The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

All are not the called of Jesus Christ, only those who have been preserved by Him and then called Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

They are them that are called here Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Note, the Them that are called are also them that are Justified and they shall be Glorified.

None of them will be cast into outer darkness !

genuineoriginal

Note, the Them that are called are also them that are Justified and they shall be Glorified.

None of them will be cast into outer darkness !
You are putting all your hope in a false doctrine that God chose first and then called those He chose.

The truth is that many are called, but few are chosen.

Only those that are obedient to the call will be chosen.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.​

beloved57

The Call of the Heir !

The Call of the Heir !

Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Why is this the call of an Heir ? The word inheritance is the greek word klēronomia d means:

an inheritance, property received (or to be received) by inheritance

2) what is given to one as a possession

a) the eternal blessedness of the consummated kingdom of God which is to be expected after the visible return of Christ

b) the share which an individual will have in that eternal blessedness

"a lot" (see A), properly "an inherited property, an inheritance." "It is always rendered inheritance in NT, but only in a few cases in the Gospels has it the meaning ordinarily attached to that word in English, i.e., that into possession of which the heir enters only on the death of an ancestor. The NT usage may be set out as follows:

one who receives by lot, an heir

a) an heir

This call here is not to all mankind in general, even though it goes out universally for the Calling of the Heirs of Salvation or Eternal Inheritance Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Salvation is not an offer , nor is it made available for whosoever wants it. For it's only the Heirs of Abraham's Seed that are intended with this Call of the Gospel Rom 4:13-16

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Yes the Heirs, the Seed Vs13,16; For all Believers in Christ when it is all said and done, are all of the Seed of Abraham, God's Elect Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's,[Or Believers] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Yes ministerially the Gospel is to be preached world wide without distinction because the ministers themselves do not know who the Heirs are who shall believe, however the Holy Spirit of Promise does know they are and He will by and through the Father and the Son effectually call to Faith the Heirs for whom it [Gospel] was intended Heb 9:15; 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called[Heirs], both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Now we are careless in our understanding if we equate the command of Christ to carry the Gospel of Salvation out world wide, to mean that He is calling all without exception, when it is intended only for the Heirs who are scattered abroad throughout the world Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God/heirs that were scattered abroad.

Do remember that the children of God and Heirs are the same people Rom 8:16-17

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

The Heirs are no other than the Sheep that Christ stated they should Hear His Voice Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

They hear His voice in the Gospel Call which is He calling them specifically by Name Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

That word calleth here is the same word called in Heb 9:15 the word kaleō:

to call

a) to call aloud, utter in a loud voice

b) to invite

2) to call i.e. to name, by name

a) to give a name to

That's because the Heirs of Heb 9:15 are the Sheep of Christ in Jn 10:3 and He is their Inheritance and Joint Heirs with Him Rom 8:17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ[Their Shepherd]; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

beloved57

Who are them that Love God ?

Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

First let it be understood that none of us by nature Love God, for this scripture applies to each of us by nature Rom 1:30

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Its akin to being ungodly Rom 5:6

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

The word ungodly :

destitute of reverential awe towards God, condemning God, impious or contemning God .

Yes, this applies to all of US by Nature !

It matters not how men may boast and say they do by nature Love God, they don't, they may Love a god of their own understanding, but they don't Love the One True and Living God revealed in scripture.

Loving God is the effect of being given a spiritually circumcised Heart as Per Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

This is what Paul refers to here Rom 2:2

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

And in this place Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Note: Paul here is writing to both jew and gentile believers. For instance, this would apply to the roman guard who became a believer with his household Acts 16.

But those who shall love God are stated; Those known of God 1 Cor 8:3

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Are not the Sheep Christ died for those God Knows and they shall know Him Per Jn 10::14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Those God Loves 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because or since he first loved us.

Those God Loves will He cause to Love Him, by giving them His Spirit 2 Tim 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Rom 5:5

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

And they are the foreknown of God that Love God and those CALLED Rom 8:28-30

Those who are the Called according to His Purpose, shall be the Ones who Love God, by a Work of Spiritual Circumcision in them because God first Loved them !

False Prophet

Jeremiah was called from the womb.
Now the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.
6Then said I, Ah, Lord Jehovah! behold, I know not how to speak; for I am a child.
7But Jehovah said unto me, Say not, I am a child; for to whomsoever I shall send thee thou shalt go, and whatsoever I shall command thee thou shalt speak.
8Be not afraid because of them; for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith Jehovah.
9Then Jehovah put forth his hand, and touched my mouth; and Jehovah said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth:
10see, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down and to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant. Jer 1

beloved57

You appear to be claiming that the people that refuse to answer the call and the people that refuse to be obedient will be saved.
I suppose you also claim to be saved.

I said that Heb 5:9 does not say

Only those that are obedient to the call will be chosen.

God's Truth

God calls those who do right.

All have a chance to come to God, but it is only those who do right that will hear the call and can be saved.

John 3:21 But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God.

beloved57

gt

God calls those who do right.

What scripture says that ?

All have a chance to come to God

But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God.

But who is it the practices Truth ? Surely its not anyone who has not been born again. Those in the flesh cannot please God, nor are they subject to the Lawof God.

Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Anyone not having been born again is in the flesh !

God's Truth

gt

I have already given you scripture.

John 3:21 But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God.

1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

Last edited:

j4jesus09

I have already given you scripture.

1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

Do you think God planned your salvation?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Psa 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.