Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
So "some" of them do and "some" of them don't? And if they don't get "forced" to heaven they go where? Limbo?
They may choose heaven or they may choose hell... just like the rest of us, except that they didn't have the opportunity to make their decision in this life.

Rimi

allsmiles said:
absolutely frightening. if they were allowed to execute people for their intimate, personal, bedroom habits where would they possible stop?

throughout the history of the church, whenever they are given an inch, they take a mile.

these people need to remain utterly powerless.

And rapists and pedophiles who practice their desires in the privacy of their bedrooms would love you!

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Rimi said:
Hey, Erin. To set it right, I have only the anger of one who hates seeing people like Hateme mock God.
So, if someone was to mock God right in front of you, right in your face, what would you do? Strike out with your fists, or walk away?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
They may choose heaven or they may choose hell... just like the rest of us, except that they didn't have the opportunity to make their decision in this life.

This makes for a pleasant hypothetical but has no biblical basis that I'm aware of. Making it up as you go is comfortable, anyway.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
reverend said:
Man, I'm getting well confused. Look:

4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’

What if my dad was gay and he came out? This is getting complex! What would I say or do? :D
You're a Christian. Do you think that question would stump Jesus?

Assuming homosexuality is legal in this scenario (as indicated by his "coming out"), here's a hint:

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. Leviticus 19:17

You aren't under the impression that "honor" means "condone the sin of," are you?

Rimi

reverend said:
Man, I'm getting well confused. Look:

4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’

What if my dad was gay and he came out? This is getting complex! What would I say or do? :D

You really need to keep up . . . . we're talking about a governing authority doing this, not vigilantism, not DIY.

reverend

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
You're a Christian. Do you think that question would stump Jesus?

Assuming homosexuality is legal in this scenario (as indicated by his "coming out"), here's a hint:

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. Leviticus 19:17

You aren't under the impression that "honor" means "condone the sin of," are you?

Look at in the context of the thread and the suggestion gays should be killed. Daft sop :banana:

allsmiles

Turbo said:
Likewise if they grew up to be murderers or kidnappers or adulterers. What's your point?

i wasn't talking about murderers, kidnappers or adulterers. i was talking about homosexuals and the hypothetical idea that they should be executed for their sexual orientation.

What if the person who was killed as a baby in the womb decides he doesn't want to be in Heaven with God?

i dunno, i don't believe in heaven and i don't believe in your god so i don't believe an answer exists for your question.

i am curious about your biblical basis for believing that dead babies can choose to go to heaven or not.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
This makes for a pleasant hypothetical but has no biblical basis that I'm aware of.
I pointed out one biblical basis: God gave Adam and Eve the option to end their relationship with him.

That's just in the opening chapters. The whole Bible is full of God expressing His desire for people to choose Him.

Upon what biblical basis do you conclude that all murdered babies are forced to spend eternity in heaven?

shilohproject

Rimi said:
And rapists and pedophiles who practice their desires in the privacy of their bedrooms would love you!
Are you equating homosexual behavior between consenting adults with rape and pedophilia? That's a huge stretch which threatens to reduce your argument to the absurd!: :juggle:

Rimi

Gerald said:
So, if someone was to mock God right in front of you, right in your face, what would you do? Strike out with your fists, or walk away?

I confront and rebuke.

What do you do when you see someone mocking your best friend? Don't you stand up for them?

beanieboy

They protest what you say that God says.
I don't think you would know God if he sat next to you on the bus.
For you, the bible is nothing more than a way to justify your anger, hatred, and murderous mind.
The bible simply makes you assuage your guilt.

Rimi

shilohproject said:

Are you equating homosexual behavior between consenting adults with rape and pedophilia? That's a huge stretch which threatens to reduce your argument to the absurd!: :juggle:

The argument was made that people should do what ever they want in the privacy of their bedrooms. This would not apply to rape, pedophilia or murder. Nor does it apply to homoism.

IQ's sure have dropped around here if I have to explain this one.

reverend

BANNED
Banned
Rimi said:
You really need to keep up . . . . we're talking about a governing authority doing this, not vigilantism, not DIY.

And I'm talking about the accountable action of the individual, and particularly the prevalent attitude on this site. The aggression shown here, if transferred to my imaginary scenario, would make for a sticky situation. The language used, if put into the context of cursing, would surely lead to half of the folk posting on this thread to be killed according to the Law (in the scenario). And Jesus verifies this. It brings my post full-circle and shows you haven't the ability to answer properly.