ECT Speaking in tongues

SaulToPaul 2

Here's a little quiz for heir :)

Let's look at this little verse and ask two multiple choice questions.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

1. He who speaks in a tongue speaks to: A. God B. Men C. Elephants D. Aliens

2. A. No one understands the tongue except God B. Other men understand the tongue C. Everyone understands the tongue D. Only Paul understands the tongue.

Let's see how well you do in this little test?

Makes more sense if you quote the full context

1 Corinthians 14King James Version (KJV)

14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

andyc

Makes more sense if you quote the full context

1 Corinthians 14King James Version (KJV)

14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Doesn't add anything to your case.

And, how would a person speaking in tongues edify himself if he didn't understand what he's saying? :chuckle:

andyc

Those little maddies love to make fun about tongues in all the other threads when they get all upset, but when the discussion is on tongues, they've got nothing to respond with :chuckle:

andyc

You don't speak in tongues. You fake it like the rest of the wannabes. I used to be a fake just like you.

Ok, from your perspective, I might be. I can live with that. But you cannot deny from scripture that this gift is for me today, and so it is only on the basis of your opinion that you don't think I have it.

andyc

We'd respond to evidence you can do as you claim.

Already gave the evidence a few posts back.....

1Cor 1:3-7
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ

Still waiting for Christ to be revealed, still using the gifts.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
We hate every false way. Ask us why.

Why are you a false convert?
elvis.gif
Why does Heir
chick_emoticon_sleep_by_pistra.gif
fake speaking in tongues? :p

Related:

Lordship

musterion

If if I truly believed I had what you claim to have, I would have already posted evidence for the edification of the church and as a witness to unbelievers. That is no lie, I would have already done it.

We know why you won't.