ECT Speaking in tongues

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Pray in the spirit.

Do not cease to give thanks for you (Eph 1:16).

Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us (2 Ti 1:13–14).

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak (Eph 6:18–20).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Some are amazed, some are in doubt and some mock (Ac 2:12–13 KJV)--same ol’ same ol’ (Eccl 1:9).

Y’all go up to the mountain, me and my golden calf are going to worship right here (Stone).
50.gif

Right Divider

Body part
but as the Isaiah passages show, it is for all nations. Everything about it is new:

It is christ doing it in their place
It is about Christ and the gospel for all nations
It gives Israel a new 'work' or mission to do, not that Gentiles could not
It is compelling/winning instead of forcing itself on the individual.
Doing something 'with their fathers' is old as well; that is why it is not with them as such. It is with the Seed of Abraham who is Christ, Gal 3:16.

Just believe that; it is crystal clear.
So Jeremiah was wrong?

TweetyBird

Hi and I understand better than you ?

So tell me what is in the New Covenant ??

dan p

The shed blood of Christ - that is the new covenant that God made with us through Christ that cannot be changed, is eternal. That shed blood is the forgiveness of sin, for the full, complete, forever atonement for sin. I have posted several verses. Did you not read them?

Right Divider

Body part
The shed blood of Christ - that is the new covenant that God made with us through Christ that cannot be changed, is eternal. That shed blood is the forgiveness of sin, for the full, complete, forever atonement for sin. I have posted several verses. Did you not read them?
So Jeremiah was wrong?

TweetyBird

So Jeremiah was wrong?

Jeremiah prophesied a new covenant with Israel. The writings of the NT were to show that the Gentiles were included - and together would be one new man. All through the prophets, the Gentiles were prophesied to be included with Israel into the promise of the Messiah to come. It is in Him, that we are all part of the new covenant, as one.

Hebrews 8 and 9 explain it. The writer shows that the old covenant was ratified in the blood of animals. The New Covanent is ratified in the blood of Christ now. The blood saved Israel then, a shadow of what was to come int Christ. The blood of the New Covenant saves both Jew and Gentile.

1 Peter 1
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: 18 forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 but the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

John 11
49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, 50 nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. 51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; 52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Isa 49
Thus saith the Lord,
In an acceptable time have I heard thee,
and in a day of salvation have I helped thee:
and I will preserve thee,
and give thee for a covenant of the people,
to establish the earth,
to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
that thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth;
to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves.
They shall feed in the ways,

and their pastures shall be in all high places.
They shall not hunger nor thirst;
neither shall the heat nor sun smite them:
for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them,
even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
And I will make all my mountains a way,
and my highways shall be exalted.
Behold, these shall come from far:
and, lo, these from the north and from the west;
and these from the land of Sinim.

Isa 56
For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths,
and choose the things that please me,
and take hold of my covenant;
even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls
a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters:
I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Also the sons of the stranger,
that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him,
and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants,

every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it,
and taketh hold of my covenant;

even them will I bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer:
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar;
for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith,
Yet will I gather others to him,
beside those that are gathered unto him.

Is 59
For I the Lord love judgment,
I hate robbery for burnt offering;
and I will direct their work in truth,
and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles,
and their offspring among the people:
all that see them shall acknowledge them,
that they are the seed which the Lord hath blessed.

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
my soul shall be joyful in my God;
for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation,
he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments,
and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
For as the earth bringeth forth her bud,
and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth;
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to spring forth before all the nations.

Mal 3
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Danoh

I thought I thaw a puddy tat (a focus on the Earth) in all that...

You did...

I thought I thaw a puddy tat (Gentile) in all that....

You did...

One required to keep the Sabbath; etc.

Not the Body of Christ...

Not us...

TweetyBird

I thought I thaw a puddy tat (a focus on the Earth) in all that...

You did...

I thought I thaw a puddy tat (Gentile) in all that....

You did...

One required to keep the Sabbath; etc.

Not the Body of Christ...

Not us...

Jesus IS the Sabbath. That is why we Gentiles are in the New Covenant.

DAN P

Hi and the New Covenant has NOTHING TO DO WITH Gentiles as recorded in Heb 8:8 and see Jer 31:31-34 to see how Jews will be saved at the Second Coming of Jesus !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
Jeremiah prophesied a new covenant with Israel. The writings of the NT were to show that the Gentiles were included - and together would be one new man. All through the prophets, the Gentiles were prophesied to be included with Israel into the promise of the Messiah to come. It is in Him, that we are all part of the new covenant, as one.
Man are you confused. The NT is the NC. The NT does NOT start at Matt 1:1

Jeremiah says that the NC is with two houses that make of the entirety of ISRAEL.

Hebrews 8 and 9 explain it. The writer shows that the old covenant was ratified in the blood of animals. The New Covanent is ratified in the blood of Christ now. The blood saved Israel then, a shadow of what was to come int Christ. The blood of the New Covenant saves both Jew and Gentile.
The book TO THE HEBREWS was written to the remnant of ISRAEL. It's doctrine is entirely consistent with THEM.

The body of Christ is a NEW creature and is NOT under any covenant.

I could quote lengthy passage without understanding, like you do. But that would not help you since you are stuck on an idea that is false.

TweetyBird

Hi and the New Covenant has NOTHING TO DO WITH Gentiles as recorded in Heb 8:8 and see Jer 31:31-34 to see how Jews will be saved at the Second Coming of Jesus !!

dan p

It does have to do with the Gentiles, or not one single Gentile is saved. We are saved by the blood of the Lamb - that is the New Covenant per Hebrews.

Hebrews 12 says it right there, unless you are not of the church of the firstborn?

22 but ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Colossians 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The shadow of what was to come:

Exodus 24:8
And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.

Leviticus 16:15
Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

DAN P

It does have to do with the Gentiles, or not one single Gentile is saved. We are saved by the blood of the Lamb - that is the New Covenant per Hebrews.

Hebrews 12 says it right there, unless you are not of the church of the firstborn?

22 but ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Colossians 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The shadow of what was to come:

Exodus 24:8
And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.

Leviticus 16:15
Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

Hi and you are right , OK , so what ever !!

You are not believing Heb 8:8 or Jer 31 :31 !!

You are FALLEN from Grace Gal 5:4 !! LOL

You want FOLLY and you have FOLLY !!

DAN P

Last edited:

andyc

Yeah they hate this verse.
Tells them we're still supposed to preach the gospel of the Kingdom, but mad has made it redundant. Mad indeed.