Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

You can't have understood the point I was making. You say that Paul, referring to Abraham's salvation by faith rather than works (Romans 4) is not a reference to the law in general but the laws regarding ceremonies - but Paul specifically makes this law of works a reference to all the law by quoting Moses as I have shown.

I am saying you are wrong to limit 'works of the law' to 'ceremonies of the law'.

This is important. Please think about it. Paul is comparing the old and the new. Now please tell me, what is the faith about?

God's Truth

You can't have understood the point I was making. You say that Paul, referring to Abraham's salvation by faith rather than works (Romans 4) is not a reference to the law in general but the laws regarding ceremonies - but Paul specifically makes this law of works a reference to all the law by quoting Moses as I have shown.
I will prove it to you that it is about the ceremonial works.

Tell me, did Abraham obey God?

Let's take this slow, but I want you to understand so please answer and I will have another question right after that.

God's Truth

Abraham obeyed EVERYTHING that God commanded.

Abraham also was the first to be circumcised.

Circumcision is a WORK.

It is a seal and evidence that he belonged to God.

Paul speaks of CIRCUMCISION when he speaks of Abraham, and works.

Paul separates doing what is right and being circumcised.

Abraham Justified by Faith
4 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”
9 Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham’s faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised.

Do you understand now?

The WORK is circumcision.

Circumcision for what?

For a sign and a seal.

It is about GOD JUSTIFYING us.

Justifying?

Right.

There were works that the Jews had to do to JUSTIFY themselves before God.

Those works BEGAN WITH CIRCUMCISION.

Now through Jesus' shed blood on the cross, we do not have to justify ourselves, for Jesus will justify us, just by our believing his blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing. That is HOW GOD JUSTIFIES US. We no longer have to justify ourselves/make ourselves clean by doing certain WORKS.

God's Truth

Circumcision is the beginning of the PURIFICATION/ceremonial works the people used to have to do to justify themselves before God.

God's Truth

Abraham obeyed through faith.

What does Abraham obeyed through faith even mean? Abraham had faith AND Abraham obeyed.

The point is that Abraham obeyed EVERYTHING THAT GOD TOLD HIM TO DO.

Circumcision is a work! Circumcision does not make one evil or not it is just a work. God commanded it so NOT DOING THE CIRCUMCISION was a sin because God commanded to do it. Not getting circumcised is not like an evil person who commits adultery, but it is LIKE committing adultery only in the way that it breaks a command from God.

God's Truth

I will prove it to you some more.

I just proved it to you that the work Paul was speaking of when he spoke of Abraham was circumcision.

Now we can go to the Galatians and see to that the works that do not save is circumcision.

Anytime Paul says not of by works, it is about circumcision.

Circumcision is the first thing any Jew accomplishes.

It is the sign and the seal. It is a purification work.

The Gentiles were called UNCLEAN because they were not circumcised.

Since they were not circumcised, they could not even take part in the Passover, or any of the festivals.

They were dead in their sins, for they did not clean themselves by adhering to a dietary law either.

They also did not do various external washing and offer the blood of animals.

God's Truth

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile.

Acts 11:3
and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."

John 18:28
Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

Genesis 17:14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

Exodus 12:48 "A foreigner residing among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat it.

Joshua 23:7 Do not associate with these nations that remain among you;

Ezekiel 44:7
In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism is just another false denomination that just happens to misunderstand scriptures in other false ways than other false denominations.

Calvinism is the fruit of the Reformation, and is both the fundamental teaching of the Bible and reversal of the centuries of heresy that the Catholic Church built upon it.

You all are the false denominations :rolleyes:

lifeisgood

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors, we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Only those commands? How about ALL of the commands? Perfectly. Every single day from the first day of your life to the end of your life as you OBEYED God BEFORE you saved yourself by presenting the works of your hands which have been rejected already, so have mine.

lifeisgood

Jesus SAYS OBEY.

Why do you keep speaking against Jesus?

You are not blessed as a disciple, as a family member and friend unless you obey.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Did you read that? Jesus says 'THINGS' and 'THEM'. Jesus did NOT say ONLY BELIEVE AND YOU NOTHING ELSE. Jesus did NOT say believe and do not obey.

Remember James 2:10-11

Have you OBEYED at least Matthew 11:28, yet?

PROPER FAITH in the CORRECT OBJECT will produce proper works.
PROPER WORKS will NEVER produce proper faith.

The correct object is Jesus Christ and His finished work on that Cross of Calvary and NOT your obedience.