ECT Rightly Dividing

achduke

Just pointing that out to you. I was not trying to be rude ...

Fact is, we are each both each other's senior and or junior in one area or another.

Danoh, I want you to know the bulk of my diatribe was not directed at you. There are others I see who do not contribute much to the conversations but still feel the need to rebuke.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then tell us when this happened:

"Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: 'See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him'" (Jude 14-15).​

You did exactly what I said you would do.

Here's the verse again Jerry:

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Instead of giving OT verses and asking: "When did this happen?", why don't you actually address what Paul said in 1 Cor 10:11?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because you don't even know the resurrection that Paul has in mind there, even though he spells it out.

Paul spoke of "the first resurrection". It's the same resurrection that John spoke of in Revelation:

(Rev 20:5-6) ...This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead will not come to life until the thousand years is over. That will be the "second resurrection", which will be a resurrection of unbelievers.

There are no other resurrections, despite what your fellow MADist Jerry says:

Besides that, there is a resurrection of damnation so that makes three resurrections!

And here:

So the Scriptures reveal two different resurrections of the just, one which is foretold in the OT and another which was a mystery truth, not found in the OT.

Do you agree with your fellow Darby follower?

Are there three resurrections?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course you now want to change the subject because your ignorance has been exposed about the fact that believers have indeed been given the stewardship to preach the gospel. You are worthless as a steward because you are not even aware of your stewardship responsibility.

The following in "bold" sums up the mystery of the gospel:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

The mystery of the gospel is centered on the Cross. That is the source of all the good news which comes to those who believe.

And it was first revealed by Paul and that is why he says, "But now...has been made known":

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

This righteousness which is of God and has been revealed has been given to ALL who believe. It is also "apart from the law."

But you in the Neo-MAD camp are so ignorant of the mystery of the gospel that you teach that the Jewish believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works. And that is why all of you run and hide from this verse which demonstrates that the only thing that anyone needs to do is to "believe" in order to be saved:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

It is time for you to turn on your heels and run as fast as you can from the truth found here!

I'm so happy I'm not under your "tutelage." I'd remain as ignorant as you.

Jerry Shugart

I'm so happy I'm not under your "tutelage." I'd remain as ignorant as you.

You prove that you are not only ignorant but that you also run and hide from verses like this one:

Here we read that all who "believe" are saved. But according to the ideas of those within the Neo-MAD crowd the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You fail to give us a reason why we should believe you instead of what is written at John 3:16. Why is that?

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Here's the verse again Jerry:

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Henry Alford, whom the preterists quote often, has the following to say about Paul's words at 1 Thessalonians 4:17 :

"Then, beyond question, he (Paul) himself expected to be alive, together with the majority of those to whom he was writing, at the Lord's coming. For we cannot for a moment accept the evasion of Theodoret and the majority of ancient commentators (viz. that the apostle does not speak of himself personally, but of those who should be living at the period), but we must take the words in their only plain grammatical meaning, that 'we which are alive and remain' are a class distinguished from 'they that sleep' by being yet in the flesh when Christ comes, in which class by prefixing 'we' he includes his readers and himself. That this was his expectation we know from other passages, especially from 2 Cor. 5." (Alford's Greek Testament, Vol.III, in loc).​

Since Paul was taught that the catching up of the saints could happen at any moment then he assumed that the end of the age was near. But anyone in theoir right mind knows that the catching up of the saints has not yet happened.

That is my answer and even though you may not agree with what I said at least I answered you. Now it is your time to answer when the following happened:

"Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: 'See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him'" (Jude 14-15).​

And this?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left" (Mt.25:31-33).​

Danoh

Paul spoke of "the first resurrection". It's the same resurrection that John spoke of in Revelation:

(Rev 20:5-6) ...This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead will not come to life until the thousand years is over. That will be the "second resurrection", which will be a resurrection of unbelievers.

There are no other resurrections, despite what your fellow MADist Jerry says:

And here:

Do you agree with your fellow Darby follower?

Are there three resurrections?

Darby was Acts 2 D. Jerry is still very much Acts 2 D. So, no, I do not view him as Mid Acts. Rather, as Neo Mid Acts.

Thus, while I do hold to three distinct resurrections, I did not arrive at them, nor do I base them on various of some of the passages that Jerry bases them on, let alone, any author under the sun he has no problem mixing and matching towards proving that he is right, and that he alone is.

I have already laid out my approach in several posts on this thread.

Jerry Shugart

Neo-MAD=The Robber Barons

Neo-MAD=The Robber Barons

Paul was given the form of sound words that we are to hold fast to today (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV). That would be Romans through Philemon.

You make a HUGE blunder when you assert that only some of the epistles contain doctrine for those in the Body of Christ. Let us determine to whom 1 Corinthians was addressed. Paul wrote:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so Paul's words in this epistle applies to them. And here is what he told every Israelite believer in every place:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

There can be no doubt whatsoever that all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus in every place must include all of the believers among the Israelites so they were told that they were baptized into the Body of Christ.

From this we can know that all of the believers in the first century were members of the Body of Christ so it is Romans through Jude that applies to them.

All your false teaching does is to attempt to rob believers of certain truths that apply to them. Those truths are found in the book of Hebrews through Jude.

Jerry Shugart

Now is a good time to demonstrate what determines the beginning of the present "dispensation of the grace of God." Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "the grace of God," a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

From this we can know that the present dispensation did not begin until Paul preached the gospel of the grace of God and that did not happen until the Mid Acts period.

HisServant

Now is a good time to demonstrate what determines the beginning of the present "dispensation of the grace of God." Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "the grace of God," a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

From this we can know that the present dispensation did not begin until Paul preached the gospel of the grace of God and that did not happen until the Mid Acts period.

The only thing Paul was given was a task/stewardship to preach the same gospel to the Gentiles in such a way that they would understand.

No different from the tasks/stewardships given to the major prophets of the Old Testament.

Jerry Shugart

The only thing Paul was given was a task/stewardship to preach the same gospel to the Gentiles in such a way that they would understand.

You are so ruled by your preconceived ideas that you are able to trick you mind into believing that only one gospel was preached by Paul during the Acts period.

According to your confusion the 'good news" that Jesus is Christ, the Son of God, is the same 'good news" that the believer is "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

The LORD gave you a brain so why don't you start using it?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, the man who was the Head of the Criminal Investigation Department of Scotland Yard and the man who solved the Jack the Ripper Case. He was very grounded in reality, unlike you scatter brain.

No.

Anderson got the seventy weeks wrong and he lied about the number of days.

Christ was cut off in the middle of the week thus ending the sacrifices and oblations of the OC.

Christ preached the covenant for 3.5 years before being cut off and will do so again for 3.5 years again by another way.

The scriptures give only 3.5 years to yet occur , and not 7 as Anderson and the deceived like to teach.

No wonder your theology is a mess as the preterists also are.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, the man who was the Head of the Criminal Investigation Department of Scotland Yard and the man who solved the Jack the Ripper Case. He was very grounded in reality, unlike you scatter brain.

Anderson is credited with claiming the "he" in Dan 9:27 is the antichrist, and not Christ Jesus.

Sir Robert Anderson was one of John Nelson Darby's little proteges.

It's no real surprise you would admire such a misguided person.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Hate to remind you of this, but the Jack the Ripper case was NEVER
solved. Next you'll announce that, Sherlock Holmes cracked the case.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No.

Anderson got the seventy weeks wrong and he lied about the number of days.

Christ was cut off in the middle of the week thus ending the sacrifices and oblations of the OC.

Christ preached the covenant for 3.5 years before being cut off and will do so again for 3.5 years again by another way.

The scriptures give only 3.5 years to yet occur , and not 7 as Anderson and the deceived like to teach.

No wonder your theology is a mess as the preterists also are.

LA

Yours is a mess as well!

Jerry Shugart

Anderson is credited with claiming the "he" in Dan 9:27 is the antichrist, and not Christ Jesus.

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate" (Dan.9:27).​

There is no evidence that the Lord Jesus ever confirmed any covenant for a time period of seven years. Therefore the word "he" at the beginning of this verse does not refer to the Lord Jesus.

Where did you ever get the idea that the Lord Jesus confirmed a covenant for seven years with anyone?