Spanking children teaches discipline!

genuineoriginal

He's conflating undisciplined with unspanked. You can have well-disciplined children without spanking them. He doesn't think that's possible, but I know it's possible.
Well, I suppose one out of a million might become well-disciplined without spanking, but that is no reason to assume that the remaining 999,999 will do so, since history shows the opposite.

Arthur Brain

Some people are sociopaths despite good parenting.
Your style of "parenting" creates sociopaths.
There is a big difference.

What the heck about anna's "style of parenting" 'creates' sociopaths exactly? Is this yet another bonkers posit to chalk up to you GO? Ok, rhetorical question...

There are thousands of years of history that proves there is no problem with people marrying when they are younger than the current arbitrary age of 18.
Your ignorance of the success of historical solutions to common situations is appalling.

There's no good reason at all in the present for anyone to be 'married off' whatsoever, let alone under the age of 18.

Then again, I'm talking to a guy who thinks people can train themselves to fall in love with napkins and dish cloths so why am I not surprised?

:dunce:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
He's conflating undisciplined with unspanked.

And you all conflate 'spanked' with 'abuse'- a method of parenting that worked remarkably well for thousands of years, and still does.

You can have well-disciplined children without spanking them.

If you are upper-middle class or better, or if you bribe or spoil your child, you won't have to worry about criminal delinquency.

But guess the upbringing a typical sociopath experiences, since [MENTION=17501]ok doser[/MENTION] has brought it up :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain

And you all conflate 'spanked' with 'abuse'- a method of parenting that worked remarkably well for thousands of years, and still does.

If you are upper-middle class or better, or if you bribe or spoil your child.

And guess the upbringing a typical sociopath experiences :rolleyes:

Yours?

:idunno:

genuineoriginal

guess the upbringing a typical sociopath experiences
one like this one?
Donatien Alphonse François, best known as Marquis de Sade, was born in Paris, France on June 2, 1740. His father was a diplomat in the court of Louis XV, and his mother was a lady-in-waiting. From the start, de Sade was raised with servants who flattered his every whim. Not long into his childhood, his father abandoned his mother, and his mother took refuge in a convent.

By the age of 4, de Sade was known as a rebellious and spoiled child with an ever-growing temper.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i know that clinicians are unsure of the causes of sociopathy

so it's unprofessional of you to pretend that you know what doesn't

You know that no clinician is going to agree with the idea that not spanking a child produces a personality disorder in that child.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
one like this one?
Donatien Alphonse François, best known as Marquis de Sade, was born in Paris, France on June 2, 1740. His father was a diplomat in the court of Louis XV, and his mother was a lady-in-waiting. From the start, de Sade was raised with servants who flattered his every whim. Not long into his childhood, his father abandoned his mother, and his mother took refuge in a convent.

By the age of 4, de Sade was known as a rebellious and spoiled child with an ever-growing temper.​

:rotfl:

I've seen a lot of slippery slope fallacies around here, but this deserves some kind of an award. Don't spank your child, and he'll grow up to be the Marquis de Sade. :chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't (or shouldn't) need to tell you what's in the DSM.

actually, you do

my free online access expired

but of course, we both know the answer to my question

annabananahead said:
You have do decide first whether or not there's discipline without spanking.

i've never argued otherwise

annabananahead said:
To do that you'll have to break ranks with GO.

then you can produce a quote from GO saying there's no discipline without spanking?

i'll wait