The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 2

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 2

Now Paul was not Called more effectually than any other of the Called of Jesus Christ are called, it was merely more dramatic of a call and of course it put him in a different role[In His Body] than most, that of an Apostle ! This call as Paul's was, was according to the Sovereign Will of God in Christ 1 Cor 1:1

Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

Others were called to be: helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

The Call appoints different administrations, but the same Lord.

That word administrations is the greek word Diakonia and primarily means:

service, ministering, esp. of those who execute the commands of others
of those who by the command of God proclaim and promote religion among men

All for whom Christ died are redeemed to a spiritual service/ministry or role of some type Rom 12:4-8

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Even before Called in time to service, the Called of Jesus Christ, they were in the Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus [sanctified] before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

These verses point that Out ! So this Called is pecuiliar only to God's Elect among mankind and not mankid in general !

Now of course some objectors will ask about Matt 20:16

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Yes, those verses make reference to being called, many being called, versus few being chosen, but those verses are not speaking about the Called of Jesus Christ, the Called in both of these refer to national Israel, its an national covenant call and its historical development of which only a few were ever chosen, a remnant according to the Election of Grace, So those who are called in those portion of scripture, are not the Called of Jesus Christ !

Nanja

Rom 1:1-7

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

God has a special called people, special to Him above all other People in the World, we know them in the scripture as God's Own Elect, but also they are known in scripture as " the called of Jesus Christ" for they are as Paul was here called by Grace Gal 1:15

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Also, note : Those who are eventually called by God's Grace, had a Covenant Relationship with God through Christ from their Mothers Womb as the writer of Psalms states here Ps 22:10

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Now this Grace whereby they are Called by, it was given to them in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

*** with the call of the Apostle on the road to Damascus, and effectual call of Grace is issued to all the Elect of God, The Vessels of Mercy, in fact its given to all who are the Called of Jesus Christ, the Head of His Body the Church , as was Paul Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Now understand, even though all the Called of Jesus Christ are not called to the role of an Apostle as was Paul, they nevertheless were called and set in the Body as an gifted member as was Paul and the other Apostles 1 Cor 12:27-28

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

All of Christ's members of His Body are equally important to Him,even though some may have more prominent roles, for example, the baby toe is just as important as the arm, though the arm plays a much prominent part in the function of the Body !

So when the lesser role members are called, they are called just as effectually and set into their role in the Body as were the Apostles. In Vs 28 the word set is used , its the greek word Tithemi and means:

to make (or set) for one's self or for one's use

to set, fix establish to set forth
to establish, ordain

It means appointed for Jesus Christ's Use, it means Chosen. Remember It was said of Paul here Acts 9:15

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

That's how it is with every member of Christ's Body, but the difference being all the Members of His Body were not chosen to the same Role of an Apostle as Paul was here !

Now with this said, what is often overlooked and neglected is the fact the Paul makes it clear that the Roman believers had also been the recipient of the same kind of effectual call as he himself had been, when he writes in Rom 1:6

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

They are in fact as described here Isa 48:12

12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Later Paul says of both jew and gentile believers including himself Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

The Us here stands for the Called of Jesus Christ , Paul was called just like the ordinary believer was, Just to a higher role as an Apostle , for he was no more an Vessel of Mercy as they were, for all of God's Vessels of Mercy are very Special to Him !

Amen, this is so true. God calls and draws each one of them according to His Divine Purpose, and each
of them has their own Damascus Road conversion experience. All of these chosen vessels of mercy are
Christ's treasured, special possession because He purchased them with His own Blood!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, this is so true. God calls and draws each one of them according to His Divine Purpose, and each
of them has their own Damascus Road conversion experience. All of these chosen vessels of mercy are
Christ's treasured, special possession because He purchased them with His own Blood!

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 3

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 3

The called of Jesus Christ is an effectual call and a irresistible call which does effect, bring into fruition the Purpose of God, its a Call by God's Purpose that effects it in time like here in the Call of Paul's Ministry Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

I want to highlight something here in this verse, Paul says he was made a minister or servant. The word made here is the greek word Ginomai and its a Creation word which means:

to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen of events

to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage of men appearing in public

to be made, finished of miracles, to be performed, wrought

to become, be made

So this being made a Servant / Minister is a Creation of God's Power and Grace and Spirit, and this is not something that mans freewill has anything to do with, for man has no part in what God purposed to make or Create by the Effectual working of His Power !

