ECT SO WHERE IS CORNELIUS NOW , IN THE KINGDOM OR THE B O C ??

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you kidding? Read what the scripture you REFERENCED says!!! To the prophets and apostles, not just one apostle named Paul!

I avoid nothing. I took careful time to explain it to you and you need to study for yourself.

You got it backwards. Eph 3:5 and 4:11 list 'apostles' before 'prophets'.

1Co_12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets...................
Eph 4:12 .......for the edifying of the body of Christ:

When Paul mentions 'prophets' in these verses, is he talking about OT prophets?

Read what you're reading.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Tam , and Cornelius is PART of Israel , and the OT says that Hell has enlarge itself !

The B O C was not yet known until Paul wrote about !!

God says in Gen 4:10 it says that the voice of thy brother's blood crieth from the ground , which to me means that Abel was the first in Sheol / HADES Acts 2:31 !!

dan p
You have 3 categories where believers reside:
BOC
Kingdom
Hell

DAN P

So Cornelius is a part of Israel despite the fact that the nation has been temporarily set aside?

Hi Jerry and many say that Israel was set aside :

#1 At the cross

#2 At Acts 7 , with Stephen

#3 At Acts 9

#4 At Acts 13

#5 At Acts 28:28

#6At 70 AD

But Israel was DOOMED from Mt Sinai as Isa 6 and Luke 13:6-9 and 2 Cor 3:13-15 and many other passages

Many are sign posts of what will happen to Israel and many read and will never believe that Israel has been set aside UNTIL Ron 11:25 and then in verse 26 all Israel will be saved !!

Nor only was Israel set aside , and the follow was also set aside , Repentance , Tongues , water Baptism , Prophecy and Gifts of Knowledge , Wonders in the Sky , in Acts 2:18-20 !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
So Cornelius is a part of Israel despite the fact that the nation has been temporarily set aside?
Many are part of Israel even though Israel has been temporarily set aside.

Was David part of Israel even though Israel has been temporarily set aside?

Was Jesus part of Israel even though Israel has been temporarily set aside?

The entire believing nation of Israel has a future resurrection into the land per Ezekiel 37.

God's Truth

You got it backwards. Eph 3:5 and 4:11 list 'apostles' before 'prophets'.

1Co_12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets...................
Eph 4:12 .......for the edifying of the body of Christ:

When Paul mentions 'prophets' in these verses, is he talking about OT prophets?

Read what you're reading.

What do you think it matters if the word 'prophet' comes before or after the word 'apostle'?
You don't know that Paul is speaking about New Testament prophets?

God's Truth

Hi and avoiding John 20:23 AGAIN ??

Admit that you do not know what it means to REMIT SINS and they did remit sins , during Jesus earthly ministry , SO are you obeying Jesus ??

dan p

Jesus told his apostles that they could remit sins. The apostles to the Lamb had a unique calling.

God's Truth

"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins"
(Heb.10:4).​

The animal sacrifices were a "type" which illustrated the different purposes of the Lord's death upon the Cross.

The blood of animals did not take away their sins but God told the people to do it for the forgiveness of sins. See Hebrews 9:22.

The sacrifice of animals made the people ceremonially clean.

Hebrews 9:13
For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean,

God's Truth

Hi Tam , and Cornelius is PART of Israel , and the OT says that Hell has enlarge itself !

The B O C was not yet known until Paul wrote about !!

God says in Gen 4:10 it says that the voice of thy brother's blood crieth from the ground , which to me means that Abel was the first in Sheol / HADES Acts 2:31 !!

dan p

Jesus taught the Jews about entering the body of Christ when he walked the earth.

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

musterion

Hi to all so where is Cornelius now ??

Is he in the Kingdom of Heaven ??

Or is he in the B O C ??

How will you prove either one ?

dan p

I think the question is best answered by asking, What was it Cornelius heard and believed when he was saved?

41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

What did Cornelius learn from Peter?

He learned that Christ had died, was buried, and rose again. He learned that whoever believes on Him would receive remission of sins.

Peter wasn't even done speaking, hadn't gotten to the point of what he was preaching, when Cornelius started speaking in tongues.

Does that mean Peter preached Paul's gospel? No, because that wasn't the exact content Peter was sent to preach. But it is what Cornelius heard and believed at the point he was saved, and Peter's company was ASTONISHED by it...meaning they were not expecting it. Which means that was not, itself, the good news they had been sent to share, but it IS what was said at the moment Cornelius spoke in tongues.

Because of that, I believe he may be in the Body, which would make him and the others with him first, with this incident intended by God to set the stage for the Twelve's acceptance of Paul later on. Or, he may still have been counted among redeemed Israel.

The point is, he heard that Christ had died, was buried, and rose again, and that whoever believed on Him would receive remission of sins, which he clearly did believe and at that point he was saved.

Just my opinion, which may be wrong.

Jerry Shugart

Does that mean Peter preached Paul's gospel?

Did Peter preach Paul's gospel here?:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

And here?:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed" (1 Pet.2:24).​

God's Truth

It appears that it mattered to the author of sacred scripture.

Of course I know that he was speaking of prophets in the BOC. Perhaps you didn't.

No it doesn't matter as you say it does.

As for the BOC, is that not church?

Well here is more proof that you preach falseness:

Acts 11:25 Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Barnabas was WITH PETER and then later went to look for Saul and for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught and were called Christians.

If Peter did not help Cornelius get into the Body of Christ, then how is it the meeting places were called 'church'?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No it doesn't matter as you say it does.

As for the BOC, is that not church?

Well here is more proof that you preach falseness:

Acts 11:25 Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Barnabas was WITH PETER and then later went to look for Saul and for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught and were called Christians.

If Peter did not help Cornelius get into the Body of Christ, then how is it the meeting places were called 'church'?

Does this verse refer to the BOC?

Act 19:32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

DAN P

Does this verse refer to the BOC?

Act 19:32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

Hi and Steko is right on as EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY !!

EK means OUT OF !!

KLESIS is KALEO and means A CALLING OUT !!

So , EKKLESKA means a called our ASSEMBLY or translated Congregation is acceptable !!

The books of Matthew to Revelation are written in Greek and NOT written in English !!

dan p