ECT Speaking in tongues

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ok, from your perspective, I might be. I can live with that. But you cannot deny from scripture that this gift is for me today, and so it is only on the basis of your opinion that you don't think I have it.
I can show you from scripture that tongues shall cease when that which is perfect is come, but you've denied it over and over. You have never approved of a more excellent way. Today would be no different.

Danoh

:chuckle:

I'm sure you did, edifying thyself (and thy flesh).

Yep; I get the same great feeling from jogging.

Adrenal high is all that is and it is based on a happening in the flesh of one sort or another.

But it "feels like" so it must be..

They are so busy walking by sight; the Scripture ends up of no use to such other than for their reading their emotional high into the passages.

Notions of the fleshly mind is what this foolishness of theirs is.

1 Corinthians 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

:doh:

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Do you forbid the speaking in tongues? 1 Co 14:39] I was caught up in the same emotional upheaval in the religious, denominational system courtesy of the mystery of iniquity that andyc is a captive of today.
For
emot-airquote.gif
not forbidding the speaking of tongues, you and your Holy Spirit blaspheming friends here sure seem to forbid the speaking of tongues (1 Co 14:39). If it's demonic, then why aren't you forbidding it? :rolleyes:

DAN P

Already gave the evidence a few posts back.....

1Cor 1:3-7
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ

Still waiting for Christ to be revealed, still using the gifts.

Hi and MUSTERION brought it to you BUT you will never make a video and put it lon TOL as your PROOF !!

At least my mother had the nerve to say to me , it was the FLESH and always very Emotional !!

dan p

Danoh

Doesn't add anything to your case.

And, how would a person speaking in tongues edify himself if he didn't understand what he's saying? :chuckle:

Look back earlier in your day - honestly - you built yourself up both in your own, and in the eyes of your fellow, confused, walk by sighters :chuckle:

"FELT closer to god" didn't you?

SaulToPaul 2

If if I truly believed I had what you claim to have, I would have already posted evidence for the edification of the church and as a witness to unbelievers. That is no lie, I would have already done it.

We know why you won't.

Its a might curious that the only "tongues" they practice are the private ones, which they speak directly to God. They NEVER do one in a real language, and then give an interpretation for the edification for others.

Because it's easier to fake the "private prayer tongues".

Danoh

Its a might curious that the only "tongues" they practice are the private ones, which they speak directly to God. They NEVER do one in a real language, and then give an interpretation for the edification for others.

Because it's easier to fake the "private prayer tongues".

I doubt they all fake it; though fake it is.

What's that word for when a person is overcome with grief and is crying so hard that they are both quivering and kind of stuttering.

I forget what that is called.

But that is what the ones not faking are experiencing: so strong an emotional state that the next thing you know things look like an outbreak of some very pysched up North American Indians leaping and hopping and yelping and ready to make mincement of those who have invaded their land.

In this it is no surprise that the Pentecostals conclude there really are "Pigs in the Parlor" and there is a "spiritual" warfare to be waged.

What the heck is that word, lol

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, if we could get them to fess up and be honest, we will find out the stats below:

Tongue Talking- 100% of the time
Prophesying- 0%
Interpreting tongues- 0%
Healing- 0%

Why? Cause tongue talking makes THEM feel good and helps no one else.

There are rules set up in the Bible if one is to speak in tongues. There's supposed to be an interpreter, for one. Who does the interpreting of Andy's tongues?

SaulToPaul 2

There are rules set up in the Bible if one is to speak in tongues. There's supposed to be an interpreter, for one. Who does the interpreting of Andy's tongues?

It's his private prayer language, so he doesn't need an interpreter!

God knows all languages, yet andy's spirit prayeth in this jumbled up vernacular...wonder why andy's spirit doesn't just pray in English?

SaulToPaul 2

I'll answer your question when you :chz4brnz: answer mine (1, 2). :juggle:

As a reminder SaulToPaul is number 57 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

You're projecting again, works salvationist.

And, by the way, he that committeth sin is of the devil. Have you sinned today?
The artful dodger will avoid that one, as always.