The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

The redeemed of the Lord shall return ! 5

The redeemed of the Lord shall return ! 5

This Blessing of being turned from our iniquities Acts 3:24-26

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

It denotes something inward, as promised by the Covenant Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Its by giving them inwardly New Life by His Spirit, Note: The Turning away from our sins is Christ's Work of blessing us, and He alone should receive the Glory of it !

Its part of His Redeeming Death !

beloved57

It accomplished remission of sins which is Justification !

It accomplished remission of sins which is Justification !

Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The word for eis is the prep meaning:
into, in, unto, to, upon, towards, for, among.

1519 eis (a preposition) – properly, into (unto) – literally, "motion into which" implying penetration ("unto," "union") to a particular purpose or result.

Christ's Blood shed resulted in remission of sin, not a offer of it, not that it made it available if you accept it, but it was for the purpose of and resulted in for the many it was shed remission of their sins.

That word remission aphesis:

a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

859 áphesis (from 863 /aphíēmi, "send away, forgive" ) – properly, "something sent away"; i.e. remission ("forgiveness"), releasing someone from obligation or debt.

In other words, the debt of death they owed for the wages of sin Rom 6:23 they are no longer under that debt, their debt is completely forgiven by the blood of Christ, and that is their Justification before God,

Its the same as stated in Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

That word redemption also equates to remission or forgiveness of sins, its the word apolutrósis:

release effected by payment of ransom; redemption, deliverance.

/apolýtrōsis ("redemption, re-purchase") emphasizes the distance ("safety-margin") that results between the rescued person, and what previously enslaved them. For the believer, the prefix (575 /apó) looks back to God's effective work of grace, purchasing them from the debt of sin and bringing them to their new status (being in Christ).

You see that aspect of redemption that has to do with "purchasing them from the debt of sin " ? Thats exactly the same truth of remission or forgiveness which states:

"releasing someone from obligation or debt: And so Rom 3:24 says that those Christ shed His Blood for Matt 26:28 were by that Justified freely, by His Grace, through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus or as Eph 1:7 in His Blood !

This proves, whether its believed or not, but it proves that those whom Christ died for are by His Blood alone, they are Justified from all sin and due punishment for the same, for unto them, death as the wages of sin Per Rom 6:23 no longer exists, they have been released from that debt forever !

That word Justified in Rom 3:24 means:

I make righteous, defend the cause of, plead for the righteousness (innocence) of, acquit, justify; hence: I regard as righteous.

to clear (someone) of a charge or accusation, as in a court of law.

All this is accomplished for the Many He shed His Blood for, the Blood of the New Covenant Matt 26:28 ! Its a done deal yall !

beloved57

It accomplished remission of sins which is Justification !2

It accomplished remission of sins which is Justification !2

Its good to consider a very important aspect of this matter of remission of sins due to the shed blood of Christ, the Blood of the New Covenant / Testament Matt 26:28 !

We should understand that this Covenant forgiveness through His Blood is the same as here Jer 31:33-34

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thats the same as the remission of sins in Matt 26:28 , its also the same testament or covenant in view !

The same here Mic 7:18-20

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

This Vs 20 here is the same as that Promised Mercy of Lk 1:72,77

To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

And of course Christ's Blood is shed accordng to that Holy Covenant, for the remission of sins Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

See how all this fits together ?

beloved57

It results in Living by Faith !

It results in Living by Faith !

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Thats predestination, whenever scripture declares that something SHALL be done, it means that the predetermined counsel of God has decided it to happen.

In case you did not know, this Promise "The just shall live by faith." is a Promise that everyone Christ died for shall Live by Faith !

Now why is that True ? Here's why ! The Death of Christ, His Obedience unto Death Phil 2:8; Rom 5:19 that declares those He died for, the Many Righteous or Just Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word made in made righteous is the greek word kathistémi means:

I set down, bring down to a place; I set in order, appoint, make, constitute,

"to set down as, constitute (Latinsisto), equivalent to to declare, show to be":

They shall be declared Righteous or Just. That word Righteous in Rom 5:19 is the Greek word dikaios which means:

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

Yes its the same exact word Just in Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So, the Many that the Obedience of Christ shall declare Righteous / Just, they shall Live by Faith !

