ECT Speaking in tongues

Danoh

There are not two peoples of faith in Christ--

Only one people--

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

and they are all children of God through faith in Christ--

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Two people...

The Israel of God (born again sons of Jacob) destined to rule as God's kingdom of Priests and an Holy Nation over the Gentile nations of the Earth.

The Body of Christ (formerly lost in tresspasses and sins, now regenerated, Jews and Gentiles, this side of Israel's temporary fall and temporary setting aside) destined to rule over the Heavenlies (over the Angelic host).

Both to the glory of the Father in His Son through His Spirit in both.

The Glorious Son...

Of Whom the WHOLE family in Heaven AND Earth...is named.

God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery.

A Prophesied Grace...and...A Mystery Grace...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for that Steko as my accent sounds like "ah" as in father. I am aware there are no vowels and it is YHWH. I have heard it both with the "ah" and "eh". I've also found Jesus as Yahshua and Yehshua in addition to other spellings as to pronunciation and translating.
But I don't find anywhere anything close to a Greek "Jesus" or the germanic tectonic "God" for names of the Creator and Saviour of the world. We gladly gave up Christmas, Easter, and Sunday too and the blessing that has resulted is more than space on this page allows. Blessings to you and thank you again.
YHWH's blessings to you and yours!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

I think you may have misunderstood that I was actually agreeing with TweetyBird.

No Hebrew scholar or Hebrew speaker ancient or current places 'Yah' at he beginning of a word. Hebrew construction won't allow it.
It's 'Ye'. 'Yah' is only used in the OT standing alone as the name of GOD or as an ending to a name such as Yeshayah/Isaiah or Yermeyah/Jeremiah.
The closest word one could come up with would be the verb 'yasha/to save', but it isn't pronounced 'yah-shah'. The pronunciation is 'yaw-shah' with the accent on the 'shah'.
The English word 'salvation' is translated from the Hebrew 'yeshua' at least 78 times in the OT. This explains Gabriel's announcement to Joseph in Mat 1:21 "You shall call His name 'salvation/Yeshua' for He will save His people from their sins." There were many Israelites named Yeshua in their history. Check out Ezra and Nehemiah.
Some claim that is the earliest use of the name with an attempt to link the name's origin to Babyon, but they'd be wrong. There was a Levite named 'Yeshua' during the reign of King David 1Ch 24:11. Then of course , there is Joshua's Hebrew name 'Yehoshuah', again with 'Ye' not 'Yah' as the beginning of the word. Then there's all the other Hebrew names in scripture which contain the name 'Yeshua' like 'Abishua' and many others and they are all pronounced 'ye', not 'yah'.

The made-up idea that Iesous has some affinity with the word 'Zeus' is all baloney.
The Greek had nothing to translate the Hebrew 'yud' but 'ie'. That was the closest they could come to a transliteration. Instead of stopping with Iesou, the Greek adds the Sigma to designate the masculine. 'sous' has no conceptual connection to Zeus or any of the gods of pagan religions. It just has a similar sound and that is all.

The Jewish translators of the Septuagint Greek used the word 'Iesous' to transliterate 'Yeshua' in Ezra and the other places around two-hundred years before Christ and they certainly didn't have any thoughts of using a pagan god's name to do it.

Last edited:

TweetyBird

Hi and Heb 8:8 is clear as to the New Covenant will be given to and no Gentiles are allowed , unless they im-brace Moses Law !!

dan p

The Mosaic Law is the old covenant. God broke that covenant with Israel.

Jer 31 says that God will give a new covenant NOT LIKE THE ONE HE GAVE at Mt Sinai. New, means brand new, fresh, never heard before.

Jesus said the New Covenant is in His shed blood. That is not the Law of Moses which was in the blood of animals. What part of that do you not understand?

There is absolutely no commandment in the NT for Gentile believers to be obedient to the Mosaic Law. In fact, in Acts 15, that apostles ruled against it, specifically, clearly, leaving no doubt, and no room to manipulate the text.

DAN P

The

Jesus said the New Covenant is in His shed blood. That is not the Law of Moses which was in the blood of animals. What part of that do you not understand?

There is absolutely no commandment in the NT for Gentile believers to be obedient to the Mosaic Law. In fact, in Acts 15, that apostles ruled against it, specifically, clearly, leaving no doubt, and no room to manipulate the text.

Hi and I understand better than you ?

So tell me what is in the New Covenant ??

dan p

TweetyBird

You keep making this false claims, without any support.

The new covenant is between the same parties as the old. That is what the Bible says, but you disagree. That's your problem.

Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Just read it and believe it. It's just crystal clear.

P.S. Note that "with their fathers" makes it completely clear WHO the LORD is talking about!

The OT is a SHADOW of what is to come. It is not the "rest of the story". Knowledge was hidden from Israel until Christ. The new covenant is for the whole world - whoever believes on Jesus Christ, the forgiveness of sins though His shed blood. He said this was the new covenant. Why do you ignore it? Paul said he was given the mystery - that the new covenant is for all those in Christ. Without the shedding of blood there is no covenant, no atonement.

Acts 17:26
and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Rom 3
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 10:16
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 Cor 11
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the NEW COVENANT in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.

Ephesians 2:13
but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Col 1
12 giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Heb 9
20 saying, This is the blood of the covenant which God hath enjoined unto you. 21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Col 2
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 and having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Hebrews 10:29
of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 12:24
and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 13
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

22 And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words. 23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you. 24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 5:9
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Right Divider

Body part
The OT is a SHADOW of what is to come. It is not the "rest of the story". Knowledge was hidden from Israel until Christ. The new covenant is for the whole world - whoever believes on Jesus Christ, the forgiveness of sins though His shed blood. He said this was the new covenant. Why do you ignore it? Paul said he was given the mystery - that the new covenant is for all those in Christ. Without the shedding of blood there is no covenant, no atonement.

Acts 17:26
and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Rom 3
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 10:16
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 Cor 11
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the NEW COVENANT in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.

Ephesians 2:13
but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Col 1
12 giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Heb 9
20 saying, This is the blood of the covenant which God hath enjoined unto you. 21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Col 2
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 and having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Hebrews 10:29
of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 12:24
and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 13
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

22 And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words. 23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you. 24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 5:9
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
That's a very long post just to tell me that you cannot understand Jer 31:31 and Hebrews 8:8

DAN P

The spirit will flow through him. I'm believing Joel about the last days not these Holy Spirit blasphemers. :idunno:

Hi and there are many verses that show , like Joel is connected to Acts 2:17-21 and the LAST DAYS of Israel and can be connected to Mark 16:15-18 and to the book of Revelation as this book tell the PURGING of false Jews !!

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

I'm also coming to that conclusion.

It ain't rocket surgery. Just read the Bible and believe what it says.

They prefer myths over the truth.

Rocket surgery?

Lol; I'm afraid you've been infected by his same malady...

:chuckle:

This here's a ribbing; by the way :)

Interplanner

You keep making this false claims, without any support.

The new covenant is between the same parties as the old. That is what the Bible says, but you disagree. That's your problem.

Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Just read it and believe it. It's just crystal clear.

P.S. Note that "with their fathers" makes it completely clear WHO the LORD is talking about!

but as the Isaiah passages show, it is for all nations. Everything about it is new:

It is christ doing it in their place
It is about Christ and the gospel for all nations
It gives Israel a new 'work' or mission to do, not that Gentiles could not
It is compelling/winning instead of forcing itself on the individual.
Doing something 'with their fathers' is old as well; that is why it is not with them as such. It is with the Seed of Abraham who is Christ, Gal 3:16.

Just believe that; it is crystal clear.