Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

lovemeorhateme

They were all of us, no matter when or where that crowd was convicted or who was actualy in it is moot, those words apply to everybody - unless there is anyone who claims that they have no sin? They were no beter than the woman who they so self righteously wanted to kill, its no different in this matter....

What is the issue is that the woman was commanded by Jesus to sin no more. It didn't mean that she would be without sin. He was telling her to stop committing adultery.

red77

What is the issue is that the woman was commanded by Jesus to sin no more. It didn't mean that she would be without sin. He was telling her to stop committing adultery.

I reedited my post to answer that, none of this negates the fact that a woman was about to be stoned by people who thought they were righteous in taking her life, they were hypocrites because of their own immorality and were convicted accordingly....

lovemeorhateme

I reedited my post to answer that, none of this negates the fact that a woman was about to be stoned by people who thought they were righteous in taking her life, they were hypocrites because of their own immorality and were convicted accordingly....

So if I judge a non-Christian as a sinner, I am a hypocrite?

Evangelism is all about judging! If I didn't judge someone as a sinner, I wouldn't be evangelizing them, and consequently they could be on the path to hell! One has to judge others if one wants to see them saved! It doesn't mean I don't love them with the love of God, it just means that one has to judge, as the Bible says, judging righteously.

red77

So if I judge a non-Christian as a sinner, I am a hypocrite?

Evangelism is all about judging! If I didn't judge someone as a sinner, I wouldn't be evangelizing them, and consequently they could be on the path to hell! One has to judge others if one wants to see them saved! It doesn't mean I don't love them with the love of God, it just means that one has to judge, as the Bible says, judging righteously.

You would only be a hypocrite for wanting to have them killed for immorality the same as the mob who wanted to kill the woman for adultery, noone is perfect including christians unless you go with the bizarre notion that christians are infallible from doing anything wrong, thats totally separate from making 'judgements' about people although if you want to share a message with people then antagonising and condemning them is usually counter productive as well as hypocritical....

zoo22

Seriously no offense intended, but that's what the Phelps/Westboro Baptist Church says too. Righteous judgment.

Though they'd say you aren't judging nearly righteously enough.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night. Odd things that put folks to sleep.

Kimberlyann

Hmm.. why did God flood the earth and destroy nearly all of mankind, except Noah and his family? Was that a reprehensible act? God saw evil in the hearts of man so great that he decided to kill every man, woman and child. And you say that a Christian should never advocate the death penalty!

Also, read what God said to Noah after the flood, in Genesis 9:6 .. ''Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.''

So, I think we pretty well have the death penalty covered there. Yes, God IS love, but God is also a God of Judgement.. and He will judge the wicked. He commanded the death penalty from the time of Noah. Check your theology and get back to me.

How many time does it also have to be re-iterated.. no true Christian would ever advocate murder. I do not, and neither does any of the 30% on this thread who voted 'yes'.

Do you also support the death penalty for disobedient children? (Exodus 21:17, Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

What about those found guilty of violating the Sabbath? (Exodus 31:15)

red77

Do you also support the death penalty for disobedient children? (Exodus 21:17, Deuteronomy 21:18)

:thumb:

It'll be interesting to hear the answer on this, i reckon there'll be a whole lot of talk about 'symbolic law' which just comes down to selective interpretation.....

Memento Mori

:thumb:

It'll be interesting to hear the answer on this, i reckon there'll be a whole lot of talk about 'symbolic law' which just comes down to selective interpretation.....

"Selective interpretation?" A new euphemism for "picking and choosing?"

zoo22

Do you also support the death penalty for disobedient children? (Exodus 21:17, Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

I almost posted a "Should Sabbath workers be given the death penalty?" poll this morning, but thought better of it before clicking the "submit thread" button :chuckle:

I'm inclined to think no, but there may be some compelling arguments by the good folks here to sway me.

Quincy

hey if u dont like them, dont acknowledge them. ur achknowledgement creates ur reality. if u dont pay them any attention in ur eyes then they dont exist in ur eyes. kinda like me and leprechauns.

Kimberlyann

I almost posted a "Should Sabbath workers be given the death penalty?" poll this morning, but thought better of it before clicking the "submit thread" button :chuckle:

I'm inclined to think no, but there may be some compelling arguments by the good folks here to sway me.

Wonder how many good Christians are guilty of that crime? :D