The Many for whom Christ died for are His Sheep, so if one does not never believe on Him and begin the Life of Faith as Promised to those He died for, the answer is quite simple, its because they were not of His Sheep that He layed down His Life for Jn 10:15,26

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

26 But ye believe not, because, for that reason ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you

Thats the only reason why they are not or wont be believers, its because they were not of His Sheep. If they were of the Sheep He layed down His Life for Vs 15 then they shall live by Faith, or we must conclude that Rom 1:17 is a lie where it says :

Nanja

beloved57;4225322 #721 said:
This Blessing of being turned from our iniquities Acts 3:24-26

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

It denotes something inward, as promised by the Covenant Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Its by giving them inwardly New Life by His Spirit, Note: The Turning away from our sins is Christ's Work of blessing us, and He alone should receive the Glory of it !

Its part of His Redeeming Death !

Very informative study on your 5-part series: "The redeemed of the Lord shall return!"

Just to recap some very important statements you made with regard to Christ redeeming death and what
it accomplished for all His Elect Sheep He gave His Life for. The "turning away of every one of his iniquities"
applies only to "the children of the Prophets and of the Covenant": God's Elect Children in Christ Jesus.
They are the only ones who shall return as spoken of in Isaiah 51:11.

Many in man made religion dont understand nor believe the effects that Christ's redeeming death had on all for whom He died, It returns them back to God from whom they went astray, apostatized from in Adam, yet His redeeming death shall cause them to return, as it is written, the redeemed of the Lord shall [predestined] return.

The Purpose and intended result for For Christ dying for our sins, was that it would bring us to God !

Listen folks, If Christ's Redemptive Death does not effect a returning or coming back to God or Conversion, then it failed the Divine Purpose and Intention, but yet that is what all religionists are willing to state if they indeed teach that Christ died for some that shall never be converted back to God Acts 3:19, they teach a failed Christ !

But Glory to God, True Believers believe all for whom He died, of God's Sheep, shall be converted back to God, 100 % of the Sheepfold !

Folks the fact is, If Christ's death of Redemption does not turn all for whom He died away from their iniquities, it failed the Purpose of God, its Power was frustrated and thwarted,

For Notice Peter said:

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from[apo separation] his iniquities.

TY!

~~~~~

beloved57

Very informative study on your 5-part series: "The redeemed of the Lord shall return!"

Just to recap some very important statements you made with regard to Christ redeeming death and what
it accomplished for all His Elect Sheep He gave His Life for. The "turning away of every one of his iniquities"
applies only to "the children of the Prophets and of the Covenant": God's Elect Children in Christ Jesus.
They are the only ones who shall return as spoken of in Isaiah 51:11.

TY!

~~~~~

May God continue to bless our Understanding of these Wonderful Works of His !

Nanja

Its good to consider a very important aspect of this matter of remission of sins due to the shed blood of Christ, the Blood of the New Covenant / Testament Matt 26:28 !

We should understand that this Covenant forgiveness through His Blood is the same as here Jer 31:33-34

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thats the same as the remission of sins in Matt 26:28 , its also the same testament or covenant in view !

The same here Mic 7:18-20

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

This Vs 20 here is the same as that Promised Mercy of Lk 1:72,77

To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

And of course Christ's Blood is shed accordng to that Holy Covenant, for the remission of sins Matt 26:28

See how all this fits together ?

Yes, it all fits together just perfectly!

The promised mercy Luke 1:72 guarantees Covenant forgiveness before God
for the Many People Christ shed His blood for Mat. 1:21, the remnant of His heritage;
that all of the guilt and penalty for their sin has been totally removed,
even while they were His enemies Rom. 5:8 they were Justified, just as if they never committed them:
Total forgiveness of sins, releasing them from obligation or debt!

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, it all fits together just perfectly!

The promised mercy Luke 1:72 guarantees Justification before God
for the Many People Christ shed His blood for Mat:1:21, the remnant of His heritage; that all of the guilt and penalty for their sin has been totally removed, and even while they were His enemies Rom. 5:8, just as if they never committed them: Total forgiveness of sins, releasing them from obligation or debt!

~~~~~

Amen, since the Promised Mercy, Christ, paid their debt of sin !

beloved57

Even when Christ was made their Surety in the Everlasting Covenant.