This verse Eph 3:7 is describing the mechanics of his being called by the Grace of God as stated here Gal 1:15

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

And all the Called of Jesus Christ [members of His Body] shall experience that same effectual working of His Power [the effectual call] , thus being made willing in the DAY OF HIS POWER as forecasted here Ps 110:3

3 Thy people [The Church] shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Paul was made willing in the Day of Christ's Power towards Acts 9:6

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

See how inn the day of Christ's Power he was made willing ? Now where was Christ at the Time ? Was He not in the place spoken of here in the Psalm 110:1-3

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Christ was then when He called Paul by His Irrestible Power at the Right Hand of the Majesty on High ! Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

That's the Day of His Power, remember He told His called disciples Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

That's the Power exercised upon all whom are the Called of Jesus Christ !

beloved57

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 4

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 4

This being called of Jesus Christ, is not according to our works [anything done by us] 2 Tim 1:9

This is a huge truth that needs to be reemphasized, that the Call of Grace in Time by the Eternal Spirit of God, in behalf of Christ, is brought about and effected, not by our works, or making a decision , or by the mythical freewill of ours, nor because of any act of ours, but according to God's Own Purpose and Grace given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, a call also grounded in God's Purpose of Eternal Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

beloved57

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 5

Ye also the called of Jesus Christ ! 5

Other names for that specific and special call of Jesus Christ are #1 The High Calling of which Christ apprehends the called one Phil 3:14

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Vs 12 says :

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

The word Katalambano and means:

to lay hold of to lay hold of so as to make one's own, to obtain, attain to, to make one's own, to take into one's self, appropriate

of Christ by his holy power and influence laying hold of the human mind and will, in order to prompt and govern it

That's the end result of that Call !

Its an Heavenly Calling Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Its an Holy Calling 2 Tim 1:9

beloved57

The Called according to His Purpose !

The Called according to His Purpose !

Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Now who are exactly the Called according to His Purpose ? Tat would be the Elect of God, for they are called according to God's Purpose of Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Its also grounded in God's Purpose and Grace 2 Tim 1:9

Which is the Purpose of the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the[Purpose]of election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Now understand something, all men are not recipients of this Call, not objects of it.

There is a calling that is strictly limited to the Called as Per 1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

In the greek its "τοῖς κλητοῖς " the definite article identifes them as a distinct group apart from all others, they are even the Called the Chosen here 1 Cor 1:26-28

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

So there is a Called which has been Chosen !

beloved57

The Called according to His Purpose ! 2

The Called according to His Purpose ! 2

Now many adversaries like to appeal to Matt 20:16; 22:14, which scriptures indicate that many are called but few chosen, hence making a difference between the Called and the Chosen ! This is True in these cases, but we deny that the called in those Two verses are the Called of Rom 8:28 ! We believe the called but not chosen in Matt 20:16; 22:14 refers to the Many of national israel, Abraham's natural , physical descendants, his children of the flesh Rom 9:8 but not of the promise ! Paul shows the difference here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election or chosen hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The Many here was Called National Israel, but the Chosen or Election was the few !

Now the Election of Rom 11:7 would be the same ones in Rom 9:11 which are according to God's Purpose of Election being called ! Which would be the same ones out of the jews that belonged to the Called of Rom 8:28 called according to His Purpose; which He also foreknew Rom 8:28-29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

And of course those He foreknew were His People Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The foreknew are the chosen here in Matt 20:16; 22:14. I took the time to explain that the Called in the Epistles as regard Salvation are also the Chosen or Elect, whereas in the Matthew verses it means only to the called physical descendants of Abraham that formulated the physical nation, but not of the elect of that nation !

So Rom 8:28 is restricted to the Called according to the Purpose of God's Election Rom 9:11 !

tomlapalm

you are placing the wrong meaning on the sequence.

exolain the different meanings for

calling
forewknowing

predestine

conformed

justified

glorified

beloved57

you are placing the wrong meaning on the sequence.

exolain the different meanings for

calling
forewknowing

predestine

conformed

justified

glorified

Now many adversaries like to appeal to Matt 20:16; 22:14, which scriptures indicate that many are called but few chosen, hence making a difference between the Called and the Chosen ! This is True in these cases, but we deny that the called in those Two verses are the Called of Rom 8:28 ! We believe the called but not chosen in Matt 20:16; 22:14 refers to the Many of national israel, Abraham's natural , physical descendants, his children of the flesh Rom 9:8 but not of the promise ! Paul shows the difference here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election or chosen hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The Many here was Called National Israel, but the Chosen or Election was the few !

Now the Election of Rom 11:7 would be the same ones in Rom 9:11 which are according to God's Purpose of Election being called ! Which would be the same ones out of the jews that belonged to the Called of Rom 8:28 called according to His Purpose; which He also foreknew Rom 8:28-29

And of course those He foreknew were His People Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The foreknew are the chosen here in Matt 20:16; 22:14. I took the time to explain that the Called in the Epistles as regard Salvation are also the Chosen or Elect, whereas in the Matthew verses it means only to the called physical descendants of Abraham that formulated the physical nation, but not of the elect of that nation !

So Rom 8:28 is restricted to the Called according to the Purpose of God's Election Rom 9:11 !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

The Called ! First sanctified !

The Called ! First sanctified !

There is a selected group among mankind that are the Called or the Called of Jesus Christ, Paul calls them " Us whome He hath called" Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Now these are special in that they are sanctified before they are called by the Gospel 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sanctification of the Spirit goes before the call of the Gospel, and in fact prepares for it !

Another scripture to this purport Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

And these sanctified ones who are called, by that caling they are manifested as the Elect of God, so Peter writes of a calling and election 2 Pet 1:10

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

This also lends credence to the Fact that its the Elect who are called by the Gospel !

beloved57

The called are first saved !

The called are first saved !

The Call of the Gospel is not to lost souls, but to souls that have been saved, and because they have been saved or are being saved, that is why they are called 2 Tim 1:9

Notice Paul wrote who Saved us, then and Called us with an Holy Calling ! The Gospel does not call lost and unholy sinners to Faith and fellowship in Christ !

One is not called in order to get saved, but one is Called because they have been saved and are being saved.

When the Gospel is preached to the called 1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

In the greek its to them the called, with the definite article, distinguishing them from the rest of mankind,

when they are being Called, they are being saved Vs 18 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

So the ones being saved here in Vs 18 are synomonous to the ones being Called in Vs 24, they're the being saved and being called !

In Vs 18 they are being Saved by the Gospel as the Power of God See also Rom 1:16 !

They are being saved and called out of darkness into the Marvelous Light of the Gospel 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light [of the Gospel];

They are called out of the darkness of false religion and gospels, into the light of the saving knowledge of the Gospel !

Note: A saving knowledge of Salvation is to be informed of ones Salvation Lk 1:77 !

Thats a Saving also, that is to be sovereignly called out of the darkness and error of Antichrist religion Rev 18:4 into the Glorious Light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ !

Nanja

The Call of the Gospel is not to lost souls, but to souls that have been saved, and because they have been saved or are being saved, that is why they are called 2 Tim 1:9

Notice Paul wrote who Saved us, then and Called us with an Holy Calling ! The Gospel does not call lost and unholy sinners to Faith and fellowship in Christ !

One is not called in order to get saved, but one is Called because they have been saved and are being saved.

When the Gospel is preached to the called 1 Cor 1:23-24

In the greek its to them the called, with the definite article, distinguishing them from the rest of mankind,

when they are being Called, they are being saved Vs 18 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

So the ones being saved here in Vs 18 are synomonous to the ones being Called in Vs 24, they're the being saved and being called !

In Vs 18 they are being Saved by the Gospel as the Power of God See also Rom 1:16 !

They are being saved and called out of darkness into the Marvelous Light of the Gospel 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light [of the Gospel];

They are called out of the darkness of false religion and gospels, into the light of the saving knowledge of the Gospel !

Note: A saving knowledge of Salvation is to be informed of ones Salvation Lk 1:77 !

Thats a Saving also, that is to be sovereignly called out of the darkness and error of Antichrist religion Rev 18:4 into the Glorious Light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ !

Amen!

False religions erroneously teach that the call of the Gospel goes out to all of mankind. But, on the contrary,
it is "an holy calling" 2 Tim. 1:9 KJV to those who are called, chosen and predestinated to become saved:

Rom 8:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. v.29 For whom he did foreknow,
he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn
among many brethren. v.30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called:
and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

According as God has Purposed, these will be ministered to with the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13 KJV.

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.