Reformed Islam

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Jesus never said that divorce not stemming from adultery was okay, now did he?

Just as divorce not stemming from adultery is a sin, so is homosexuality. Therefore to say that divorcees whose spouse didn't cheat on them are okay, but homosexuals are bad, is the very definition of cherry-picking

Am I clear now?

No, because that still leaves the invalid comparison to things never shown to ever be ok in any sense whatever and your reasoning of divorcing to be with other people, thats already adultery.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Any interpretation of the holy is a reformation, for each person has to find a God that makes sense to them.

Here on earth God’s work must truly be our own..

***Luther did not like the church’s selling of indulgences--then came Reformation.

***Jesus wanted to push the envelope on normative Judaism--Reformation.

***Christians began to take another look at slavery--Reformation.

***The nonviolent faith became the faith of the Holy Roman Empire and the Caesars--Reformation.

Reformation means change.

Each cultural expression of humankind’s relationship with God has to first be mediated through a particular time, place and society and second has to be flexible and nimble enough to deal with the inevitable changes that happen every day.

God has built in “reformation” within the very structure of reality.

Greg Jennings

No, because that still leaves the invalid comparison to things never shown to ever be ok in any sense whatever and your reasoning of divorcing to be with other people, thats already adultery.

Is divorce not stemming from adultery ever okay?

And since you seem to have so much trouble with this, I'll make it simpler: it's cherry-picking to want to punish homosexuals but not adulterers, is it not?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Is divorce not stemming from adultery ever okay?

And since you seem to have so much trouble with this, I'll make it simpler: it's cherry-picking to want to punish homosexuals but not adulterers, is it not?

Who is advocating that adultery is ok? Adultery used to be a crime also, liberals made that no longer the case.

Practicing Homos are also committing adultery since its not possible to be married before God, since marriage is man and woman.

There is no argument that makes gay sex ok, just like there is no argument that makes adultery ok.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Okay, we're making progress here.

Would you then agree it is cherry-picking for someone to condemn homosexuals while not speaking out on adultery?

No, adulterers aren't standing up and demanding the right to be seen as not sinful or to have their lifestyle celebrated by others.

Most rational sane people already agree that adultery is wrong.

Greg Jennings

No, adulterers aren't standing up and demanding the right to be seen as not sinful or to have their lifestyle celebrated by others.

Most rational sane people already agree that adultery is wrong.

Nobody is asking you to celebrate gay lifestyle. They want to be tolerated, not your celebration. They could care less about what you think as long as you don't get in the way of their personal freedom.

Anyway, those who divorce without their spouse cheating on them (which you consider adultery) absolutely demand that their lifestyle be accepted. So you are incorrect there

mike_j_beaupre

And do YOU realize the book Christians choose as their faith says in Revelation that Jesus will slaughter the unfaithful so that the blood will reach to the level of his horse's bridle for a distance of 200 miles?

Any Christian should know that, in my opinion.

Yes, I am aware. Thank you. But you're assuming I'm a part of some specify religious sect. Assumptions are always wrong. Because you presume the unknown

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I am aware. Thank you.
Thank you. That was my point.

But you're assuming I'm a part of some specify religious sect. Assumptions are always wrong. Because you presume the unknown
I only assumed that because you self-identify as a Christian you were aware--or should be--of the violence and apocalyptic divine “ethnic cleansing” that is a part of our faith as well.

Assumptions aren’t ALWAYS wrong. If they were, our scientific world today would collapse.

I am totally accountable for my all-too-human propensity to “assume the unknown” every day of my life. And I try to be accountable for all of my gross misunderstandings while doing so.

mike_j_beaupre

There were no other options when I signed for what I believe in, I had to pick something.

If others tell us something we make assumptions, and if they don't tell us something we make assumptions to fulfill our need to know and to replace the need to communicate. Even if we hear something and we don't understand we make assumptions about what it means and then believe the assumptions. We make all sorts of assumptions because we don't have the courage to ask questions.
Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

Interplanner

Yes, I am aware. Thank you. But you're assuming I'm a part of some specify religious sect. Assumptions are always wrong. Because you presume the unknown

The passage refers to the cataclysm of the 1st century destruction of Jerusalem. The rebellious zealots of Judaism and lots of innocents perished in the zealot revolt.

There are several figures of speech in the passage in any case. The numbers probably are and the passage is indicating the wrath of Christ toward this kind of Judaism for not becoming the missionaries he wanted them to be.

It is not as unqualified as you seem to think it is.

mike_j_beaupre

So what's your point? Christ said to kill people as Muhammad did? So it's ok that Islam is like that because Christ said something along the same signs.

CherubRam

Reformed Islam
Can Islam be reformed? That is the question. My answer is, no, it cannot be reformed.
Muhammad said he was the last prophet.
Moslems claim that nothing can be added to the Quran.
Mohammad felt entitled to kill, and he believe he was doing God’s work.

Mentally ill people follow and support other mentally ill persons.

Khomeini’s speech 1981
Why do you Mullahs only go after the ordinances of prayer and fasting? Why do you only read the Quranic verses of mercy and do not read the verses of killing? Quran says; kill, imprison! Why are you only clinging to the parts that talk about mercy? Mercy is against God.
[Khomeini’s speech 1981 Commemoration of the Birth of Muhammad]

Psychopath: Defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, lacking in mercy, and disinhibited or bold behavior.

Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Micah 7:18
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

Zechariah 7:9
“This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.

Matthew 5:7
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

A Muslim claims that White Christian males commit most terrorist acts. http://www.vox.com/2015/11/21/9774766/muslims-condemn-terrorism

I looked into it, and the statements is not true at all.

Interplanner

So what's your point? Christ said to kill people as Muhammad did? So it's ok that Islam is like that because Christ said something along the same signs.

If you are referring to my reference to the Jewish Revolt of the 1st century, the killing was done by the 10th legion of the Roman army. Christ said it would happen in Mt 24, Mk 13, Lk 19, 21, if Israel persisted in the zealot direction instead of in the Christian mission. It seems rather obvious that continuing to agitate a military power 1000x your size is a bad idea.

Christ does not give that kind of command to his people, and even in ancient Israel under Joshua it was only commanded (never mind what later kings thought up to do) about one child-sacrificing sect in Canaan.

There is of course a day of judgement coming upon all mankind at the end of time but it is not practiced or executed by people in this life.

mike_j_beaupre

If you are referring to my reference to the Jewish Revolt of the 1st century, the killing was done by the 10th legion of the Roman army. Christ said it would happen in Mt 24, Mk 13, Lk 19, 21, if Israel persisted in the zealot direction instead of in the Christian mission. It seems rather obvious that continuing to agitate a military power 1000x your size is a bad idea.

Christ does not give that kind of command to his people, and even in ancient Israel under Joshua it was only commanded (never mind what later kings thought up to do) about one child-sacrificing sect in Canaan.

There is of course a day of judgement coming upon all mankind at the end of time but it is not practiced or executed by people in this life.

TBH. I have zero clue what you're trying to accomplish with your post.