The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

gt

I have already given you scripture.

John 3:21 But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God.

1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

Do you need glasses ?

Neither one of those verses says as you stated:

All have a chance to come to God

God's Truth

gt

Do you need glasses ?

The Word of God says Jesus is the Savior of ALL PEOPLE. All people can come to Jesus to be saved.

1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

beloved57

The Word of God says Jesus is the Savior of ALL PEOPLE. All people can come to Jesus to be saved.

God's Truth

What scripture of truth says:

If you give up your false beliefs when you hear the truth, you will show that you are a child of God.

beloved57

If you give up your false beliefs when you hear the truth, you will show that you are a child of God.

I have no disagreement with 1 Tim 4:10. But where is the scripture that says as you stated:

j4jesus09

God made the plan for salvation before the creation of the world.

God does not make us come to Him without our wanting and knowing.

You are a Calvinist.

You have been misled by false teachers.

No, He made it personally and wonderfully for you! He knew you in your mother's womb. He knew you before you existed. He planned for you to come to Him. He strategically set the road for just you. It's not a matter of God MAKING us come to Him it's His LOVE that draws us the true children of God. You look at humans according to the flesh but not according to the spirit in them. There is a sympathy in us for all men which there should be. BUT, we must not get caught up in the flesh. We want every single flesh to be saved but we know not every flesh is of God. So to think that God wants everyone to be saved would go against scripture. I know the bible says He is not willing that any should perish. I believe this is His children. Judas was ordained to betray Jesus before Judas even existed. Judas could not change His future no matter what. So much for freewill there. Everything is beautifully and wonderfully planned out for us and we must learn how to walk it. Amen.

God's Truth

No, He made it personally and wonderfully for you! He knew you in your mother's womb. He knew you before you existed. He planned for you to come to Him. He strategically set the road for just you. It's not a matter of God MAKING us come to Him it's His LOVE that draws us the true children of God. You look at humans according to the flesh but not according to the spirit in them. There is a sympathy in us for all men which there should be. BUT, we must not get caught up in the flesh. We want every single flesh to be saved but we know not every flesh is of God. So to think that God wants everyone to be saved would go against scripture.
Why would God plead with them to turn from their ways if they cannot choose to?

"But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me." Isaiah 65:11-12. Here God says about being forsaken and His holy mountain being forgot. Also, this passage tells us that God called the people, and the people did not answer; He spoke but the people did not listen.

Ezekiel 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Romans 11:14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. How could Paul ever think that he could save some by arousing them to envy if God saves us by the Holy Spirit enabling us to believe?

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Following are more indisputable passages from the bible that show Calvinism is not biblical.

Acts 17 24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' 29"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill. 30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

You see in Acts 17:27 God wants men to seek him, and that God is not far from "each one of us." In addition, see in 17:30 God commands "all people everywhere" to repent. Remember, Calvinists say not all men. Clearly, Calvinists beliefs are different from what God says. See also in 31, God has given proof to "all men."
I know the bible says He is not willing that any should perish. I believe this is His children.
You are going against the Word of God. Why would God’s children perish if they are predestined to be saved.
Judas was ordained to betray Jesus before Judas even existed. Judas could not change His future no matter what. So much for freewill there. Everything is beautifully and wonderfully planned out for us and we must learn how to walk it. Amen.
Judas was a thief before he betrayed Jesus. Judas could have changed, and he did but it was too late.

j4jesus09

Why would God plead with them to turn from their ways if they cannot choose to?
Don't mistake having choices with God has planned your footsteps to the most intricate detail. I have a choice to do this or that, within God's plan for my life. My plan may not be the plan your on. It all leads to shaping us like Christ. We must not forget that sin is working against us since the beginning. Without God advising us to turn, would we? So that is the reason God tells us. He must tell us so we can turn. Since we all have sinned someone has to advise us to turn away. Those that are chosen unto God will respond. Those that are not will not.

"But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me." Isaiah 65:11-12. Here God says about being forsaken and His holy mountain being forgot. Also, this passage tells us that God called the people, and the people did not answer; He spoke but the people did not listen.

Right, this would be no different than us not listening to the Lord at one point in our lives. We can't say this tells us there whole life was doomed. We would all be in trouble. The thing is if God was to write a book on our lives right now we might be able to see some of the same things.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

We know that anyone that loves the world is an enemy of God. So, this scripture to me means more he came to save the earth because the earth is dark too because of sin. I could be wrong but it doesn't change that I'm in this world so He could be talking to us children of God who are in this world.

Romans 11:14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. How could Paul ever think that he could save some by arousing them to envy if God saves us by the Holy Spirit enabling us to believe?

Because it is through the work of the Holy Spirit which Paul had that they are aroused to envy or jealousy. Without the Holy Spirit Paul wouldn't have aroused anybody.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

He is patient with YOU. This is for the individual who loves God. Not someone who is not of God. Hitler or some of the worst in our history to me would not care about this verse. Now if God so decides to open up even the worst enemy, they can be saved too.

Following are more indisputable passages from the bible that show Calvinism is not biblical.

Acts 17 24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' 29"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill. 30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

He determined the exact times and places but yet you don't think He determined your salvation personally just for you. Yes He did this so men would seek Him. What about woman? It doesn't say women. We know it means women too, but it doesn't say woman. Just like it doesn't say I don't mean all men, you have to understand the bible is for the CHILDREN OF GOD. OUR TRUTH IN A DARK WORLD.

You see in Acts 17:27 God wants men to seek him, and that God is not far from "each one of us." In addition, see in 17:30 God commands "all people everywhere" to repent. Remember, Calvinists say not all men. Clearly, Calvinists beliefs are different from what God says. See also in 31, God has given proof to "all men."

You are going against the Word of God. Why would God’s children perish if they are predestined to be saved.

Yes, God wants men to seek Him. Does He technically say women too? God commands us to love our enemies. If they are enemies then they don't love God. God wants all men to seek Him just like He wants us to love all people. That is the nature of God. We don't know who are the elect and who are not. We are commanded to preach the gospel so that those who are being saved will respond to the plan God set up before the foundation of the world. God will not allow His children to perish eternally. I never said if God predestined them to be saved that they would perish.

Judas was a thief before he betrayed Jesus. Judas could have changed, and he did but it was too late.[/QUOTE]

How could Judas have changed if scriptures some 1000 years before it happened promised he was going to betray Jesus and kill himself? And Judas did what, changed? How so?

j4jesus09

Just because someone does not believe Jesus, it does not make what Jesus says not so!

So tell me can you go inside the heart and find out what makes a person believe. I know Jesus is the truth so what He says is truth. But you miss the promising fact here. How does a person BELIEVE? What is the source of believing? You see what I'm saying? There are slow people, there are intelligent people. What is the defining factor for one to believe? This where I tell you God is the factor for believing. I don't know how He did it, does it, or is doing it. It's all God working in us through us, before we existed He knew He would and He will perfect us. It's not against our will, He broke our so called will with His love. Yes, our will must be broken in order to receive Him. That is what God does through life circumstances is breaking down our sinful will against Him until we come to the place of surrender and we call on Him. I can tell you not everyone will come to this place because God planned it that way.

lifeisgood

There is and can never be free will and/or freedom of choice under the cult of predestination.

In the cult of predestination, God is presented as having pre-destined every single Life in the world for GOOD or for Evil; so this would make God guilty of being unjust, immoral, and full of hate against His own creation as He condemns many of His own creation to punishments for committing crimes they were ‘FORCED’ to commit because God Himself had ALREADY ‘predestined’ them to commit those crimes.

If that is true, then we have to consider that God has ‘predestined’ many of HIS OWN CREATION to HELLFIRE without any fault of their own, because He Himself created them to commit the crimes that He Himself created them to do.

I cannot accept the cult of predestination.

Now, for me, what is predestined is the Plan of Salvation, Jesus Christ and what He did.

If I am in Him and I am baptized into His Plan of Salvation that has been predestined, then I ‘became’ predestined because I am in Him, however, I was not predestined beforehand to be redeemed, and the rest of my family was predestined to Hellfire without any opportunity to come to Him because He Himself created them to go to Hell and He Himself created me to be redeemed by Him. That is not the God that I serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.