Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh come on now. Some "heritage" is clearly more repulsive than others. That of the confederate flag, the southern "lost cause" is clearly among the worst.

s0Y8bRC.jpg

The civil war killed more Americans than any other war. And for what? Slavery and the southern way of life, which was an economy based on slavery.

Just because you have a certain heritage, doesn't mean you should celebrate it. Germany has done what was right with their heritage. The south (any other part of the nation that wants to celebrate the "heritage") should do the same with theirs. To do otherwise is to deny the stain that's been on our nation since the beginning.

They keep trying to pull the "heritage" card as though "it happened so it's okay" is any kind of reasonable, logical argument.

rexlunae

People are so sensitive. I don't care one bit about the Confederate flag. What does bother me is people that get offended constantly. Grow up. I can't stand this politically correct culture.

So...you're offended by other people being offended. Gee, that's totally reasonable.

rainee

The civil war killed more Americans than any other war. And for what? Slavery and the southern way of life, which was an economy based on slavery.

Just because you have a certain heritage, doesn't mean you should celebrate it. Germany has done what was right with their heritage. The south (any other part of the nation that wants to celebrate the "heritage") should do the same with theirs. To do otherwise is to deny the stain that's been on our nation since the beginning.

Oh Alate One! Welcome!

I always wondered why the North didn't just let the South go?
All those young men suffered and died.
Why couldn't the South just leave? People could still help slaves escape.. Maybe most if not all of them! It would've worked, I think.
The industrial revolution was already coming and soon slaves in big numbers wouldn't be needed, I guess?

Why? Why war instead of letting them go?

rainee

Wow we got a real problem with the truth looks like.
Does reality ever darken some of y'all's door?

rainee

Does any body know black people and has had them for friends and neighbors but the Southerners here?
Anyone?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does any body know black people and has had them for friends and neighbors but the Southerners here?
Anyone?

Yes ... from my over forty years in N. California. Co-workers, the best boss I ever had, many of my son's friends, Little League, the owner of the bookstore I frequented, my hairdresser's husband, etc.

What of it?

Alate_One

Oh Alate One! Welcome!

I always wondered why the North didn't just let the South go?
All those young men suffered and died.
Why couldn't the South just leave? People could still help slaves escape.. Maybe most if not all of them! It would've worked, I think.
The industrial revolution was already coming and soon slaves in big numbers wouldn't be needed, I guess?

Why? Why war instead of letting them go?

The south started shooting? Peace treaties were attempted but none succeeded. The south couldn't just leave the north alone or settle things through treaty, they felt the need to carve out a country with blood.

And what nation (the north) is going to stand by and capitulate to another group that's shooting at you?

Alate_One

Anyone?

The "I have a black friend" defense isn't how you determine if someone is racist. The shooter had black friends too.

Christon Scriven, a friend from a trailer park in Lexington, South Carolina, where Roof was a regular visitor, told the New York Daily News that the alleged gunman had outlined his horrific plans last week.

“He flat out told us he was going to do this stuff,” said Scriven, who is black. “He was looking to kill a bunch of people.”

Scriven said he and their other friends assumed he had been joking.

Source

rainee

Yes ... from my over forty years in N. California. Co-workers, the best boss I ever had, many of my son's friends, Little League, the owner of the bookstore I frequented, my hairdresser's husband, etc.

What of it?

Thank you for telling me, the reason I asked is because I couldn't find any of the self righteous ones here willing to say they did.

I had a friend who grew up in the South here where I am, and she went up to Washington DC to live and got enrolled at a black college to get her physical therapy assistant certification (which was no longer allowed down here) and then when she came back down here got a job at the hospital as one.
She said she did regret not getting the PT degree but the point is she didn't have any black colleges down here but she could have a great time up there with many nice black kids maybe since she had been going to school with more black and white kids than we would even think to count. She was white like you.

When I see the others posting they seem a little untouched by a reality of many kinds of people.

I guess I should say this is a military town soo we kind of lived in an international kind of world.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These same folks used to picnic at lynchings, pose for pictures, and send postcards remarking matter of factly about murdering black folks in broad daylight. Charming history. What a heritage.

Yep.

Here they are posing at a lynching.

main-qimg-0aadbd1699b7198db7f728dd86117b09

rainee

What of it?

Btw want to say the name of the town, I lived in Southern Oregon for a while near the borderish.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Btw want to say the name of the town, I lived in Southern Oregon for a while near the borderish.

Certainly. I lived in Concord, CA for over 20 years. However, that doesn't mean I didn't view attitudes of racism when growing up.

One little known fact is that my father grew up in W. Virginia with a mother who associated with the KKK. The constant use of the "N" word from my father, brother, sister and my nephews really bothered me.

Let's just say I would have never considered bringing a black boyfriend home due to the reaction of my father.

rainee

Maybe you'll like this

You idiot can't you see you are posting things that are not real here.
They are gone.

Evil is not gone
Things like that are happening
BUT YOU are feeding yourself fuel for self righteous indignation over something NOT here any more.

You coward
You know you can't change the past
And you show you enjoy looking at horrors

Since you can't do anything about them
But upset

I can only hope one day you will care about evil now.

But can't you be honest with yourself at all?

Your feeding your morbid attraction at the sadness of others

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You idiot can't you see you are posting things that are not real here.

Every time a black person sees the Confederate Flag it reminds him/her of those pictures.

Yet, you want that hateful flag to fly on government property.

They are gone.

Did you already forget what happened in Charlestown last week?

A white Southern Boy who loved the Confederate Flag walked into a church and murdered 9 people because they were black.