Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Beware those with white hooded robes

Not just white robes.

football-rally-300x225.jpg

Gee, what a shocker....there's that Confederate Flag again.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Close, very close.
So;
Do professional funeral mourners carry vegetarian flags around and lynch people?
But don't you know, Fool, that the KKK determines what symbols mean for everyone?
White robes with hoods is a no-no. Can't be using those symbols.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian the last line of your post seems to conflict with line above it? Wasn't it part of a quote of Tets?

Oops. Yes. I'll fix it. I'm not yelling at Tets, either. He has a point. He just doesn't have all the points.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This is one frightening photo.
white-black-church-school-segregation-communist.jpg

The crowd seems to be made up mostly of neatly-dressed, ordinary people, who just happen to hate black people. Never has a photo so accurately depicted the banality of evil.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is one frightening photo.
white-black-church-school-segregation-communist.jpg

The crowd seems to be made up mostly of neatly-dressed, ordinary people, who just happen to hate black people. Never has a photo so accurately depicted the banality of evil.

These same folks used to picnic at lynchings, pose for pictures, and send postcards remarking matter of factly about murdering black folks in broad daylight. Charming history. What a heritage.

rainee

Southerners used to quote the Bible as they hung and tortured black people.

Notice the Confederate Flag carrying racist's sign has a reference to Genesis 1:24-26 on it:

So slavery and torturing and killing people really bothers you?
Oh Tet it is awful and it happens all the time.
In places where blacks among others do it today as they have for a long time... Why is it hard for me to believe you really hate these awful things since I don't see you speaking against them but I do see you posting some pics as if you really knew anybody who lived then or knew anything about it.

So time to tell, how many people of color have been your friends?
Ok, just your class mates? How bout your neighbors?

BTW I knew of a little girl who was riding on a train with her mom back during the time of civil lib marches. A man sat next to the two of them and tried to talk nice and friendly, asked the little girl where she got that pretty blond hair and she told him it wasn't blond it was yellow. He chuckled. Anyway he was on his way to join the civil lib march and traveled all over the country to join things like that. Real nice white guy, so I heard.
The same little girl knew a lady who took her children to see Martin
Luther King's Marches. She was a very nice white lady, so I've heard.

The rest of the people I may mention are persons of color...friends at school, in the neighborhood...
But you need to share first Tet. Show your colors.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These same folks used to picnic at lynchings, pose for pictures, and send postcards remarking matter of factly about murdering black folks in broad daylight. Charming history. What a heritage.
Give me a break you blooming liberal!

All heritages are littered with both charming and repulsive history.
If you are going to condemn heritages that have repulsive history, then condemn all heritages.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I understand you guys use that word as shorthand for anything you disagree with but you're really beating it to death on this thread.

Nothing I said's untrue. At all.

rainee

Wow hanging on to one part of the past really must be needed for proper propaganda, or do any of y'all posting those old pictures know what happened in this country after these were taken? Were any of you in the South? Did any of you see these things or have them happen in a town where you knew anyone at all?

You are starting to look like the worst kind of people if you weren't or didn't.

rainee

If you are going to condemn heritages that have repulsive history, then condemn all heritages.

Tam they live a lie every day, they live segregation now, today.
Who cares if they were evil in the past - they pervert their own truth now.

Alate_One

Oh come on now. Some "heritage" is clearly more repulsive than others. That of the confederate flag, the southern "lost cause" is clearly among the worst.

s0Y8bRC.jpg

The civil war killed more Americans than any other war. And for what? Slavery and the southern way of life, which was an economy based on slavery.

Just because you have a certain heritage, doesn't mean you should celebrate it. Germany has done what was right with their heritage. The south (any other part of the nation that wants to celebrate the "heritage") should do the same with theirs. To do otherwise is to deny the stain that's been on our nation since the beginning.