah had come to pass.

Then the Lord began a new program and chose Paul to be the Apostle of the Gentiles and thus began a dispensation which had nothing to do with the prophecies of the OT--the "dispensation of the mystery" (Eph.3:9; ASV).

It was ALL part of God's NC plan, not a new program as you call it.
1 Peter 1:2 (NIV)
2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)
Titus 3:4-7 (NIV)
Acts 2:23 (NIV)
Acts 4:11-12 (NIV)
Acts 17:30-31 (NIV)
Col 1:5 (NIV)
Rom 8:29 (NIV)
Rom 11:2 (NIV)

We are now living in that dispensation and during this time our blessings have nothing to do with anything described in the OT, including the New Covenant promised to Israel.

I'm afraid they have EVERYTHING to do with what God's prophets prophesied and what has been fulfilled already. Stay tuned for more.
1 John 3:2 (NIV)

God's Truth

Repent means to have a change of mind. Before anyone can believe they must first have a change of mind.
No such thing.

Paul did not change the meaning of repent.

You are still in need of repentance because you still refuse to believe what is written here:

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:15).​

God did not nullify all His scripture that say obey.

Jerry Shugart

God did not nullify all His scripture that say obey.

What is said here is either true or it is not:

You say that it is not true.

Paul did not change the meaning of repent.

No, Paul did not change its meaning. The primary meaning of the Greek word translated "repent" is "to change one's mind" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

I do not know where you ever got the idea that you actually know what is said in the Bible because it is a fact that you are probably the most ignorant poster on this forum.

Jerry Shugart

The NC was given FIRST to Israel and then to the rest of the world. Read Rom 11 Jerry before making such fatal assertions.

I have read Romans 11 and it will be searched in vain for such a teaching.

It wasn't his to offer, he was being lead by the Holy Spirit to TELL the people what HAD transpired and to remind them that what had been prophesied in Joel and Jeremiah had come to pass.

Are you saying that Peter was out of the will of God when He said this?:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you" (Acts 3:19-20).​

It was ALL part of God's NC plan, not a new program as you call it.

None of those verses say anything about the New Covenant belonging to the Body of Christ.

I'm afraid they have EVERYTHING to do with what God's prophets prophesied and what has been fulfilled already. Stay tuned for more.1 John 3:2 (NIV)

What about these words spoken by Paul:

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col.1:26).​

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory" (1 Cor.12:7).​

If this wisdom is found in the OT then it could not be said that was "hidden," could it?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you" (Acts 3:19-20).​

None of those verses say anything about the New Covenant belonging to the Body of Christ.

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col.1:26).​

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory" (1 Cor.12:7).​

Code:
If this wisdom is found in the OT then it could not be said that was "hidden," could it?

it was revealed to Paul; - before that, nobody knew, even Peter -

what are you you claiming ? -

StanJ

You're saying you never read in Rom 11 that Paul taught that Israel had it's shot and God moved on to other nations?

NOT what I said and you know it, so please stop equivocating and answer what I wrote.

Not sure what this has to do with what I said to you, but the issue is NOT what Peter, Paul, or Mary said, it's what YOU say.
Apparently these things are still hidden from YOU?

God's Truth

What is said here is either true or it is not:

You say that it is not true.
Do you really think that in one breath Jesus says only believe, and in the next breath he says obey, and then in the next believe only?

We have to believe and obey, as always.

No, Paul did not change its meaning. The primary meaning of the Greek word translated "repent" is "to change one's mind" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

We have always had to repent of our sins, and Paul did not change that. Stop blaspheming Paul.

I do not know where you ever got the idea that you actually know what is said in the Bible because it is a fact that you are probably the most ignorant poster on this forum.

I think you judged yourself exactly.

Jerry Shugart

We have to believe and obey, as always.

As I said, either this verse is true or it isn't:

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).

According to you that which is said here is in error because it says nothing about obeying. You have a heart of unbelief.

Jerry Shugart

You're saying you never read in Rom 11 that Paul taught that Israel had it's shot and God moved on to other nations?

That is not what you said and you know it. Instead, this is what you said:

The new Covenant was for Israel and Israel alone.

StanJ

That is not what you said and you know it. Instead, this is what you said:
The new Covenant was for Israel and Israel alone.

Even when you read and re-quote it Jerry it still says the same thing as did I. You are stuck on some type of technicality that you can't get yourself unstuck from.

Cross Reference

Even when you read and re-quote it Jerry it still says the same thing as did I. You are stuck on some type of technicality that you can't get yourself unstuck from.

But it is not a technicality in his mind but rather gross warpage of scripture that guides him in all else Jesus Christ and the NC ___ which is of Himself and what He established to make it possible..

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Not the same thing.

One of your posts speaks about the New Covenant and the other doesn't.

But to you they are the same!

You still have not given any proof from the Bible which demonstrates that those in the Body of Christ partake of the New Covenant which is promised to Israel.

God's Truth

As I said, either this verse is true or it isn't:

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).

According to you that which is said here is in error because it says nothing about obeying. You have a heart of unbelief.

We have to believe what Jesus says and Jesus says obey.

God's Truth

Not the same thing.

One of your posts speaks about the New Covenant and the other doesn't.

But to you they are the same!

You still have not given any proof from the Bible which demonstrates that those in the Body of Christ partake of the New Covenant which is promised to Israel.

2 Corinthians 3:6

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

God's Truth

Galatians 4:24

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

God's Truth

When there is a New Covenant, there are also guidelines for the New Covenant.

When Jesus was on earth, he gave all the guidelines for the New Covenant. He told us exactly how to enter it.

Last edited: