Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Big Mouth Nana

No Worries said:
In such circumstances it wouldn't be murder anyway. Its at worst manslaughter or what ever the equivalent is over the Atlantic.
Murder is murder. One of these days your brain may explode from trying to make up stuff that you think sounds reasonable. So far, nothing you have said has done anything for me :down:

Evee

Big Mouth Nana said:
Are you saying that if someone wasn't mentally responsible for murdering someone, that they are still deserving of death???
Like Andrea Yates??
I am confused about her. :sigh:

No Worries

Big Mouth Nana said:
Murder is murder. One of these days your brain may explode from trying to make up stuff that you think sounds reasonable. So far, nothing you have said has done anything for me :down:

Murder is murder.
If you kill somebody without intent to harm them then it is not murder.
If someone does not have intent to harm but causes death anyway (not responsible for their actions) then it is not murder.

Try and talk around this but 'murder' is specifically defined.

Big Mouth Nana

CRASH said:
He was asking God to forgive them for murdering God! They knew they were murdering a man, but what they did not know is that they were murdering God!
So, He was asking Himself to forgive them? Nada!!! Jesus was God, but God in the flesh. They were separated during His time on the earth. As an analogy when He was in the garden praying to the Father, He would have been praying to Himself. Can you see the ludicrousness of this? Of course they were murdering God/Man in actuality.

Evee

Big Mouth Nana said:
She got caught up into false doctrine and went insane. The way that I see her is, she has no excuse. The truth is available for anyone.
Did you see this link about her?

http://crime.about.com/od/current/p/andreayates.htm
Didn't she get out on a bond to go to a mental institution?
I just feel..Well I am not sure what I feel but maybe the death sentence would have been merciful.
Can you imagine having to live and breath those thoughts *I killed all of my children* for the rest of her earthly life.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Big Mouth Nana said:
Are you saying that if someone wasn't mentally responsible for murdering someone, that they are still deserving of death???
You guys seem not be able to get your heads around the fact that this has nothing to do with me! I am not here to give you my opinion. My opinion isn't worth anything more than yours is (which is nothing). I am a Christian and as such I submit myself to the word of God and trust that God is in fact the just God that He claims to be.

Genesis 9:6 Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.​

Now, of course, there are details which take things like accidents into account but someone's age or level of stupidity is not one of them.

If someone intentionally kills someone else, whether by premeditation or by negligence they should be executed, period.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Big Mouth Nana said:
So, He was asking Himself to forgive them? Nada!!! Jesus was God, but God in the flesh. They were separated during His time on the earth. As an analogy when He was in the garden praying to the Father, He would have been praying to Himself. Can you see the ludicrousness of this? Of course they were murdering God/Man in actuality.

Pay attention:
They did not know they were murdering God. Jesus is God. He asked the Father who is also God to forgive them because the did not know what they were doing. Not because he wants us to forgive murder and all crimes.

Last edited:

Big Mouth Nana

Evee said:
Didn't she get out on a bond to go to a mental institution?
I just feel..Well I am not sure what I feel but maybe the death sentence would have been merciful.
Can you imagine having to live and breath those thoughts *I killed all of my children* for the rest of her earthly life.
I don't know if she did or not. I didn't follow the story to closely. Makes me wonder since she had so many kids close together if she didn't suffer from postpartum depression. I only had one kid, and I had that right after my daughter was born. You actually think that you are going insane. I called my mom at work and begged her to come and get my baby, that I couldn't take it anymore. Your emotions go totally crazy because some womens hormones are all messed up after birth. Plus, this woman was getting perverted scripture from this minister about womens roles in life.

Big Mouth Nana

CRASH said:
Pay attention:
They did not know they were murdering God. Jesus is God. He asked the Father who is also God to forgive them because the did not know what they were doing. Not because he wants us to forgive murder and all crimes.
I understood you the first time, even though that is not the way that you put it......"He was asking God to forgive them for murdering God..... which in essense is saying that he was asking Himself to forgive them for murdering Himself. :Grizzly: :Grizzly: :Grizzly: :Grizzly:

Big Mouth Nana

Clete said:
If someone intentionally kills someone else, whether by premeditation or by negligence they should be executed, period.

Resting in Him,
Clete
So, if I pass out at the wheel of my car through some kind of sickness, run over you and kill you, I should suffer death :dead:

GuySmiley

Big Mouth Nana said:
So, if I pass out at the wheel of my car through some kind of sickness, run over you and kill you, I should suffer death :dead:
Only if you intentionally passed out at the wheel of your car.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Big Mouth Nana said:
That depends on why you passed out.

If you knew that you were prone to passing out and someone died because of your negligence or apathy then yes, you should be executed.

If you passed out because you were drunk, then yes, you should be executed.

If, on the other hand, you had no history of passing out and had no reason to think that you were about to pass out while driving then no, it was an accident, and there is no crime.

Exodus 21:28 “If an ox gores a man or a woman to death, then the ox shall surely be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be acquitted. 29 But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

33 “And if a man opens a pit, or if a man digs a pit and does not cover it, and an ox or a donkey falls in it, 34 the owner of the pit shall make it good; he shall give money to their owner, but the dead animal shall be his.
35 “If one man’s ox hurts another’s, so that it dies, then they shall sell the live ox and divide the money from it; and the dead ox they shall also divide. 36 Or if it was known that the ox tended to thrust in time past, and its owner has not kept it confined, he shall surely pay ox for ox, and the dead animal shall be his own.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Big Mouth Nana

Clete said:
If, on the other hand, you had no history of passing out and had no reason to think that you were about to pass out while driving then no, it was an accident, and there is no crime.
I feel an unexpected dizzy spell coming on. Where do you live :rotfl: ?

Exodus 21:28 “If an ox gores a man or a woman to death, then the ox shall surely be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be acquitted. 29 But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

33 “And if a man opens a pit, or if a man digs a pit and does not cover it, and an ox or a donkey falls in it, 34 the owner of the pit shall make it good; he shall give money to their owner, but the dead animal shall be his.
35 “If one man’s ox hurts another’s, so that it dies, then they shall sell the live ox and divide the money from it; and the dead ox they shall also divide. 36 Or if it was known that the ox tended to thrust in time past, and its owner has not kept it confined, he shall surely pay ox for ox, and the dead animal shall be his own.
Do you think that these laws right here qualify for today :doh: ??????