~~~~~

Most Definitly, notice that it mentions the Covenant , the Holy Covenant

Lk 1:72-73

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

This Holy Covenant is the Everlasting Covenant !

Remember when Paul wrote this Gal 3:17-18

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Also this Covenant that was confirmed before of God in Christ is the Everlasting Covenant.

Pink in his excellent commentary on the Divine Covenants states this about Gal 3:17:

It is to that eternal compact the apostle makes reference when he speaks of a certain “covenant that was confirmed before of God in [or “to”] Christ” in Galatians 3:17. There we behold the covenant parties: on the one side, God, in the Trinity of His persons; and on the other side Christ, that is, the Son viewed as the God‑man mediator. There we learn of an agreement between Them: a covenant or con*tract, and that confirmed or solemnly agreed upon and ratified. There too, in the immediate context, we are shown that Christ is here viewed not only as the executor of a testament bequeathed to the saints by God, or that salvation was promised to us through Christ, but there twice over we are specifically told (v. 16) that the promises were made to Abraham’s “seed, which is Christ”! Thus we have the clearest possible Scriptural proof that the everlasting covenant contained something which is promised by God to Christ Himself.

http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/Divine_Covenants/divine_covenants_01.htm

Nanja

Most Definitly, notice that it mentions the Covenant , the Holy Covenant

Lk 1:72-73

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

This Holy Covenant is the Everlasting Covenant !

Remember when Paul wrote this Gal 3:17-18

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Also this Covenant that was confirmed before of God in Christ is the Everlasting Covenant.

Pink in his excellent commentary on the Divine Covenants states this about Gal 3:17:

http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/Divine_Covenants/divine_covenants_01.htm

Yes, and the same is being referred to here:

Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children

I believe that's the Mercy which is from everlasting, based in the Everlasting Covenant.
It's upon them, the Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, whom God had Purposed before time
to be recipients of. And they are the only ones who do Fear Him, because they
have been directly effected by His Mercy, in receiving the promise of the Spirit through Faith Gal. 3:14,
a confirmation of their Salvation and Heirship, the same blessing spoken of in Gal. 4:4-7!

Thanks for the Pink link ☺. I bookmarked it for future reading.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, and the same is being referred to here:

Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children

I believe that's the Mercy which is from everlasting, based in the Everlasting Covenant.
It's upon them, the Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, whom God had Purposed before time
to be recipients of. And they are the only ones who do Fear Him, because they
have been directly effected by His Mercy, in receiving the promise of the Spirit through Faith Gal. 3:14,
a confirmation of their Salvation and Heirship, the same blessing spoken of in Gal. 4:4-7!

