Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

erinmarie

On Fire said:
No - none.

Okay, let me get this straight.... (no pun intended, of course).

You don't believe in the death penalty at all? You don't believe that a convicted murderer should be put to death under the law of our country and the law of Our Father? hmmm.....

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
Granite said:
Ooooh, so what other people have done automatically tells you what I would do and I'm a coward for not realizing it! I get it now. :doh:

Yes, you are. By nature and self-admission Christians are children and sheep. You and others would go along for the ride. You people always have and always will. Get a clue and learn about what your brethern have done in the past.

Can you cite a single example of the church's political power going unabused? If not, why should your faith's track record not be called into question?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
Homosexuality was a capital crime under God's law. As was adultery, murder, rape, and kidnapping. Do you support the death penalty for any of those crimes?

Not adultery.....

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
It isn't found in a single verse but in an understanding of the Bible. God set Israel aside to be His chosen people to reach the world. Idolatry, witchcraft and other sins of that nature were punished so severely because it was essential that Israel remain true to God in order to fulfill His plan. Unfortunately, they did not remain true and their status as the chosen people was taken away. Now, those laws concerning only Israel are not in effect because they have been cut off.

:rotfl:

But you guys can't even agree with each other. So which one of you or what group of Christians should we believe or pay attention to?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
BillyBob said:
Every Christian is a dispensationalist, otherwise they'd be Jewish. :doh:
Good point, though some sects seem to take it further than others.

Imrahil appears to be firmly in the "The Jews dropped the ball, so now the Christians are the Chosen People™" camp.

On Fire

erinmarie said:
Okay, let me get this straight.... (no pun intended, of course).

You don't believe in the death penalty at all? You don't believe that a convicted murderer should be put to death under the law of our country and the law of Our Father? hmmm.....
MY Father sent Jesus to this Earth as an example. Jesus never killed. He taught us that all life is precious. All life. Criminals should be punished, of course, but not murdered.

lovemeorhateme

On Fire said:
MY Father sent Jesus to this Earth as an example. Jesus never killed. He taught us that all life is precious. All life. Criminals should be punished, of course, but not murdered.

YES! Someone who agrees with me!

shilohproject

The Berean said:
Well, if homosexuality is genetic then it is possible that a DNA screening test could be given to a fetus. Then the parents could have an abortion if they don't want to have a "gay" baby, right? :rolleyes:
I believe the Right to "Life" folks would argue that so long as the gay person is in utero, then their life matters to God. It's only after they are born that they become expendable. :dizzy:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On Fire said:
MY Father sent Jesus to this Earth as an example. Jesus never killed.
But Jesus did uphold the Law, including the capital crimes therein, and rebuked those who disregarded the Law in favor of their own tradition.

Matthew 15
1 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

3 He answered and said to them, [jesus]“Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:
8 ‘ These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”
[/jesus]​

MY Father sent Jesus to this Earth as an example. Jesus never killed.
He never punished any criminal in any way. (Which is not surprising, since He did not come as a governing authority). But you do agree that some sins are crimes and that criminals should be punished. So this same argument you've made against us could just as easily be made against you.

He taught us that all life is precious. All life.
See the red text above. Also, when one of the criminals being executed with Christ mocked him, the other criminal was repentant. And he said that Jesus was innocent but they were receiving their just punishment. Jesus did not correct him, and the Holy Spirit inspired the repentant criminal's statement to be recorded in Scripture. (See Luke 23:39-43)

Criminals should be punished, of course,
What standard should be used to determine what should be a crime, and what punishment is appropriate for each crime?

but not murdered.
A government carrying out its God-given responsibility to execute a murder does not commit murder. (See Romans 13:1-4)

That said, why should murderers be punished, and what should their punishment be?

God has said,
Whoever sheds man’s blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man.
Genesis 9:6​

But you say, none should be executed. Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?

dRock

On Fire said:
But government was established by God and what the government does is only a reflection of God... :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why is this suggestion of the Berean's so offensive?

"Well, if homosexuality is genetic then it is possible that a DNA screening test could be given to a fetus. Then the parents could have an abortion if they don't want to have a 'gay' baby, right?"

What is worse: allowing a gay person to be born and potentially go to hell or sending them straight to heaven?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Why is this suggestion of the Berean's so offensive?

"Well, if homosexuality is genetic then it is possible that a DNA screening test could be given to a fetus. Then the parents could have an abortion if they don't want to have a 'gay' baby, right?"
Because murder is wrong.

What is worse: allowing a gay person to be born and potentially go to hell or sending them straight to heaven?
Why do you assume that slaughtering babies sends them all straight to heaven?

Newsflash: At birth, everyone (not just so-called "gay babies") has the potential to go hell when they eventually die.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Because murder is wrong.

Newsflash: At birth, everyone (not just so-called "gay babies") has the potential to go hell when they eventually die.

Your answer is more straightforward than the usual Christian weaseling on this subject.

That said, the idea that aborted children go to hell is one of the more sickening conclusions of Christian dogma.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
That said, the idea that aborted children go to hell is one of the more sickening conclusions of Christian dogma.
For the record, I don't believe that aborted children all go to hell. Nor do I think they'll be forced to go to heaven.

But what's really sickening is the idea that we ought to kill our innocent children in an effort to force them into an eternal relationship with God. Even God put the tree of death in the Garden.

allsmiles

Turbo said:
Because murder is wrong.

but if they grew up to be gay they'd be executed...

uh, it's the compassionate merciful thing to do... your god is compassionate and merciful sometimes, right?

:vomit: