Spanking children teaches discipline!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
actually, you do

my free online access expired

You should have university access. I'm not going to do your work for you.

but of course, we both know the answer to my question

We sure do, but it doesn't go in your favor.

i've never argued otherwise
Then you have no argument, because I disciplined my children.

then you can produce a quote from GO saying there's no discipline without spanking?

i'll wait

Go back in the thread.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
tell ya the truth, i don't have the bizarre fascination with sociopathy that you and town seem to have

much more interested in ASDS, especially high functioning ASDS

i suspect it's more prevalent than currently accepted

and now i gotta turn in my lappy :wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
tell ya the truth, i don't have the bizarre fascination with sociopathy that you and town seem to have

much more interested in ASDS, especially high functioning ASDS

i suspect it's more prevalent than currently accepted

and now i gotta turn in my lappy :wave2:

:chuckle: Yeah. You do that.

BTW, you've confused GO for TH. (I know TH is never far from your mind, but he wasn't on this thread...)

genuineoriginal

then you can produce a quote from GO saying there's no discipline without spanking?

i'll wait

Go back in the thread.

I went back in the thread, and these are the only quotes I can find that could even be twisted into a claim that I said there's no discipline without spanking:

You seem to think spanking a child is the only way to discipline and teach them right from wrong.
It is not the only way, it is one of many tools a parent has.
Well, I suppose one out of a million might become well-disciplined without spanking

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I went back in the thread, and these are the only quotes I can find that could even be twisted into a claim that I said there's no discipline without spanking:

Right. I'm used to your disingenuousness.

I didn't spank my children. Knowing that, you said:

If the parent will not discipline the child, then the society is forced to do so and will do it with a lot more force than a spanking.
If the parent is prevented from disciplining the child by people like you, then the society will have many more sociopaths to deal with.

There's more like that, but it's enough. You don't think my kind of discipline (non-spanking) is discipline. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the discussion we've had.

genuineoriginal

I didn't spank my children.

You don't think my kind of discipline (non-spanking) is discipline. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the discussion we've had.
What is the definition of discipline?

discipline
the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.
to punish (someone) as a way of making sure that rules or orders are obeyed
to punish or penalize for the sake of enforcing obedience and perfecting moral character
to punish as a way to bring about good behavior​

Now, to repeat what I said earlier:
You seem to think spanking a child is the only way to discipline and teach them right from wrong.
It is not the only way, it is one of many tools a parent has.

Spanking is not only one of the many tools a parent has to teach discipline to a child, it also the most efficient way to discipline a child.

quote-tired-mothers-find-that-spanking-takes-less-time-than-reasoning-and-penetrates-sooner-to-the-seat-will-durant-54179.jpg

richard-moody-quote-they-said-he-was-abused-if-spanking-a-kid-is-abusi.jpg

funny-quote-psychological-conditional-child.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
discipline
the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.
to punish or penalize for the sake of enforcing obedience and perfecting moral character

Spanking is not only one of the many tools a parent has to teach discipline to a child, it also the most efficient way to discipline a child.

Then why would you say that my form of discipline (or as you put it, my "parenting") creates sociopaths?

Some people are sociopaths despite good parenting.
Your style of "parenting" creates sociopaths.
There is a big difference.

Yes, a wayward child is not a sociopath and a sociopath is not a wayward child.
Your style of "parenting" creates sociopaths.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

discipline

quote-tired-mothers-find-that-spanking-takes-less-time-than-reasoning-and-penetrates-sooner-to-the-seat-will-durant-54179.jpg

richard-moody-quote-they-said-he-was-abused-if-spanking-a-kid-is-abusi.jpg

funny-quote-psychological-conditional-child.jpg

attachment.php

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Anyone who beats a child with a rod is an abuser.

Perhaps, the verse "spare the rod and spoil the child" means something not quite so literal.

This is what the problem is, today, anyone who uses any corporeal punishment,is perceived as an abuser. This causes many of the lower classes to fear parenting, thus they allow their children to do as they please. When their unruly kids are bigger, the parent, often a single mother, fears the child and kicks him out of the home.

The kid then joins a gang, become more violent and criminal and disrespects women. All this happens, I have seen it, not only read about it, and I also know parents do fear the law, or fear child services taking away their kid, and therefore losing income, so they 'put up with their male children until they are teenagers then they lock them out of their homes and these boys turn to gang life. All these killings in major cities ate mainly the result of violent youth gangs.

Two major cause of street gangs are: the AFDC recipient must not live with a supporting male; the admonish if corporal discipline leaves the parent in the sole role of a keeper.

It is easy for spoiled middle-calls brats to criticize something they fault their own parents for, yet fail to perceive the damage they have dome to many in the lower classes!