Thanks for the Pink link ☺. I bookmarked it for future reading.

~~~~~

I agree with you about Ps 103:17 !

beloved57

Reconciliation to God experimentally also !

Reconciliation to God experimentally also !

Not only did by Christ's Death alone, those He died for were reconciled to God[legally] even while they were being enemies [experimentally] so says Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

They also are reconciled to God experimentally by His same death, meaning reconciled out of being enemies to Him, So says this scripture Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death
, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

You see that ? Paul tells them HOW it was done ! How they were reconciled after having been alienated and enemies in their minds by wicked works, It was in the Body of His flesh through death, meaning through His Death for them, the results is reconciliation out of being enemies and alienated in our minds by wicked works !

So Christ's Death alone accomplished both Legal and Experimental Reconciliation for the People of God, whom Christ died for !

beloved57

Redeemed unto Life !

Redeemed unto Life !

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

All for whom Christ died are redeemed from/out of the curse of the Law, from the penalty of the transgressed law, death being one of the consequences of that penalty, and so Christ has redeemed them He died for from the death that is a consequence of the Transgressed Law, and having done that, they must receive Life, and that comes from the Spirit, that He may give them Life, or as Jesus says He quickens Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

That word quickeneth is the greek word zóopoieó:

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

/zōgréō, "alive" and 4160 /poiéō, "make") – properly, make alive (zōos); i.e. "quicken," vivify ("animate"); (figuratively) cause what is dead (inoperative) to have life; empower with divine life.

Notice, to cause that which is dead to have Life. The elect by nature are dead to God, inoperative spiritually, alienated from the life of God, but because Jesus died for them, redeeming them from death, which is a consequence of the curse of the Law, being that He satisfied God's Law and Justice by His Death for them, He causes them to have Life, as an evidence that Christ's redeeming death was successful in redeeming them from the curse of the Law !

In fact the same word zóopoieó in Jn 6:63 is used in 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

He is the The Author of the quickening of the Spirit in Jn 6:63, the Spirit must through Christ give life to every soul that His death redeemed from the curse of the Law !

As the Elect received subjective death for the consequences of sin against the Law, they likewise receive subjective Life out of death. Thats why back to Gal 3:13-14 those who Christ redeemed from the curse of the law, it was for the purpose that they may receive the promise of the Spirit, which gives them Life Jn 6:63 ! You see Christ's redeeming Death would be for nought if it did not produce Life and bestow it upon the redeemed, if it did not do that, His Death was less effective than Adams death was that effected subjective death !

beloved57

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death !

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death !

One of the accomplishments of the death of Christ that proves that all men without exception were not of His Sheep that He died for, is that, those Sheep of His that He did die for, are as a result of His death drawn to Him Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

This blessed fact of what His Death would accomplish He signified here in Vs 33 !

Jesus declares that all men shall be drawn to Him by the power, efficacy virtue of His death alone !

Now many in false religion quote this verse Jn 12:32 yet at the same time they are quite ignorant to its blessed meaning, and while quoting it, most of the time they are denying its very Truth set forth, that being Christ promising that His death [being lifted up] will result in all being drawn to Himself, which means they drawn will become His faithful followers, even believers in Him.

Now the word draw here denotes Christ's power at work, its the word helkō and means:

I.to draw, drag off

II.metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

Those being drawed have a special inward power leading them, impelling them !

To impel means "to cause to move forward" and its also synonymous with compel as here Lk 14:23

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

The word compel here anagkazō means:

I.to necessitate, compel, drive to, constrain

A.by force, threats, etc.

B.by permission, entreaties, etc.

C.by other means

The compelling here is by entreaties and persuasion, and the Holy Spirit is vital in this work of persuading with the preached word 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

The servant in Lk 14:23 is the Holy Spirit who accompanies the preached word, persuading those Christ died for to be drawn to Him in Faith !

Also the word draw denotes:

helkýō – properly, induce (draw in), focusing on the attraction-power involved with the drawing.

For its the Day of Christ's Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Thats what Christ is speaking of in Jn 12:32 , that all His People He died for Matt 1:21 shall be attracted to Him in the Day of His Power !

Nanja

One of the accomplishments of the death of Christ that proves that all men without exception were not of His Sheep that He died for, is that, those Sheep of His that He did die for, are as a result of His death drawn to Him Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

This blessed fact of what His Death would accomplish He signified here in Vs 33 !

Jesus declares that all men shall be drawn to Him by the power, efficacy virtue of His death alone !

Now many in false religion quote this verse Jn 12:32 yet at the same time they are quite ignorant to its blessed meaning, and while quoting it, most of the time they are denying its very Truth set forth, that being Christ promising that His death [being lifted up] will result in all being drawn to Himself, which means they drawn will become His faithful followers, even believers in Him.

Now the word draw here denotes Christ's power at work, its the word helkō and means:

I.to draw, drag off

II.metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

Those being drawed have a special inward power leading them, impelling them !

To impel means "to cause to move forward" and its also synonymous with compel as here Lk 14:23

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

The word compel here anagkazō means:

I.to necessitate, compel, drive to, constrain

A.by force, threats, etc.

B.by permission, entreaties, etc.

C.by other means

The compelling here is by entreaties and persuasion, and the Holy Spirit is vital in this work of persuading with the preached word 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

The servant in Lk 14:23 is the Holy Spirit who accompanies the preached word, persuading those Christ died for to be drawn to Him in Faith !

Also the word draw denotes:

helkýō – properly, induce (draw in), focusing on the attraction-power involved with the drawing.

For its the Day of Christ's Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Thats what Christ is speaking of in Jn 12:32 , that all His People He died for Matt 1:21 shall be attracted to Him in the Day of His Power !

Excellent explanation of this commonly misunderstood verse.

All of Christ's People Eph. 1:4-5, the same all He was lifted up for,
will be drawn to Him by the Inward Power of the Spirit in them,
given in the New Birth 1 John 4:13.

~~~~~