Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I understand, there are also things that I could never carry out, I could never rape anyone, unless it was in self defence or my family and loved ones were at serious risk I doubt I could ever kill anyone, the difference for me is that I can morally and ethically reason why those would be heinous crimes to commit, with sexuality it really isnt a choice whatsoever,
anyway, this is just my take on this, no offence intended.....
How could you rape in self defense?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm going to have to ponder your question, but I don't think I am wrong.
Of course you don't think you're wrong, but you said you don't know for sure you're right. So ponder this well, Delmar, you are potentially advocating murder. :think: *cue dramatic chipmunk*

uk_mikey

You're missing the distinction between morals and sins. I don't think attraction to kids is a choice, but I do think acting on it is, and anyone who does so should get the DP. This is because it involves unconsensual sex and hurts the child both physically and mentally. Homosexuality, in contrast, involves consensual sex which hurts the parties no more than heterosexual sex does. The fact that both are sins does not make them equal, and to compare them is insane, to me.

I wasn't missing the distinction. My point was simply to demonstrate what Red77 had already said, but from my own perspective, that there are sins that others can commit, because of how their minds are wired, which individually we wouldn't be able to commit, simply because we don't have that capability for that particular sin.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course you don't think you're wrong, but you said you don't know for sure you're right. So ponder this well, Delmar, you are potentially advocating murder. :think: *cue dramatic chipmunk*

Of coarse I don't advocate murder, and since homosexuality is not going to be recriminalized in the near future I not in a huge hurry to finish mulling over the question, since I'm pretty sure I'm right anyway:D

Paine

BANNED
Banned
No, it isn't a choice. I wish it was, for if it was I would choose to be attracted to females. I would never have chosen to be attracted to other guys. So long as I abstain from sexual activity, I am not sinning.

I cannot possibly express the peace that came from getting past that point of belief in my own life. I only hope you will one day reach the same place, and feel what joy freedom from the bondage of such a belief truly brings.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And if you end up being wrong, would executing homosexuals have been murder?

bump for Delmar.....
Good new Kmo
I studied the issue and I am 100% sure that God destroyed the homos of Sodom before the law of Moses!

uk_mikey

Of coarse I don't advocate murder, and since homosexuality is not going to be recriminalized in the near future I not in a huge hurry to finish mulling over the question, since I'm pretty sure I'm right anyway:D

Are you sure that homosexuality isn't going to be criminalized soon? Islam is the world's fasted growing religion. :(
I can't think of a single islamic state where homosexuality is legal. :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you sure that homosexuality isn't going to be criminalized soon? Islam is the world's fasted growing religion. :(
That is a good point. Thanks for the correction.

red77

I thought the iniquity of Sodom was pride, fullness of bread, abundance of idleness, not helping the poor and needy.

But I guess there are more important things to focus on.

helping the poor and needy should take priority over recriminalyzing homosexuality in any civilised society, the focus that this subject garners is out of all proportion to the strife that occurs in this world which should take precedence...

Wessex Man

btw anyone who wants to execute or even restrict in anyway the private practice of homosexuality doesn't believe in free markets.

Free markets mean you allow people to engage in any non-coercive behaviour, and homosexuality is not coercive.

kalel29

BANNED
Banned

I find that ironic, because Middle Eastern men have sex with each other. At least the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan do.

zoo22

I find that ironic, because Middle Eastern men have sex with each other. At least the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan do.

Well, they do execute homosexuals in Iraq. They stone them to death. I think Afghanistan it was a death sentence when the Taliban were running things. They did some some kind of burying homosexual people alive in rubble or something.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Well, they do execute homosexuals in Iraq. They stone them to death. I think Afghanistan it was a death sentence when the Taliban were running things. They did some some kind of burying homosexual people alive in rubble or something.
I guess captial punishment is not a deterrent?

red77

Burrying people alive in rubble? grief - that is as sickening as it is barbaric :rain: