Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Sancocho

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not.

Is the property owned by "we the people", or some other group?

The property is owned by the government.

You can't just walk into the Pentagon, or most government buildings.

Nor should a cross, or Star of David, or any other religious symbol be placed in government buildings.

Especially a Confederate Flag.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is now embraced by people who support states rights, which is good, and that completely separate from whatever slavery meaning has been superimposed upon it, which is also good.

You're wrong

It's embraced by White Supremicists, and is a symbol of racial hatred.

Remember: Democrats actually supported slavery, then segregation, and as a party they still support both. That flag no longer has any connection with them.

I'm very familiar with the Democrats and their support of slavery. It was the Republicans who fought for Civil Rights while the Democrats opposed it.

musterion

How long have you been a leftist, Tet? You're using leftist reasoning and arguments. Conservatives don't do that.

musterion

I'm not a warmonger and an Israel worshipper like most Conservatives either.

You sound just like a leftist. I'm glad to now know why you refuse the plain meaning of Scripture in favor of your human interpretations. I knew you'd show yourself eventually; I just didn't think it'd take politics to do it. :carryon:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or maybe most Republicans today realize that the Confederate Flag is a symbol of racial hate.

Outlawing a flag in response to a mass shooting shows how insane liberals are. What meaningful change are you hoping it will achieve?

Now if the murderer were to be executed tomorrow with rocks, that might scare the hell out of someone else would could otherwise follow a similar path.

And redacting overbearing gun regulations would clear the way for innocent people to effectively protect themselves without risking penalty.

However, the left do not want answers; they want more rules.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Angel asks:
Which says? (all of it, not just the part you like)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I highlighted the relevant clauses for you. The first prevents government from imposing any religion whatever. This means those who want to be left alone are free from religion if they so desire, and the second prevents government from interfering with exercise of religious freedom.

The 14th Amendment extended our freedoms to state governments as well, meaning that no governmental entity may impose or interfere with religion.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Outlawing a flag in response to a mass shooting shows how insane liberals are. What meaningful change are you hoping it will achieve?

People have been trying to remove this flag for years.

For example, Steve Spurrier the head football coach for South Carolina said the following EIGHT YEARS ago:

"My opinion is we don't need the Confederate flag at our Capitol, I don't really know anybody that wants it there, but I guess there are a lot of South Carolinians that do want it there."

Now if the murderer were to be executed tomorrow with rocks, that might scare the hell out of someone else would could otherwise follow a similar path.

If that idea worked, then your Muslim buddies that do as you suggest, wouldn't have to keep doing it all the time like they do.

Funny how you side with Islam when it comes to the law.

And redacting overbearing gun regulations would clear the way for innocent people to effectively protect themselves without risking penalty.

That has nothing to do with the Confederate Flag.

However, the left do not want answers; they want more rules.

Flying a flag that symbolizes racial hatred is not the answer.